Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 639
  1. #81  
    VC is gonna get the gsm 650 at the same time cingular does, feb3. Also the cingular 650 will most likely be unlocked much like the cingular 600 is.
  2. #82  
    ST1R is this your guess, or you get confirmation from other source? thanks
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1R
    VC is gonna get the gsm 650 at the same time cingular does, feb3. Also the cingular 650 will most likely be unlocked much like the cingular 600 is.
    and you Know this How!!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I Sent Joe Fabris from Palmone emails Both thursday & Friday Last week asking if He could tell me when the VC GSM's would start shipping He still hasnt answered..
    I also wrote Joe and Jeff, Jeff responded, Joe did not. Jeff's answer was pretty much the same as everyone else has received, waiting for Cingular.
  5. #85  
    I've been told this by a cingular rep who claimed to be the VP of marketing for cingular. He showed me his cingular 650 back in the second week of january. So I assume he was telling the truth about his identity.
  6.    #86  
    Then it's gotta be da trooff! If that is the case, then the ones that come from VC are just going to be unlocked Cingular models and not the ones P1 is eventually going to sell or how would he know? P1 is the SUPPLIER to CingATT so it should have nothing to do with him. It should go from P1-->VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1R
    I've been told this by a cingular rep who claimed to be the VP of marketing for cingular. He showed me his cingular 650 back in the second week of january. So I assume he was telling the truth about his identity.
  7. #87  
    Actually MisterEd, not that I agree with ST1R's logic, but I do recall the list of choices from the viennachannels website and I believe Cingular did preceed the GSM 650 option in the description. Still, VC did state that the 650's would be unlocked. As someone who has nothing at this moment, I sure hope something breaks this week for the non-business account types.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Then it's gotta be da trooff! If that is the case, then the ones that come from VC are just going to be unlocked Cingular models and not the ones P1 is eventually going to sell or how would he know? P1 is the SUPPLIER to CingATT so it should have nothing to do with him. It should go from P1-->VC.
    Yes that is what the mail says, Receiving from PalmOne, this is totally outside Cingular.

    MacUser: Respectfully, from all the phones I ordered from VC, no carriers name was mentioned with GSM phones.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    MacUser: Respectfully, from all the phones I ordered from VC, no carriers name was mentioned with GSM phones.
    I guess I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that when I clicked on the bar listing the types of phones available from VC, I took pause because there was no "unlocked" GSM 650 listed, but a Cingular or maybe a Cingular AT&T 650. I recall stopping to think because I use T-Mobile and didn't even consider changing carriers at the time. My rationale had been to get the Cingular 650 since VC affirmed it would be unlocked and pop in my TMBO sim card. I delayed ordering to verify that the 650 would be unlocked so I wouldn't "screw" myself by ordering a Cingular phone if I couldn't use it.

    Again, I could be wrong since it was quite a while ago.
  10.    #90  
    I'm 99% sure the description was just about as follows: Treo 650 GSM, unlocked (works on any GSM network, ie. Cingular, AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile).

    I don't believe is stated a "Cingular unlocked GSM 650"

    Frankly that's what I think we're going to get anyway, and not the model P1 is or will be selling in their stores or online. I was hoping for the P1 model .... which would probably NOT have the DUN blocked or need it hacked.

    Edit: my confirmation states: Treo 650 GSM unlocked

    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Actually MisterEd, not that I agree with ST1R's logic, but I do recall the list of choices from the viennachannels website and I believe Cingular did preceed the GSM 650 option in the description. Still, VC did state that the 650's would be unlocked. As someone who has nothing at this moment, I sure hope something breaks this week for the non-business account types.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd

    I don't believe is stated a "Cingular unlocked GSM 650"
    Well, this is the last I'll speak of it since it's really of little consequence. But I remember the choices more like:
    Cingular GSM Treo 650
    Cingular GSM Treo 600
    Sprint Treo 650
    etc.

    Again, I'm not sure why I even chimed in except that I'm tired and bitter and still not going to bed with a 650, if you catch my drift.
  12. #92  
    The main point I was trying to get across is that the cingular 650 has a good probability of being unlocked and retailing for a much lower price.
  13. #93  
    OK, now P1 is shipping unlocked Treo650 GSM, what is VC's excuse now?
    Treoing & Loving it
  14. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    OK, now P1 is shipping unlocked Treo650 GSM, what is VC's excuse now?
    P1 is not shipping it yet... the status reads 1-2 weeks for inventory. VC will probably get their inventory around the time P1 starts actually shipping.
  15.    #95  
    The excuse doesn't belong to VC, it belongs to Palm who has to ship them product. Their only excuse can be "we don't have any yet."
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    OK, now P1 is shipping unlocked Treo650 GSM, what is VC's excuse now?
  16. #96  
    #14XX D.C. Roadshow.

    I'll probably get mine in May :-(
  17. #97  
    I emailed (through my firm) some folks at PalmOne for the last couple of days and blasted them for not advising Road Show "customers" nor Vienna Channels as to the availability of the GSM T650. There are bases for my frustration:

    1) Road Show attendees were actually the first consumers to order the GSM unit - and this was several months ago.

    2) Road Show attendees, because they are valued by P1 and P1 vendors as a central part of P1's enterprise market, should have certainly been given some guidance from P1 or Viennachannels or both as to when they can expect the GSM T650.

    3) Furthermore, while the coupon incentive is nice, I (like many many others) took off for a day to attend the Roadshow. Lost work hours and monies are unquestionably not offset by the coupon incentive. That said, I would have forgone the special price in favor of being an exclusive class to have the handset first. For wasn't this one of the purposes of the Roadshow - to present the Treo 650 to exclusive class (eg power users, network/IT admins, etc.)?

    <rant>
    I'm disturbed at how P1 has handled the situation. While the T650 may be a great product, its ancestry still lies with HandSpring and P1, ingeniously, continues to reap the benefits of the rainmaker created by HandSpring. I give P1 credit for their work on the T650 - with several caveats though. They have really botched the rollout of this product...and I fear it is a sign of what's to come in their future.

    </rant>
  18. #98  
    Got my Sprint 650 on the way! Should be here Friday... I can't wait. Order number 124#
  19. #99  
    Adding my two cents..

    Still waiting patiently for my unlocked GSM Treo 650. Ordered T650 after the San Francisco road show.

    I expect my T650 to be completely unlocked (DUN ENABLED, etc. ) based on an email from Jeff on 11/7/2004 "update that your Treo 650 GSM unlocked model order (works on any GSM network, ie. Cingular, AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile) is received and in our system" .
  20. #100  
    If this has been covered, I apologize.

    I realize now why people are confused regarding the 650 Cingular unlock via dialing the special Cingular number.

    Cingular ships the phone locked, as in, you can't use it period. So that if it is stolen in shipment, it can't be used. You must dial CIngulars number and enter some information, and the UNLOCK it so that use the phone.

    As to whether the Cingular 650 is CARRIER locked, I still don't know the answer. I know Palm One's is carrier unlocked.
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions