Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    What I don't understand is how only 200 devices total (100 unlocked, 100 Cingular only) will be enough to fulfill up to order 590? I am order number 380, at least according to the email I received way back on November 4th, and yet, I am quite sure I am not at the front of the queue, as I wasn't one of the geeks who ordered AT the road show, nor was my road show the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by trellus
    What I don't understand is how only 200 devices total (100 unlocked, 100 Cingular only) will be enough to fulfill up to order 590? I am order number 380, at least according to the email I received way back on November 4th, and yet, I am quite sure I am not at the front of the queue, as I wasn't one of the geeks who ordered AT the road show, nor was my road show the first.
    The 590 number represents the total number of orders, to include purchased orders of 600's, Sprint 650's, Cingular 650's and unlocked GSM 650's. Also to inclide the demo customers. So in all likelyhood, order 590 is the 200th order for both Cingular and unlocked GSm 650's.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidr
    *************** POSSIBLE FAKE E-MAIL ********************

This e-mail is a bit weird, as it says they have 100 Cingular units, yet his email of 2/25 said they only had 50.

Also all of his previous e-mails were addressed to: Demo and sales customers, yet this e-mail was addressed to: 'Jeff Marinangel'

Also I personally use a few different e-mail accounts. And all of the previous e-mails have gone to my main work account, however this e-mail was sent to the account I have listed on treocentral.

Just thought everyone should be aware.. hope that they are shipping the GSM units now..
    davidr,

Have faith and let some time pass before passing your judgement! Be patient and be positive!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Magic Man, that is a correct description of the discrepancy in order numbers... Not sure why it is so hard to figure out for some people.

However, I think the wording of the email impies that the 100 unlocked units should cover up to 590. If any of the people in the first 590 opt for the cingular model or have canceled their orders the number 590 might extend some.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    slr001, it's "hard" to understand because I didn't know that it included all orders. I suspected that it *might* be the case, but it wasn't explicitly stated by VC, and I thought I'd ask to see if anyone actually *knew*.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    trellus, wasn't directed at *you*, the question has been asked many times... I just always thought it was a pretty obvious and simple conclusion... basic math I guess... Anyway, hope you get your soon.
    Who's gonna go for the locked cingular vs. unlocked? Yeah, right...

Todd/Indy
    Has anyone recieved the "Your credit card has been billed and your order is shipping" email yet? If so what order number are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Who's gonna go for the locked cingular vs. unlocked? Yeah, right...

Todd/Indy
    Thants not what I Signed on for...
    And I believe the email is legit becasue the same info appears on the website...

http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    Are we absolutely sure this Vienna Channels group is legit? People have actually received phones from them?

I e-mailed Jeff to verify the expiration date on my credit card. He e-mailed me back a link to a form to input corrected CC info. The problems is the dropdown box for "state" did not include an option for the District of Columbia. That's a rookie mistake. Seems kinda suspicious to me. Am I being paranoid?
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    From Jeff as a response to an email I sent to him

We have updated your order information and device should ship by end of day Friday.

Jeff
    YIPPEEE!!!!!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quick follow-up on the Nokia 6620 as temporary replacement as I'm "in-between" a 600 and a 650. I can report that Outlook synch has been flawless and I really like the contacts app. Also, I just tried MobiTV--it doesn't suck! I'm getting pretty good framerates here in central Indiana (EDGE)--now if they'd add FOX News... Nice part is, this phone is OK under MEdia Works unlimited, and my IMEI is presumably on-file as I did a contract extension, so no worries there. Oh, and I have handset insurance now. This is going to be a tough act for my 650 to follow. If the 6620 handles PDF's and Office doc's well, and does well with my Scala-500 (currently charging) I may just live happily ever after.

Todd/Indy
    BigTex,

What's your approximate order number? Cingular or unlocked?

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Todd,

Would you mind starting another thread for your Nokia discussion?? You might get a better response to it. Or maybe HOFO would be a good place for it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Well I guess I am the first to RECEIVE the Unlocked, Unbranded, GSM 650 from Vienna Channels.

Got mine about 4:30 today, it is charging right now.

I happen to live about an hour from where Vienna is located so I email Jeff to ask if I could pick it up in person as I am leaving on a business trip in the morning and wanted to have it with me. Jeff was nice enough to agree and met me at his office to give me the phone.

Have patience they are on the way.
    ^^^Man you are lucky!^^^
    slr001, did Jeff give you a car charging cable too? I think I remember some VC Sprint 650 came with car charging cable. I wonder if ours GSM one will comes with it too. Thanks!

Dlau
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Billing
    Are we absolutely sure this Vienna Channels group is legit? People have actually received phones from them?

I e-mailed Jeff to verify the expiration date on my credit card. He e-mailed me back a link to a form to input corrected CC info. The problems is the dropdown box for "state" did not include an option for the District of Columbia. That's a rookie mistake. Seems kinda suspicious to me. Am I being paranoid?
    they are legit, just sloppy.

they have shipped hundreds of cdma models.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Nope, asked about the car charger... He said they had a limited number and they were gone.