Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsurgeon
    Thanks for the added infor...i'll have to give it a deeper look before i write it off? Any other recommended utilities? So far i've only added verichat, running fusemail and versa, powerrun, and butler...
    Here are a few apps I use on a regular basis, not just utilities:

ChatterEmail (true push email from IMAP email accounts...many have it linked to Fastmail.com or fusemail email)...this is the killer app for the Treo, in my opinion

Datebk5 - Greatly enhances the built-in calendar application

zLauncher - very powerful launcher, worth the effort to configure. Don't let the initial interface disappoint you, you can get it to look clean with some effort - do a search in these forums for zLauncher and themes.

Phone Technician (also from the maker of Butler) - best thing about this is that it can turn off alerts during phone calls

LexSpell - spell check your emails (www.beiks.com)

Card Export II from www.softick.com - turns your treo+SD card into a USB flash memory device

SplashID and SplashShopper - use them all the time. It is a good idea to get all your private info into an encrypted app, SplashID is one of the best.

eReader - If you want to read novels during downtime but don't want to carry books with you. (There are a lot of best sellers available now).

TideTool (if you surf or are a boater) (www.toolworks.com/bilosky/tidetool)

BackupBuddyVFS - backs your Treo up to the SD card

Filez - general file utility

PDAPlayground - so you can hand your Treo to a kid to play games w/out worry that your data will be lost.

Hope this helps - searching this forum for best apps will reveal other's favorites as well. Have fun! PalmGear has most of the apps available (and you thought buying the Treo was expensive - just wait until you start buying software....)
    It's very frustrating that the LED stuck-on problem hasn't been fixed (at least for me) yet. I'm regretting having bought this software
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    How's everyone doing with 2.85? I just noticed it was available. Says "1/Feb/05 2.85 650 Hotsync reset bug fixed!!" on the changelog.
    Wow, thanks for that update. I hadn't seen it. I'll be downloading it now.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    So far, I think 2.85 has finally fixed the reset issue for real! I've been using it now for a week or two and it looks good so far.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I have had no resets since my install last night, nice work!!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I still get an instant reset when I delete an un read txt at the same time I'm getting a "Hide SMS Popup" buzz. Gotta let those guys know about that.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I still can't get an "Orange LED" when there is voicemail waiting.

Is it only me?
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Bugs in version 2.85:

(1) I noticed that whatever alarm notification you set will automatically get cut off whenever the screen automatically turns off (as set in Prefs -> Power). This is a major problem if you were to set a low auto-off time (ie. 30 seconds); the alarm will only nag you for 30 seconds (not enough in my case) and then get cut off due to the screen auto off-ing. This is probably due to the OS not recognizing the playing of alarms as a valid event (much like reading books when in eReader).

(2) When specifying the alert sound for alarms # 2-6, the "Old Alarms" list of sounds will disappear when selecting with the 5-way.

While we're on the subject of alarms, would it be possible to allow the 4 app buttons or keyboard to snooze the alarm?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    No more resets for me, either. Thanks Confused!
    Bob Meyer
    first time butler user here....downloaded the trial of Initiate, Butler, Mother,and one other I cant remember. Treo 650 reset every time I tried to open applications button. I panicked as I didnt really want to do a hard reset, ( as i couldnt even get over to delete the apps b/c the phone reset each time). So I actually just renamed a favorite button to link to apps and that allowed me to get over to the delete programs screen, which then allowed me to delete all the hobbyist software I had just downloaded. Any ideas why this may have happened?
    Thanks in advance
    No idea what might have happened, but as a general rule I would NOT recommend loading 4 new apps all at once. I install one at a time, and make sure it seems to be working OK before installing another. That way, if there is a problem, at least you know which app is most likely responsible.
    Bob Meyer
    Bugs in version 2.85:

(1) I noticed that whatever alarm notification you set will automatically get cut off whenever the screen automatically turns off (as set in Prefs -> Power). This is a major problem if you were to set a low auto-off time (ie. 30 seconds); the alarm will only nag you for 30 seconds (not enough in my case) and then get cut off due to the screen auto off-ing. This is probably due to the OS not recognizing the playing of alarms as a valid event (much like reading books when in eReader).

What happens for me when you get power off is:
    ringtones - shut off
    old alarms - play and don't allow power to turn off
    mp3 - plays as long as you have enabled the appropriate settings in your mp3 player

I use the alternative keyguard
    I'm afraid the ringtoone shutoff is an os thing and I can't think of a good way round it.

(2) When specifying the alert sound for alarms # 2-6, the "Old Alarms" list of sounds will disappear when selecting with the 5-way.
    not sure I'm following this problem.

While we're on the subject of alarms, would it be possible to allow the 4 app buttons or keyboard to snooze the alarm?

unfortunately the attention manager is an OS thing - so as long as I use it, I can't readily customise it's behaviour.

let me know if I'm off the mark here
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc
    first time butler user here....downloaded the trial of Initiate, Butler, Mother,and one other I cant remember. Treo 650 reset every time I tried to open applications button. I panicked as I didnt really want to do a hard reset, ( as i couldnt even get over to delete the apps b/c the phone reset each time). So I actually just renamed a favorite button to link to apps and that allowed me to get over to the delete programs screen, which then allowed me to delete all the hobbyist software I had just downloaded. Any ideas why this may have happened?
    Thanks in advance
    I'd try them one at a time (you don't need mother if you have butler) and let me know if you have any more problems.
    Hobbyist Software
    2.87 is now up as a beta
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    it does a better job of locking down the code and should be more stable still. It might not work if stored in ROM.

Please let me know - ideally in the thread below.
    http://mytreo.net/forum?topic=7591.0

thanks.
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks for responding cv!

Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I'm afraid the ringtoone shutoff is an os thing and I can't think of a good way round it.
    Is that the way it was on the Treo 600? I can't remember... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    When specifying the alert sound for alarms # 1-6, the "Old Alarms" list of sounds will disappear when selecting with the 5-way.
    I have attached a screenshot. This happens only when setting alarms; Attention grabber doesn't seem to have this quirk.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bugs in version 2.86:

Upon further investigation, it turns out that the cut-off time is not the auto-off setting as previously thought. It is actually 10 seconds irregardless of your auto-off setting. I had mine set to auto-off after 1 min, and ringtone alarms only played for 10 seconds... not entirely enough.

I am sure that on my 600, I was able to wake up to Klavier playing to the full and not have the auto-off thingy truncate the alarm. Please fix this Rob...

Another user has also reported this here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=butler
    Thanks for responding cv!

Is that the way it was on the Treo 600? I can't remember... is it?

I have attached a screenshot. This happens only when setting alarms; Attention grabber doesn't seem to have this quirk.

Hope this helps.

a couple of people seem to get this - I've had a quick look and can't figure out what is up. It looks like a memory corruption in the alarm list.

I'll keep it on the bug list
    Hobbyist Software
    Upon further investigation, it turns out that the cut-off time is not the auto-off setting as previously thought. It is actually 10 seconds irregardless of your auto-off setting. I had mine set to auto-off after 1 min, and ringtone alarms only played for 10 seconds... not entirely enough.

I am sure that on my 600, I was able to wake up to Klavier playing to the full and not have the auto-off thingy truncate the alarm. Please fix this Rob...

Another user has also reported this here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=butler
    CV, are you looking into this bug? AFAI can remember, it worked fine on my Treo 600 - Klavier played fully before shutting off.

Also noticed that at times, RealPlayer and AMR alarms don't play, while other times it does...

Alarm reliability is the main reason I chose Butler and with these problems, it is very hard to trust it to wake me up every morning...
    I just installed Butler (v2.86) and Phone Technician (v1.93) and haven't had the chance to use an MP3 ringtone. My realplayer can test the MP3 with no problems at all but the MP3 ringtone doesn't work. Seems it needs another MP3 Software (Aero Player, MMPlayer or Pocket Tunes).
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast