Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132 LastLast
    Just curious - what Feb 28 deadline are you referring to? I think we're all disappointed, in fact there are 27 pages of posts voicing disatisfaction and speculation on why the situation is as it is. We will be getting our devices soon...It'd be interesting to find out how many people opted for the Cingular 650 and how many unlocked units have actually shipped.

Shy
    ------
    #12xx
    still waiting :-)
  2.    #542  
    I agree with you 100%. Admittedly I was one of those "techies". If anyone claims they were putting off buying 1 to 10000 phones for their company based SOLEY on getting one of these half-price deals they are either not telling the truth or not doing their job properly. Considering GSM 650's have been available since Feb 1 from Cingular or ATT with a 30 day trial period or from Sprint since last November, had it been so urgent they could have made their decision based on one of those 30 day trials. Aside from that, the unlocked models have only been available for a couple weeks and could have been purchased from P1 direct with the same 30 day trial. VC started shipping them to us much sooner then they did the Sprint models from last year.

I highly doubt you'll see another Palm "event" like this again. They are definately regretting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    My guess as to what happened: PalmOne came to the conclusion at the end of the Road Shows that most of the attendees were only techies that were interested in finding out information about the T650 for themselves and getting a good price on a new phone. They did not get a large number of requests for trail phones, with most people just buying one phone. Since this is not what they were looking for and are not making much money for their effort, they are writing the whole process off as a failure. Therefore, they have no desire to quickly sell us phones for $349.00 when they can sell them to others for $699.00. Remember, they are a company out to make money.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    maybe, but explain....

we are a 50 person company, that will be at 100 by this time next year. We have alliances with Fortune 100 companies to provide critical data to anyone, anywhere based on roles and responsibilities. I put one of the Roadshow partners on with our CIO for 60 minutes to pitch their app, and it looks like we will pilot it. P1 committed additional demo devise to folks who took this approach and I can barely get an answer back.
    Don't we all wish they did the show at the actual time of product launch - we could have just bought a device at the show :-). Probably would have made life easier for everyone. These things happen.

Shy
    -------
    waiting....
    We received our Treo 650 last night. We are a division (~100 staff) within a larger organization. I found the Treo roadshow to be very helpful in getting information on push e-mail options. We are currently waiting to test the Good technology on several different headset models once we clear up a few cybersecurity issues. We were not able to do the test within the 30 day window needed to get four headsets to test for free. The reduced price helped reduce our costs for attending the show, so I'm grateful to PalmOne for doing it. This will now let us test Good on three 650 headsets and four 600 models.
    Just got an email for an unlocked GSM unit. Was in DC order number 113x! Yea baby!.
  7. GXT
    I just received the following from Jeff. Thanks Jeff. Not your fault that it is this late. I feel for you. (DC 1100+)

On behalf of palmOne, we thank you for your Treo order.

Your UPS tracking number is and we anticipate arrival of your order at your office on or before March 23, 2005. We hope you and your business benefit from this great Treo product from palmOne.

Best regards,
    Jeff Marinangel
    Vienna Channels - Evalexpress
    palmOne Demo Services Team
    817-308-8188
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I was at the 2nd NYC roadshow (order number 92x) and I got the email about my credit card info needing to be updated. The minute I received it I went and re-entered my info. That was over a week ago. I'm completely disgusted with this whole Palm/VC Mickey Mouse operation (no disrespect to Mickey/Disney).

I am with you man. And my order number is at the 97X. I gave them 3 different cc info already. Even my visa card said there is nothing wrong with the charge. It's just sit at the pending status forever.

I don't know when will I ever going to see my order.

Should have brought it from Palm1 when it was $600. Sigh.
    It sounds like no other DC participants have heard anything, anyone?

---
    Shy
    12xx
    Mine is here, order #65x Chicago unlocked GSP
    Quote Originally Posted by shy dawg
    It sounds like no other DC participants have heard anything, anyone?

---
    Shy
    12xx

#14xx in DC. Haven't yet heard a peep from Jeff. Hopefully soon?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcitrin
    #14xx in DC. Haven't yet heard a peep from Jeff. Hopefully soon?!?
    Same here. #13XX in DC.
    It would be nice if they updated the web site or something so we would know what is going on.

Waiting.....Waiting.......Waiting......Waiting.....
    Mine is on its way YEAH OK> (lil John)
    oh BTW i was at the DC road show. Just got my tracking info. Says it will be here on the 22 of March. My CC was charged looks like last night. Order no 12xx

Yeah Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    oh BTW i was at the DC road show. Just got my tracking info. Says it will be here on the 22 of March. My CC was charged looks like last night. Order no 12xx

Yeah Baby
    Glad you are getting yours and glad they are getting closer to my number. However, no CC charge or email as of yet for me.

Waiting..... Waiting......Waiting.....
    Mine is on the UPS Truck and will be delivered this afternoon. Helped that it was shipped from Colleyville, TX to Plano, TX!

DC Roadshow Number 113x.

Update. The little brown van just dropped it off at my house. Sweet!
    Last edited by curlykraut; 03/18/2005 at 01:39 PM.
    Man...Now I'm getting excited...I'm 124x...Maybe today will be my lucky day :-).

------
    Shy
    GSM unlocked order 13XX, just got my tracking info.

Yippee!
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman
    GSM unlocked order 13XX, just got my tracking info.

Yippee!
    All right!! Maybe mine will ship soon too #14XX.
    14** here! I just go my email!!! Best friday ever????
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about