Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I second the Resco Viewer, tho. When purchased with Resco Explorer (ESSENTIAL) it's like $6 off....$32 together.

JPEGView is too buggy for my liking.
    i have pxa clocker..and it is significantly faster!
    so use it

but it still is slow when u select a pic and wait for it to come up on the screen
    it says please wait..for like a sec or two

will a new ultra II sandisk speed this up?...can the treo utilize the faster card at all?
  3. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Try disabling DBCache, KeyCaps, Fonts4OS5, etc. This brought everything in the photo app back up to speed for me. Overclocking with PXA clocker even got rid of the "Please wait" message when switching through photos.
    u guys r silly. just use splash photo and switch to filename only view. u find any pic in a few seconds if u remember the filename. thumbnail view is way too slow with any app.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I own Splash and Resco and think the latter, bundled with explorer, is a great essential bundle. I am not impressed with Splash and think it's rather basic, especially the Zoom. The Resco Viewer is quite powerful and features a better interface.

The Camera application crawls at an unacceptable speed. This also has to do with the fact that Palm didn't feel the need to have it store and delete thumbnails from pictures you take with the camera. Not good...
    whats db cache
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    u guys r silly. just use splash photo and switch to filename only view. u find any pic in a few seconds if u remember the filename. thumbnail view is way too slow with any app.
    Are you kidding?? Have you used RescoView?? It's so incredibly fast, it blows my freaking mind! Takes like 0.2 seconds to load any pic, regardless of if it was a VGA pic taken with the Treo or a few megapixels from a dedicated camera. Try RescoView.
    Separating the photo's into smaller albums will help speed up the camera and viewer programs. I especially hate how the camera lags when saving the photo (like 9 seconds). If you select a small or new album for the camera application, the photos will save much faster after taking the picture (only 2 secs instead of 9).

I also have the Resco Viewer. It really flies and has great features for photo viewing. Unfortuately there is no alternative application for handling the Camcorder videos. I take about as many videos as pictures and hate watching that the thumnails draw as I scroll through the albums. It's helpful to see this thread, as I thought it was my cheap 1GB card that was causing the problem.

Regards,
    Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    Unfortuately there is no alternative application for handling the Camcorder videos. I take about as many videos as pictures and hate watching that the thumnails draw as I scroll through the albums.
    Hint...hint to any developers out there...maybe Resco, even!!
    Wow Resco is just so much faster, I'll never use the built in app to view pictures again. My Pics+Videos app thumbnails did speed up significantly with PXA clocker but full picture to next full picture would take 3-4 seconds. Now Resco does it instantly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12