Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
    It finally arrived... I'm probably the last person to get one because I had to dig deep to find this thread :-) hahaha

DC Road Show #14XX
    firmware: 01.15
    Software: 1.06
    hardware: A
    Finally recieved my unlocked unit. Arrived Friday 3/25/05, Order #92x, FW: 01.15, SW: 1.06-ROW, HW Rev: A.

So far so good. Did a clean install of everything to avoid any possible issues. Only loaded the apps I really need and one game (for now). I've had 3 or 4 random resets and I noticed a freezing issue that seems to occur only when Bluetooth is enabled (looking further into the cause). Other than that, she's a beautiful lil bugger.
    Mine came at my work today! No case of the Monday's here! hehe But I cannot wait to go home and sync it up!!!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    ...No case of the Monday's here!...
    LOL I'll bet ur as giddy as a school-girl
    Out of curiosity -- are there people still waiting? I have a demo order for unlocked GSM (13xx) and am wondering how many others are still in the queue.
    I'm really pissed off... the top left of my keyboard is not lighting up!!!!! Do I talk to palmone or V|C about this? Using my Treo 600 now is really depessing...

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Sounds like a bad LED under there. I had a bad radio in one of the two GSM 650's I got from VC and tried to resolve the issue with p1 (I really tired very hard to not bother Jeff). They issued a SRO number but couldn't replace it because I didn't buy it direct from pa1mone store (?!). I finally contacted Jeff at VC via the form on www.viennachannels.com and explained everything and he offered an exchange (he seems to have a way to work with p1 on this). I have to ship mine back first and I'm not sure if Jeff has inventory or when I'll get another one, but I'm not too worried about speed by this point. Jeff was responsive and pleasant in our communication (written only).

Todd/Indy
    14xx I am still waiting for my unlocked GSM
    7xx, waiting for my demo unlocked GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Sounds like a bad LED under there. I had a bad radio in one of the two GSM 650's I got from VC and tried to resolve the issue with p1 (I really tired very hard to not bother Jeff). They issued a SRO number but couldn't replace it because I didn't buy it direct from pa1mone store (?!). I finally contacted Jeff at VC via the form on www.viennachannels.com and explained everything and he offered an exchange (he seems to have a way to work with p1 on this). I have to ship mine back first and I'm not sure if Jeff has inventory or when I'll get another one, but I'm not too worried about speed by this point. Jeff was responsive and pleasant in our communication (written only).

Todd/Indy
    Well I emailed PalmOne and should hear from them in 12 hours (i'll be shocked if i do) because when you are hearing impaired the last thing you want todo is talk to someone in India about my Treo that does not work (no offence to anyone from india, i have the some problem with ppl from South Boston). How does PalmOne do replacements? Do I have to send them mine first? Or can they send me a new one and i'll send back the broken one?

If they do say they won't fix it then i'll talk to Jeff.

Guess I cannot change my signature just yet...

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    pa1mOne just would not help me... I'm very glad Jeff could, or I'd have a very expensive paperweight right now.

Todd/Indy
    So I don't have to dig through 600 posts... what in the world is Vienna Channels?

Searched google, and all I got was links to this discussion. went to vienna channels.com and all I got was HTML coding.
    Vienna Channels handled the order fulfillment of devices for pa1mOne roadshow attendees who placed demo or purchase orders. That particular program is now closed.

Todd/Indy
    so i received mine a few days ago. does this mean if i have an issue with the unit in the next year, i should contact vc? or p1?
    I don't quite know. I hadn't registered mine yet (done during software install) but p1 didn't give me any indication that would have made any difference.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by r0guenj
    so i received mine a few days ago. does this mean if i have an issue with the unit in the next year, i should contact vc? or p1?
    my guess:
    your carrier, if sprint/cingular (yes even unlocked/unbranded).
    unlocked/unbranded on t-mo, call palm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm starting to sound like a little b1tch whinning... but I pulled out my Treo and started playing with it even though the keyboard is not 100%. So I follow the rules and install the software only to find out that I cannot hotsync my Treo! I push the button and the hotsync comes up on the screen but nothing ever happens on the computer side. So thank god I bought a Bluetooth adaptor last week. I can sync via bluetooth but it's painfully slow (b1tch b1tch b1tch)... All I want is a working Treo! Is this too much to ask?

and why can i not just send a file to the Treo via bluetooth like I was able to do with my SET68i????????
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    14xx I am still waiting for my unlocked GSM
    Am I the only one still waiting? Please someone tell me I'm not! If anyone else is still waiting, could you tell me if you have gotten any feedback from Jeff?

#14xx and STILL waiting (GSM unlocked)!!
    Looks like VC has dropped of the face of the earth... what happened to orders 14xx and above?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen

Todd/Indy

Hi there. I also have problem with my Vienna road show phone (GSM unlocked). Basically everything works except the phone-speakerphone, the other end would not hear me if I don't use the headset. I called Palm1 tech support, they referred me to the Palm Online Store number (8008817256), they would not help me because it was "not an online order", and gave me a "different customer service number" (8474937256), which led to a dead number.

I am writing to Jeff now and see what I need to do to replace the phone.

For the trouble I went through I should have just ordered it from Sprint.