Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Certainly not before PalmOne starts shipping which they haven't yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Clorto
    Any bets on when they will start to ship? I'm guessing first part of March. I don't know why, that's just what the tea leaves said this morning.
  2.    #162  
    Now that Palm One has started shipping their Unlocked 650's are we far behind ?? Anyone want to start a pool as to when the first Vienna Channels GSM 650 will ship ?

Old news here: http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    Spoke with Nostradamus last night and he gave me his word that the Treo 650 GSM would start shipping during the month of March
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Now that Palm One has started shipping their Unlocked 650's are we far behind ?? Anyone want to start a pool as to when the first Vienna Channels GSM 650 will ship ?

Old news here: http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents

I'll take March 2 as the date of first shipment.
  5.    #165  
    You didn't specify what year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Clorto
    I'll take March 2 as the date of first shipment.
    Has anyone been pinging Jeff at Vienna Channels for an estimated date? I don't want to be the 100th person to ask but I think it is reasonable to ask for a date rather than just the statement that we will have to wait until pent up demand is satisfied.
    This is what I received from Jeff yesterday. Bummer

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing really has changed since the last e-mail I wrote you. I really
    don't know the answer as no inventory allotments and dates have been
    communicated yet from palmOne to us. Without that information I really can
    not add any additional information. I suspect and am guessing that
    shipments for the program will go out in March and April. I have no idea as
    to whether orders could delay further than that. I certainly hope not.

Jeff
  8.    #168  
    March/April ... that sucks bigtime. He probably has no idea that P1 is shipping. Maybe we'll get surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous

Jeff
    Actually, I think he does. However, P1 has probably kept him and many other small time distributors in the dark about order fulfillment, etc.

Such terrible logistics P1 has. Are you listening P1??

March/April ... that sucks bigtime. He probably has no idea that P1 is shipping. Maybe we'll get surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous

Jeff
    March April - after a November road show! - totally unacceptable. I cannot undertsand where P1 gets the gall to ship Cingular first. I could understand sharing shipments, but making us wait after we invested our time? I think it is about time we started bombarding P1 executives with unhappy emails asking for a quick resolution, and probably some extra compensation (e.g. 1GB SD card? ). Anyone in the forum have email addresses for PI execs?

Charge!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    March April - after a November road show! - totally unacceptable. I cannot undertsand where P1 gets the gall to ship Cingular first. I could understand sharing shipments, but making us wait after we invested our time? I think it is about time we started bombarding P1 executives with unhappy emails asking for a quick resolution, and probably some extra compensation (e.g. 1GB SD card? ). Anyone in the forum have email addresses for PI execs?

Charge!!!!
    Thinking about it, I notice that P1 is shipping unlocked units - so why not to/thru VC!!! This really p----sses me off About time P1 hears about it
    Giving Cingular a headstart is fine with me - palmOne can't undercut their carriers in terms of drawing in new accounts. But palmOne shipping unlocked, unsubsidized units and making roadshow attendees wait is not smart business. The people that went to these roadshows are (ostensibly) the people that will advocate and support use of the device in their organizations. They're not going to be effective or motivated to do that if everyone around them is getting the device before them and asking questions they can't answer.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ...this morning. I had a bad feeling that I would not see the VC shipment until April or beyond (or worse) -- and after having the read that post which apparently quotes from Jeff @ VC that he's thinking March/April, I decided I had better get it from P1 while the $599 price could still be had. The guy taking my order said that it would ship next week, even after I asked him about all the other orders apparently backordered. At any rate, I feel fairly confident it will at least ship within 2 weeks, which is more than I can say for the hopelessly open-ended dates for VC shipments. (Really, I don't blame VC *at all*, but rather PalmOne.)

I didn't cancel the VC order, though, as I hope to sell the VC 650 on eBays and effectively still get a nice discount.
    Well, I was hoping that PalmONE would have understood that while the initial phase of the ViennaChannels was a travesty (Sprint orders), there is always an opportunity to leave everyone with a good taste in their mouth. Follow through is always a way to rectify things, despite any earlier mis-steps.

How can online orders take precedence to Vienna fulfillment?????? I just don't get it. If I were the marketing guy on this, I'd walk down to the person who owns inventory -- OR, if it were nearby, go down to the dock -- and grab 500 boxes and ship them to Vienna. Sometimes you have to buck the system to treat your customers right. CUSTOMER SERVICE comes first!!!!

Or, at least with PalmONE at this point, maybe not... Just more sour tastes...
  15.    #175  
    PALM 1 just started shipping unlocked GSM TODAY. Geez, gotta give 'em a few days before we say they aren't ALSO shipping to VC. While I doubt they are ya gotta give them some chance. Obviously they're selling a lot of them without needing our advocacy (is that a word?).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    Giving Cingular a headstart is fine with me - palmOne can't undercut their carriers in terms of drawing in new accounts. But palmOne shipping unlocked, unsubsidized units and making roadshow attendees wait is not smart business. The people that went to these roadshows are (ostensibly) the people that will advocate and support use of the device in their organizations. They're not going to be effective or motivated to do that if everyone around them is getting the device before them and asking questions they can't answer.
  16.    #176  
    Huh ? Simply because the online orders are paying full price and we're paying half-price. Sounds like a good business decision to me (as much as I'd prefer they shipped us first). But since shipping only started TODAY maybe we'll start being surprised sooner rather then later. Give 'em a few days before we pass judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by criminal
    How can online orders take precedence to Vienna fulfillment?????? I just don't get it.
    PALM 1 just started shipping unlocked GSM TODAY. Geez, gotta give 'em a few days before we say they aren't ALSO shipping to VC. While I doubt they are ya gotta give them some chance. Obviously they're selling a lot of them without needing our advocacy (is that a word?).
    True, we shouldn't jump the gun with outcries. But the palmOne store in the area has a stack of unlocked GSM phones (albiet for full price), several people I support (officially or unofficially) in this area have a device already and are asking me questions I can't answer, and Vienna Channels is estimating March or April before they ship. All of this convinces me that the roadshows weren't really worth the trouble. I could have made contacts with the partners there through other channels, and saving a few $$$ in exchange for several additional weeks delay wasn't what I was looking for.
  18.    #178  
    You still have the option to buy one at retail and suppport your clients (and even return it within 30 days if VC shows up). The guy at the roadshow did say that he wasn't a store and pretty much said he wasn't on top of the list for product. You can always sell the VC one when it eventually shows up and probably just about cover the cost of the retail model. Or just get one cheaper then a P1 store from Cing/ATT. I'm sure you know all that. That being said, if March/April is true, that is pretty lousy since they are currently available. But if I was P1, I'd ship to the full paying customers too. All the anger will be forgotten soon after it arrives, whenever that may be. It's already subsiding since deliveries from P1 have started.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    True, we shouldn't jump the gun with outcries. But the palmOne store in the area has a stack of unlocked GSM phones (albiet for full price), several people I support (officially or unofficially) in this area have a device already and are asking me questions I can't answer, and Vienna Channels is estimating March or April before they ship. All of this convinces me that the roadshows weren't really worth the trouble. I could have made contacts with the partners there through other channels, and saving a few $$$ in exchange for several additional weeks delay wasn't what I was looking for.
    I want to buy a Vienna Channels unlocked and unbranded phone. I want two of them --allow me to clarify -- the locked Cingular version and unlkd/unbrd. MisterED, if that is your plan, let's work out something mid March like the 15th -- after pay day.
    You still have the option to buy one at retail and suppport your clients (and even return it within 30 days if VC shows up). The guy at the roadshow did say that he wasn't a store and pretty much said he wasn't on top of the list for product. You can always sell the VC one when it eventually shows up and probably just about cover the cost of the retail model. Or just get one cheaper then a P1 store from Cing/ATT. I'm sure you know all that. That being said, if March/April is true, that is pretty lousy since they are currently available. But if I was P1, I'd ship to the full paying customers too. All the anger will be forgotten soon after it arrives, whenever that may be. It's already subsiding since deliveries from P1 have started.
    So, with news of Mar/Apr still swirling in my brain, I picked up the phone, called the nearest Cing COS (corporate owned store), and behold! They had 4 shipped in just yesterday. I paid my $$ premium, continued my soul on lease to Cing, and came home a bit happier.

My plan: VC has 30 days. Get an unlocked T650 in my hands by then and I can cancel the new Cing plan. Wait beyond 30 days and let the hacking begin (custom ROM, etc)
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast