Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I've been told that amr alarms don't play - no idea why, I just ask the treo to select an alarm (hence the standard dialogue) and then to play it. Can someone point me to where I'd get an amr alarm to test?

as to real player - read the real player warning in the 'select mp3 page'. It's there as-is, it is NOT reliable!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I've been told that amr alarms don't play - no idea why, I just ask the treo to select an alarm (hence the standard dialogue) and then to play it. Can someone point me to where I'd get an amr alarm to test?
    Here are a few of mine. The ones with "Rec" in the filename are recordings done with the 650 itself. The ones with "AMR" in the filename are MP3s converted into AMR using Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0. (Great app!) For those who don't yet know: AMRs will only work on a GSM Treo 650.

CV, are you also looking into the ringtone alarm 10-second cut-off issue?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    thanks - and yes, I will!
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I've been told that amr alarms don't play - no idea why, I just ask the treo to select an alarm (hence the standard dialogue) and then to play it.
    Hi CV, I've been doing some digging, and I think I've nailed the problem where AMR tones don't play when set as alarms.

Basically, Butler will play AMR tones only if the first ringtone at the top of the list is an AMR tone. If the first ringtone you have is a MIDI tone, then Butler will not play AMR tones.

Hope this helps.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    wow - that's odd. It gives me a clue as to what I might be doing wrong though! Thank you.
    Hobbyist Software
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345