Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Get the GSA and sell the VC unlocked on eBay for $700 easy.
    Hmm, not a bad idea. Though, I think I'll just get a cheap cingular phone so i can get Media Works.

btw, i don't work for the commander-in-chief, and state and locals get General Services Administration pricing, too.
  2.    #42  
    My wife works for the local gov't and we're on an AT&T State FAN account but we get ZERO off PDA's. We get 25% off regular phones and 10% off the bill but nothing off PDA's or Smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal
    Hmm, not a bad idea. Though, I think I'll just get a cheap cingular phone so i can get Media Works.

btw, i don't work for the commander-in-chief, and state and locals get General Services Administration pricing, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    My wife works for the local gov't and we're on an AT&T State FAN account but we get ZERO off PDA's. We get 25% off regular phones and 10% off the bill but nothing off PDA's or Smartphones.
    I was told by one of the Fed. Acct. Execs about a month ago that Cingular's policy is going to be 2% off the bill and equipment at GSA pricing.
    NYC order #97x. I just read that the ATT 650s being delivered are locked. Our phones will be unlocked, right?????
    Boston order 7XX.

It better be unlocked, cuz I'm on T-mobile! I keep thinking I should switch to Cingular for EDGE though...
    The phones ordered through the Roadshow were specifically supposed to be UNLOCKED. In fact, here is an excerpt from my confirmation email:

" update that your Treo 650 GSM unlocked model order is received and in our system. This device will be operable on all GSM networks in the United States (ie T-Mobile, AT&T Wireless and Cingular)."

BTW:

Boston Order # 7xx
    so, has anyone received an unsolicited email from vc with an update?

re: gsa, how does one take advantage of that? not that i work for the governemnt. or any govenment.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #48  
    Their website (unfortunately) clearly shows that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so, has anyone received an unsolicited email from vc with an update?
    27x
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Treo
    DC Roadshow - 11xx
    Me too
    i'm 270 from the long beach roadshow... can't wait!
    7xx from Boston.

Just realized on the VC status page that for the Sprint orders:

"200 devices being received by January 28 with all purchase orders
    expected to ship by February 3. Demo orders will begin shipping immediately
    thereafter. It will be tight to fulfill all demo orders, however our estimate
    is that we will come very close."

I was wondering how they were going to handle the demo units -- whether they'd be in the same order of order numbers, or whether they would be taken care of after the people who agreed to buy them. Sounds like the latter.

Anybody else out there order a demo unit? Thoughts?
    my order no is 12xx. DC road show.
    I have been crying for quite sometime
    My sister, not a member of this forum, went to the NYC roadshow per my recommendation, is order 103x for a GSM unlocked. She works near the Hilton so it was most convenient for her to go. She's not very techy oriented and probably will not activate it and ask me to sell it for her.
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 3:13 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Order Number 43X

No eta information or quantities have been communicted to us yet by
    palmOne. As a result I have to guess as to when product may ship into us so
    we may in turn fill orders. I do believe that if Cingular's launch goes
    smoothly, we should begin seeing some orders fulfilled in February. While I
    am very hopeful that all can be handled in February, I honestly can not
    commit. Please know we are working as closely with palmOne to expedite GSM
    delivery and we will update information as we know it at
    www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents .

Jeff
  16.    #56  
    Put it on eBay, you'd probably get $700 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    My sister, not a member of this forum, went to the NYC roadshow per my recommendation, is order 103x for a GSM unlocked. She works near the Hilton so it was most convenient for her to go. She's not very techy oriented and probably will not activate it and ask me to sell it for her.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh well, pretty much when I was starting to expect it...nearly spring! I think I'll just sell mine when it gets here. I'm losing interest...at the same time I'm seriously gaining interest in the WM smartphones. I'll pocket the $$ from selling this and use it for something else.
  18.    #58  
    $45 Data plan is required for this rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lanlogic
    Hi Folks : Anyway, if anyone wants a Treo650 on Cingular, and can wait until February 15th for a ship date ... Cingular will be offering an additional $50 instant rebate, over and above the $499 or $449 prices (1 or 2 year service contracts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comadog
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 3:13 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Order Number 43X

No eta information or quantities have been communicted to us yet by
    palmOne. As a result I have to guess as to when product may ship into us so
    we may in turn fill orders. I do believe that if Cingular's launch goes
    smoothly, we should begin seeing some orders fulfilled in February. While I
    am very hopeful that all can be handled in February, I honestly can not
    commit. Please know we are working as closely with palmOne to expedite GSM
    delivery and we will update information as we know it at
    www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents .

Jeff
    Shweet! A T650 GSM and it's ready to go! Oh, wait, that's just some junk mail. Nevermind.
    137X from DC show. Looks like I have one of higher number and will be waiting awhile longer. After waiting this long, what is another month?? We can hope that they will get all of them at one time, but that is just wishful thinking. Mybe we will hear something new in a week or so.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast