Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi Just wanted to get a little help. I got this tonight and hooked it up and am getting power but do I need to change anything in my phone pref. to make it work. The light on the cradle is on but the battery icon on the phone doesn't show it charging and I'm not getting an sound out of the cradle mount. I tried seidio online but they have no tech support on online so I may have to call them in the morning but was hoping you guys could figure it out. Thanks
    I suspect the Treo isn't fully seated into the cradle. You'll need to press harder on the phone to get it to seat properly. I wasn't real comfortable with this when I first started using the T650/G2500 combo, but my T650 hasn't suffered from it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks thats what it was. Can't believe how hard you have to push on the phone to get it to seat. It works great though, real happy with it. I actually got it after having read your review so again thanks. Paired with my new scala bluetooth it makes driving much safer.
    It gets a little easier after a while, and I think it's basically a good thing as it keeps the phone pretty securely in the cradle. It won't be popping out no matter what kind of bump you hit or how crazy of a driver you are.

Ask me how I know.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    where is the best price for the seidio for the 650? can you hard mount it to the dash board?
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    where is the best price for the seidio for the 650? can you hard mount it to the dash board?
    I can't address the pricing, but I can speak to vehicle mounting. The accessories supplied with the G2X00 series don't (IMO) lend themselves well to permanent mounting. You could, I suppose, pop-rivet their adapter plate to a spot on your dash, then slide the cradle onto their adapter plate - although, upon further reflection - double sided tape would probably be a less gung-ho solution.

The best all-around solution I found was to use a ProClip mount & attach it to the G2X00 mounting plate using some #8 flat head machine screws. You can see pictures of my finished install here:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=69424