Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Before I download, just clarifying that the version from Hobbyist Software is 2.81. Also, is there an LED alarm for missed calls in addition to one for voicemail?
    Where are you people downloading from. If I download from either palmgear or the hobbyist site, I get version 2.72.
    CV, do you actually have your own 650 now?
    Okay...off top i'm a newbie. But after reading forums...the trial version of Butler was the first program i added...

aside from the alerts and alarms, it doesn't seem to do to much...what am i missing?
    Dang, even with 2.81 I still can't get the solid orange when I have voicemail waiting. Using a Treo 650.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Hi - I should get a t650 in a few days
    to get the betas (post 2.72) you need to go to my site (www.hobbyistsoftware.com)
    aside from alerts and alarms; LED control, keylaunch (from anywhere), volume buttons to switch apps or scroll, and more...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsurgeon
    Okay...off top i'm a newbie. But after reading forums...the trial version of Butler was the first program i added...

aside from the alerts and alarms, it doesn't seem to do to much...what am i missing?
    Don't downplay the alerts. Sprint likes to advertise that you can use their service like a pager, but it takes an app like Butler to make the claim true. Pagers keep reminding you with a beep or vibrate until you check the message. The Treo alerts you only once, and I missed many a call or page because I didn't here the phone. Since adding Butler, that's not a problem. I have butler set to alert me to a missed call or a voicemail every 2 minutes for virtually forever. That's a handy feature if you care about missing a call.

Next to that, I find the KeyLaunch feature to be very useful. If you have speed dials set up, you can dial them from within any app, rather than having to load the phone app first. It may seem like a small thing, but if you use speed dial a lot the two step process gets more and more annoying over time.

I also like the ability to turn off the bloody flashing LED in a dark room. The LED on the 650 seems to be about 4 times as bright as on any other phone I've owned.

I don't use SMS much, but some people find the ability to keep the SMS screen from popping up at any time to be a valuable privacy feature.

For the price, I think it's very useful. Certainly not mandatory, but it makes every day use of the Treo much more pleasant. Other utilities that I feel the same way about include:

- Keycaps600 (makes typing so much easier)
    - TreoGuard (prevents the phone from answering calls by itself when the phone is in your pocket or a case, among other valuable featuers
    - PocketProtector (prevents the 4 hard buttons from accidently turning your phone on when you carry it in your pocket. Prevents many unintended consequences
    - KB Lights (let's you control when the keyboard lights are on / off, or lets you set them to go off after 8 seconds after your last keystroke. Almost a necessity if you use your Treo in dimly lighted places. Just wait to see how annoying those keyboard lights are when you check your phone in a movie theater to see who's calling.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thanks for the added infor...i'll have to give it a deeper look before i write it off? Any other recommended utilities? So far i've only added verichat, running fusemail and versa, powerrun, and butler...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    for 2.8 go here (on the bottom)

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I have butler version 2.72, is there a newer one than this?
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Hi - I should get a t650 in a few days
    to get the betas (post 2.72) you need to go to my site (www.hobbyistsoftware.com)
    aside from alerts and alarms; LED control, keylaunch (from anywhere), volume buttons to switch apps or scroll, and more...
    CV, one more time. Do you actually own a 650 of your own now?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    CV, one more time. Do you actually own a 650 of your own now?

as of 3 hours ago, I've been able to get a gsm 650 - but I only have it for a week.

Problem is I can't get it working properly...

I'll post for help!
    Hobbyist Software
    congrats and good luck!
    OK - I now have a hotsyncing backupmanning 650 with butler and phone technician running merrily.

If you're getting resets and you want to stop them- I need help.

Please head over to this post:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic/7242.0
    Hobbyist Software
    Does Butler provide audio alerts for new voicemail, or only visual (screen/LED) alerts?

I have tried searching on this but most all the threads I find discuss voicemail alerts in relation to the screen/LED alerts, not audio.

Can I set Butler to beep once every minute if I have a new voicemail (in addition to a LED change?).

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Does Butler provide audio alerts for new voicemail, or only visual (screen/LED) alerts?

I have tried searching on this but most all the threads I find discuss voicemail alerts in relation to the screen/LED alerts, not audio.

Can I set Butler to beep once every minute if I have a new voicemail (in addition to a LED change?).

Thanks for your help.
    It gives audio and visual (LED) alerts. YOu can set it up to beep on basically any interval you want. I installed the other day, works great with no probs so far.
    Thanks for the info! I need the audio alerts for voicemail just as much (actually, more) than the LED alerts, so this works...thanks again
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Will Butler pick up new Snappermail email and give any LED alerts?
    I can't seem to get my LED to indicate new email. It gives a one-time
    audio alert, then silence and no LED. Any thoughts? THANKS!
    I am getting new E-mail alerts from Snapper through Butler. The only thing I don't get is the # of messages waiting on the Phone screen (I do get the blinking *). That's not a Butler issue though.

What versions of Snapper and Butler are you running?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast