1.    #1  
    So I took the plunge and bought Mergic VPN today. Love it. Totally seamless access to my work email, which is on the old Exchange 2000 software. IMAP and Versamail work gloriously.

One wish left:

Is there a way to browse files on the network server? Tried from Blazer but it only seems to do http: ....

help?
    I think FilePoint by Bachmann Software, located at www.bachmannsoftware.com, might also come with the DocsToGo V7?? Mergic does Rock...great app and great support!! By the way, are you using Sprint with the $15 unlimited internet plan?? I've wanted to confirm it was VPN capable.
  3.    #3  
    Yup! Sprint Pictures Pack Vision - unlimited at $15. VPN works.
    I think wifile is what you are looking for. it allows you to browse any of your shared folders on the desktop in an "explorer" like interface. never tried it though, but it is basically an offshoot of smbmate which I have used and was freeware. smbmate worked great with mergic although d/l of files was a little slow. don't know if a copy of smbmate is still floating around out there, but if you can find it, it is worth grabbing. I believe the only features the commercial version of wifile has that smbmate did not is that you can point and click to open word / excel files with docs to go and mp3's with pockettunes etc. with smbmate, you needed to fully download the files to sd card before opening. good enough for me for a free program!!
    -- berto
    How did you setup your email to your corporate server? I have to go thru a VPN on my laptop. I setup Mergic and it dials up my corporate VPN no problem but I then can't get the email client to work?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    How did you setup your email to your corporate server? I have to go thru a VPN on my laptop. I setup Mergic and it dials up my corporate VPN no problem but I then can't get the email client to work?
    So, we have Exchange 2000. My IT guy didn't know how to activate IMAP, so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it shot anyway ... and it worked. I just added a new IMAP account in Versamail (not Snapper, b/c Snapper doesn't seem to do the automatic VPN connect thing as well ... or at least, I couldn't figure out how to make it go auto for one account but not my others).

For the imap server, I just used the server name that I use in exchange, and let Mergic add the domain name (which I specified in the Mergic setup).
    We use a Nortel VPN client. Does that matter? Is Mergic client specific?

Is there a trial version?

- E44
    How do you get versamail to connect to VPN? I use the pull down menu and say connect to VPN and it somes up with go to palmone to get a VPN Software.
    Mergic isn't but Nortel is. Mergic is compatible with any PPTP VPN, whereas Nortel is a proprietary implementation of IPSec. Sorry, but Nortel is only compatible with Nortel, and there is no PalmOS alternative.
    Doesn't the Treo650 Install CD come with a trial of Movian, which handles IPSec??
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44

Is there a trial version?

- E44
    Or do a search on Movian in the boards. There was a copy on the Net that got pulled down, not sure where it is now. But that version of Movian has a Nortel adapter for IPSEC.
    Anyone figure this out - I have the same problem.
    --G