Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1.    #501  
    Thanks! I like this one much better then the ATT version. Seems faster (maybe due to the upgraded firmware). Did a full restore from the ATT backup to the unlocked model with no issues (so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Congrats, Ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    mine is 12xx
    Have you actually received the phone (the GSM unlocked version)?

I'm 11XX (via the Washington DC roadshow) and I haven't seen anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    mine is 12xx
    Smileyboy,
    Does that mean you have received 12xx or your order is 12xx and you are still waiting??? If you have received, can you confirm that it is an unlocked GSM version?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Have you actually received the phone (the GSM unlocked version)?

I'm 11XX (via the Washington DC roadshow) and I haven't seen anything yet.
    tcc,

I was at the DC roadshow too, so the suspense is killing me. this week, or next
    I was at the DC roadshow too. I wish I got it already. That was the order no I was emailed from VC way back when i ordered the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Thanks! I like this one much better then the ATT version. Seems faster (maybe due to the upgraded firmware). Did a full restore from the ATT backup to the unlocked model with no issues (so far).
    Mister Ed,

congrats on getting your unlocked unit. Couple of questions for you:
    • What are the firmware #'s on the old & new unit
    • When you say the new one is faster, is this on data connection, or processing speed (i.e. less delay on dialing than early models had)

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have been waiting so long, just like the rest of you that I went ahead and bought the phone from Cingular. I hope this one gets here soon, but I will be happy either way now. My order number is just under 1100 and I was at the Chicago Roadshow. Next time, I won't bother with the Roadshows or with Vienna Channels...
  8.    #508  
    ATT Locked Model (Got it on 2/1, sold it last week):
    firmware: 01.04
    software: Treo650-1.02-CNG
    Hardware: A

PalmOne Unlocked GSM (received yesterday 3/12):
    firmware: 01.15
    software: Treo650-1.06-ROW
    Hardware: A

Data seems much faster (although that probably has nothing to do with the phone) on the new one. Earpiece loudness on the new one is 1/2 what it was on the ATT 650. That really annoys me.

I never had any dialing delays that I noticed on the ATT model. Haven't made many calls on this one yet. What kijd of dialing delays are you referring to? I thought that was only an issue with the Sprint version.

Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    Mister Ed,

congrats on getting your unlocked unit. Couple of questions for you:
    • What are the firmware #'s on the old & new unit
    • When you say the new one is faster, is this on data connection, or processing speed (i.e. less delay on dialing than early models had)
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    tcc,

I was at the DC roadshow too, so the suspense is killing me. this week, or next
    or next week or next next week or next next next week????

Good googly moogly! I'm moving in Three week and I was hoping i was going to have the Treo b4 then. Now I'll have to change the billing and shipping addresses with V|C... d'oh!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    For those anxiously waiting the VC order...

I was considering selling it at current ebay prices...($700+), but after using it this weekend, I think its a keeper. Compared to the T600, the 650 is quite a bit quicker, has a beautiful display, and seems really well thought out.

Down sides? Id say the bluetooth chip is very weak. I have a nokia 6620, and the bluetooth transfer rates are 10X the speed (what is up with that?). Also the headset integration is much better on the nokia. My bluetrek g2 works fine with the 650 however -- a little static sometimes, but very usable. Bluetooth pairing is a bit...touchy. Kind of a science if you will. But it works.

OH, and as far as the "memory problem" goes. So far, no complaints. With a 256mb card and a slew of programs and average size address book, I still have 10M free on the built in chip. (137 free on the SD card).
    Same experience here re: 650 vs. 6620 BT.

Todd/Indy
    Sigh...after Waiting 4 months for my unlocked GSM 650.
    firmware 01.15
    software 1.06-row
    hardware A

issues: nothing else matters if you cant hear the phone...

Very low recieving and sending calls
    So low i can't even hear my voice mail if I check it outside
    Speaker phone echo- this has been so bad a client wanted me to call back on a land line! I can try to rationalize this all I want because of how I love the phone.
    But problems for clients is not gonna fly...

If anyone has any fix, for this I have tried the mute button, I have turned everything up as high as it would go and set the little button. I have done a soft and a system reset.

I think I have the latest firmware, so do you think I should send it back?

And how do you go about sending back a Vienna Channels phone anyway?

all constructive comments welcome...
    You're gonna get flamed for hitting multiple threads, though I agree completely...

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't think you can return your phone to Vienna Channels at all...The 650 is so nice is some ways, but it is also a huge disappointment (at least the Cingular version is). It the unlocked one isn't any better, and it doesn't seem so from the posts I'm reading, it might be best just to sell it and move on. I-Mate Jam may be for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    Sigh...after Waiting 4 months for my unlocked GSM 650.
    firmware 01.15
    software 1.06-row
    hardware A

issues: nothing else matters if you cant hear the phone...

Very low recieving and sending calls
    So low i can't even hear my voice mail if I check it outside
    Speaker phone echo- this has been so bad a client wanted me to call back on a land line! I can try to rationalize this all I want because of how I love the phone.
    But problems for clients is not gonna fly...

If anyone has any fix, for this I have tried the mute button, I have turned everything up as high as it would go and set the little button. I have done a soft and a system reset.

I think I have the latest firmware, so do you think I should send it back?

And how do you go about sending back a Vienna Channels phone anyway?

all constructive comments welcome...
    I Would contact Palmone support, by the time I swaped out my third T600 They had the process of exchanging them down to a science. I to had waited since Nov. for My T650 unlocked, Finally went to Cingular and got a locked one which works great in every respect, acctually the Phone portion seems to works better than any of the T600's I had and seems equal to my Nokia 6010 (Backup Phone) although I would Like just a Little More volume. I Recieved My T650 Unlocked from VC last Monday & According to the tracking Page I just checked the person I sold it to On Ebay ($691) should recieve it today.
    I wnat my T650
    Brown just delivered my 650. Vienna order #530.

Took forevery for Vienna to work through what they were calling "credit card declines" ?? Not sure what they were doing. My card is (and was) in good standing, got declined twice, then called Jeff and my card (exact same card) magically worked?

Jeez...only a six months wait for a new toy!
    I will post if I experience any problems.
  18.    #518  
    Did anyone get an "email invoice" from VC (as their packing list suggests you will)?
    Vienna got their first and only shipment of GSM unlocked devices on Feb 28. That has now been two weeks. Seems to me it is time for them to get in another shipment. Maybe about 419 more. I think that should cover everyone. I know it should get me mine (# 13XX).
    I got an e-mail with a and a tracking number the day it shipped.