1.    #1  
    Well, as my phone was ringing about 2 hrs ago, I went to answer it. It froze on the incoming call screen. Totally locked. After I removed the battery and waited like 30 mins, it went into a continuous reset loop. I tried everything, and ended up having to do a hard reset.

Thankfully I synced last night. I have so many lunch dates, appts, etc. stored in my 650, that if lost, I would surely be fired if I couldn't recover them. Anyhow-

Now, after a hard reset, I synced with my mac (the isync conduit is on) and NO data (address book, calendar) was put on my palm. I almost had a heart attack after the sync. Thankfully the info is still on my mac, but I can't get it onto my palm. I tried to find the directional sync (force files onto my palm from my mac) but can't find it.

Someone, please help me. I'm very scared I'm going to lose everything.
  2.    #2  
    I'm on pins and needles here! Help!
    Check the iSync conduit settings in Hotsync (or Missing Sync if you use that). You will probably find that "enable iSync for this Palm device" is unchecked.

I will leave it at that for now, and compose the "if not, then..." suggestions while you look.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Check the iSync conduit settings in Hotsync (or Missing Sync if you use that). You will probably find that "enable iSync for this Palm device" is unchecked.

I will leave it at that for now, and compose the "if not, then..." suggestions while you look.
    Bad news. It is checked. Now what? (I'm combing the apple support forums now)

EDIT: MacJunkie, I'm on IM now
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 01/26/2005 at 07:30 PM.
    OK, look in the hotsync log and tell me what it says about iSync.

And do not worry, this can be fixed...it's just a matter of checking the easy quick things before we go through the long fix.
  6.    #6  
    HOLY ****. I checked "force slow sync" and now everything is gone on my mac too.

Wow. This is bad...
  7.    #7  
    Well, I lost some data, but thanks to MacJunkie, recovered mostly all of it.

You are a stand up fella. Thanks so much man.

BTW, if you use isync, DO NEVER CHECK "force slow sync" unless you are 100% certain you know what it does. For me, it erased ALL of my data. Thankfully, I had some of that backed up on my Thinkpad.

I could have been fired for losing 0's and 1's. I have so many lunches, appts scheduled with NO paper backup. Scary stuff (especially when you trust the integrity of P1!!). Everyone, I'd back up your data like now, just in case! You never know when it'll all be gone....
    Thanks, eric...I'm sorry you lost some data. I wish I had caught you before you did the "force slow sync" thing...nothing good has ever come out of that checkbox for me.
  9. djb
    Brand NeW unlocked treo650. Installed mac palm desktop software to get hotsync. (don't use desktop software). also d/l isync conduit. Check ENABLE. Isync ran fine...calendar data are fin. NO CONTACTS.

Tried Force Slow only once....no help.

Did hard reset and complete reinstall of Palm Deskto, hotsync, and isync conduit. Even threw out the USERS folder.

Still not syncing contacts.

Any suggestions appreciated.

djb