1.    #1  
    So my trial is about to run out on my Snappermail 2.0, and well obviously i am going to purchase that program, as it does rock...and well i hear its better than versamail on the 650 so thats good.

Now im not going to get the Lite, cause i want/need auto mail delivery...conversely i dont need the enterprise, as i dont have an IMAP4 account, nor when i work (i dont need to have my mail with me)....

anywho...it comes down to Standard and Premier...10USD price difference

now the Premier has SSL support and memory card support, oh yeah and SplashPhoto4 as opposed JpegWatch Lite (neither which have i used).

So...SSL support..i know is security encryption type or whatnot...but its not generally used in regular email eh...and is the SplashPhoto program uber l33t over the JpegLite.

IE...which do you think is the best bang for the buck

oh yeah in CAD...the Standard is like 50 bucks, and Premier 60 something....

so yeah i really appreciate your opinions and insights to this situation...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    As a SM 2.0 owner, I'd opt to spend the extra $10 for premier for if nothing else, the SSL. Some ISP's require it, (Gmail), so in case you move to an ISP that does, at least you'll have it instead of paying an extra $15 or so to upgrade again. The SD card storage is nice, but I'm not a heavy user, but others here utilize it to the fullest.

As far as the ancillary programs, Splashphoto is certainly useful on the 600. I have a 650, so the Pics&Video works fine for me. But once again, nice to have the option.

It comes down to what you'll use and what you can afford. If you can afford the extra scratch, I say get Premier. You never know what you might use later.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    ^thats great advice...and yeah i could afford either... so yeah i think i will get the premier

oh question...with the full sm 2, you can have multiple accounts right?
    chatter is like 1/2 price of snapper.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Yes, but he'd need an IMAP account!

Marc
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^thats great advice...and yeah i could afford either... so yeah i think i will get the premier

oh question...with the full sm 2, you can have multiple accounts right?

Yes, you can have multiple accounts. I'm not sure what the limit is, but how many e-mail accts does one really need? More then 4 or 5? It becomes a little unruley after that.

If you only use POP accts, SM is the way to go, however if use IMAP, Chatter is supposed to be the best and as Woof pointed out, only $25. Not having a need for IMAP, I've never used Chatter, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to test it out based on all the feedback on these boards.
  7.    #7  
    ^yeah i dunno if/when i will need IMAP4 (knock on wood)

the most i will add is 2 accounts..(i dont think you can add hotmail eh?)...just my Rogers.com ISP email and you said gmail is possible right?

oh yeah now that gmail gets spammed...i wont get those messages to my phone will i?
    i have nine account that i check. it is good to have your own domain (ok, i have more than one).

nah, you cant check hotmail directly, but there are services that will check hotmail and then let you download the mail from them via pop/imap. i think.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^yeah i dunno if/when i will need IMAP4 (knock on wood)

the most i will add is 2 accounts..(i dont think you can add hotmail eh?)...just my Rogers.com ISP email and you said gmail is possible right?

oh yeah now that gmail gets spammed...i wont get those messages to my phone will i?
    SM has IMAP support, just not true "push" support like Chatter. People use Treohelper to trigger an SMS alert so that SM intercepts the incoming e-mail. Never really could get it to work myself, but do a search....plenty of people here have gotten it to work. Also SM said they intend to have push mail; just don't hold your breath. Could be a while.
  10.    #10  
    just outta curiosity..which do you think is better. 1.8 or 2? as we all know that newer isn't necessairly better

oh yeah...i have butler installed as well...however say I get an sms..dont check my phone (the led turns oranage) when snappermail checks for mail every half an hour..it reverts the led back to normal green flash. anyway to stop the led from reverting back until I clear all my notifications...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I would go for 2.0....not sure you can get the older versions at this point. Not sure about Butler since I don't own it.