Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Strange. I feel somewhat lucky that I ordered an unlocked GSM T650 from Viennachannels for $349 given that the unlocked price is now up to $699! Yikes!

Alas, I'll probably start b!tching again next month when I still haven't received the unit.

Umph!
    Bump... let's not let this thread vanish into obscurity. Stupid question here--has anyone heard anything encouraging at all?

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Bump... let's not let this thread vanish into obscurity. Stupid question here--has anyone heard anything encouraging at all?

Todd/Indy
    Yes, lets not let this thread vanish... and yes, stupid question...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    has anyone heard anything encouraging at all?

My sister got her Sprint 650 from Vienna a few days ago - 3 months after general release......

that puts us around May for the GSM Ver
    The people around me using Sprint 650's are just killing me--like rubbing salt into a wound

Todd/Indy
    instead of salt, they could be using something more caustic...well another week and it will be
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Well, I pretty much gave up on VC and ordered an unlocked T650. I guess I'll have to ebay the VC 650 in the summer when it arrives. I've never Ebayed anything. What stops someone from getting the 650 I send them and then claiming I didn't put the 650 in the box?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  8.    #148  
    LOL, Summer Basically nothing you can do ...... I've sold hundreds of things on eBay, many for well over $1000 and never had that problem (mostly expensive camera equipment). However MAKE SURE you send fully insured and NOT by the USPS. Use UPS or FEDEX. If that does happen the chances are pretty good they will reimburse you. Just make sure you don't fall for the cell phone scams. I just sold my Nokia 6620 and immediately got 3 scam emails. All virtually identical. Here is what they look like (the scam "key" is the "extra $90" or "Western Union"):

Q: Hello seller, i am interested in the immediate purchase of this 2 item and will be making payment right away,i shall also be paying you for the item through western union (bidPay).i will like to ask if you would be able to ship as soon as your funds is confirmed and approved by western union auction payments,this is due to the fact that its demand is high in my store,and so i will want to complete the transaction in a very timely manner way.if you can do this, email me with your name, contact address and your phone number so that i can proceed with payment right away.let me quickly say that i will be handling shipping with my FEDEX/DHL account as i will be sending this unit to africa.i will note get back to me with the quantity of the item u have and the price.okay Await your Reply. Thanks""

A: Another one! You guys are like vultures. Sorry, I do not deal with scammers. You, like your previous scammer buddy will be reported to eBay immediately. Get a life!

Q: Hey, I will like to make some enquries about this item...cus i have been looking for this kinda item that will be packed..and will be exactly composed like this.....I want to buy it ..and will like to pay you in cash via Money Order...But i will like you to ship this item as soon as you have recieve a confirmation e-mail from Western Union that the money order has been confirmed... I WILL PAY YOU AN EXTRA $90...to end this auction early for me....cus i need it very urgent..b,cos i have sent the info,s of this item to my customers...and i have had enough of good offers from them..so i wont like miss the offers from them nor will i like to loose any of my customer...So send me your address for the payment...and the total amount excluding shipping amount.."""

A: ROTFLMAO. Sorry, I don't sell to scammers. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Well, I pretty much gave up on VC and ordered an unlocked T650. I guess I'll have to ebay the VC 650 in the summer when it arrives. I've never Ebayed anything. What stops someone from getting the 650 I send them and then claiming I didn't put the 650 in the box?
  9.    #149  
    Don't be silly, don't cancel ... get it and sell it for $700.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    Grrr... I am getting impatient. I might just cancel my order and get the iMate PDA2k from expansys even though it's like $300 more...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    All virtually identical. Here is what they look like (the scam "key" is the "extra $90" or "Western Union"):

Q: Hello seller, i am interested in the immediate purchase of this 2 item and will be making payment right away,i shall also be paying you for the item through western union (bidPay).
    Forgive me being naive, but is there something wrong with Western Union? I have only bought off Ebay, so I have no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Q: Hey, I will like to make some enquries about this item...cus i have been looking for this kinda item that will be packed..and will be exactly composed like this.....I want to buy it ..and will like to pay you in cash via Money Order...But i will like you to ship this item as soon as you have recieve a confirmation e-mail from Western Union that the money order has been confirmed... I WILL PAY YOU AN EXTRA $90...to end this auction early for me....cus i need it very urgent..b,cos i have sent the info,s of this item to my customers...and i have had enough of good offers from them..so i wont like miss the offers from them nor will i like to loose any of my customer...So send me your address for the payment...and the total amount excluding shipping amount.."""
    Again, can you explain the scam please?

But on a VC note, Jeff emailed me this morning after 3 weeks of waiting for a reply. I thought I had cancelled the credit card I used to hold my T650 order, which it turns out I did. So when I emailed him the new info, I asked if they were going to start shipping soon. No reply yet, LOL!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  11.    #151  
    It's nt WU specifically but those particular emails are a known SCAM on eBay and have been ongoing for years. Kinda like the Nigerian scam, or like the guy selling 650's on eBay and you have to send him the money by WU. They want you to end the auction early and say they will pay you $90 extras to do it. Then they send you a fake confirmation of the payment ...... not exactly sure how it goes, but it's definately 100% a scam. I notified eBay and both the user accounts from those emails were removed within an hour.
    Just Google ebay western union scam

http://forums.thelaw.com/archive/index.php/t-2796.html

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.js...20031031235959

Forgive me being naive, but is there something wrong with Western Union? I have only bought off Ebay, so I have no experience.

Again, can you explain the scam please?

But on a VC note, Jeff emailed me this morning after 3 weeks of waiting for a reply. I thought I had cancelled the credit card I used to hold my T650 order, which it turns out I did. So when I emailed him the new info, I asked if they were going to start shipping soon. No reply yet, LOL!
    I had my order changed from "Demo" to "Buy" because I thought that it may take longer for the demo units, i.e. they ship last. Jeff has really been responsive! Here is the response from him. Nothing new, though... but I think he is as frustrated as us.

Email From Jeff:
    Your order is now set to a buy. No word yet from palmOne as to when the
    devices will arrive to us, but please know we will ship as fast as possible
    once they arrive in sufficient quanity to meet your order.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Forgive me being naive, but is there something wrong with Western Union?
    WU is not the problem, it is how people use it.

If I understand correctly:
    WU is essentially the same as a money order. Money orders act like checks, not cash or a credit card. "I'll pay $90 extra...." an incentive to ship quickly, but if you get the Money Order, cash it then ship, the Money Order can bounce just like a check. You are now out the amount of the money order as well as the item. Good luck in this case as there is pretty much nothing anyone can do to help you - you got stuck with a bad check.

Money Orders need to be cashed and allowed to clear prior to shipping the item.
    First time, long time.

Been lurking here for several months, number 95x from the 2nd NYC roadshow. Can't take it anymore, I called my Cingular store today. They are expecting a shipment tomorrow, I'll be calling them first thing in the morning to find out when I can come and get one. I've been w/out a palm for 6 months and it is driving me crazy, it's amazing I survived w/out it this long.

I just switched to Cingular from ATT a couple of weeks ago to lock in the Mediaworks $19.99 plan, I'm hoping I can keep the plan and get the phone at the new subscriber price. I'll let you all know what happens.

Thanks again fore all the great advice and support.

Mark
  15.    #155  
    Did you "migrate" or were you out of contract with ATT? I tried that and the 2 stores I went to said "no" since I was still under contract with ATT so I wasn't entitled to new sub prices so I ended up staying with ATT and getting the 650 from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdicus
    I just switched to Cingular from ATT a couple of weeks ago to lock in the Mediaworks $19.99 plan, I'm hoping I can keep the plan and get the phone at the new subscriber price. I'll let you all know what happens.Mark
    I migrated, my contract wasn't up until later this year. If I can't get the good price, I might do it anyway, I've become desperate in the last week w/ no hope of getting my unit in the forseeable future. We'll see what happens.
    I've done it. I basically was able to return my old phone and get a new phone as a new subscriber. I was able to keep $19.99 Media Works and got the phone for $449. I can do a mail in rebate w/ another data plan, but I think I'm set.

Still working out all the kinks and stuff, so this should be a fun couple of days.
    What's taking em so long for gsm phone to come in....

Cingular has already started shipping..... so shouldn't we. ?n??
    Jesus.. in the time since I ordered I sold my Treo 600 to make money so I can buy the 650, to using an old SE T68m, to buying a Treo 600 on ebay for $100 less then I sold mine for, to questioning if the GSM Treo 650 will ever show up!!!!

And I am not blaming VC, I blame PalmOne... the Treo is like crack, I don't have the money for it, I don't need it, But I want it and I cannot get it!!!!!
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu
    What's taking em so long for gsm phone to come in....

Cingular has already started shipping..... so shouldn't we. ?n??

Any bets on when they will start to ship? I'm guessing first part of March. I don't know why, that's just what the tea leaves said this morning.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast