Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    I've been rockin' the 6620 in the meantime as well. Nice phone! The only thing I really miss is the QUERTY keyboard! OH and SD support. (MMC? Nokia, what are you doing?)

I will still get my VC 650.....when I get it.....whenever that may be. The 6620 is good for a small smartphone for the road, when you don't want the big ol' 650 around (and the insurance will cover the 6620, so it will be my "adventure" smartphone)
    Yep, I forgot about the insurance. I'm planning to sign up. I sure hope the 650 is as good a phone as the 6620.

Todd/Indy
  3.    #323  
    Absolutely agree 100% on the 6620. I had one for a few months before I got the 650. Fantastic phone (and sooo light to carry). If it only had a keyboard it would be (just about) the perfect phone/pda.

Oh, if your earpiece volume is low return it for another. There are a lot of bad ones out there. I had to go through 4 of them (in the store) till we found a good one. The store manager agreed 100%. If it low it's very obvious, you'll know it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    so I marched into a Cingular store and started playing with a Nokia 6620.

The only thing this phone really seems to lack is a full QWERTY keyboard and the kind of software library palm OS boasts (though there's a lot out there for Symbian OS).
    Wake up! Heads up! Looks like the long awaited VC phones are finally on its way....------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: Jeff Marinangel [mailto:jeff.marinangel@viennachannels.com]
    Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 9:50 PM
    To: 'Jeff Marinangel'
    Subject: Treo 650 update (March1)

PalmOne Treo Mobile Road Show Attendees

March 1, 2005 update

Thanks for taking Part in the Treo Mobility Showcase and for signing up to “Try A Treo”.

New sign-ups are closed, but we can give you status of where you are in the queue.

<<<DELETED --- INFO NOT RELEVANT TO THIS THREAD>>>

GSM unlocked: 100 devices received 2/28. Those 100 will be shipped out week of February 28 with purchase orders projected to be fulfilled up through order number 590. Balance of orders will ship once additional inventory arrives from palmOne (still to be determined). Credit cards will be authorized and billed prior to order shipment release.
    Hmnn.... hope this is true...

Though the website is not updated yet....

What the heck, I have 2 Cingular unlocked units in my hands anyways LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IamFromFuture
    Wake up! Heads up! Looks like the long awaited VC phones are finally on its way....------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1, 2005 update

Thanks for taking Part in the Treo Mobility Showcase and for signing up to “Try A Treo”.

New sign-ups are closed, but we can give you status of where you are in the queue.

GSM unlocked: 100 devices received 2/28. Those 100 will be shipped out week of February 28 with purchase orders projected to be fulfilled up through order number 590. Balance of orders will ship once additional inventory arrives from palmOne (still to be determined). Credit cards will be authorized and billed prior to order shipment release.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    #558 GSM NEW TREO 650 Wahooo! first good news....but i'll belive it when it gets here.
    *************** POSSIBLE FAKE E-MAIL ********************

This e-mail is a bit weird, as it says they have 100 Cingular units, yet his email of 2/25 said they only had 50.

Also all of his previous e-mails were addressed to: Demo and sales customers, yet this e-mail was addressed to: 'Jeff Marinangel'

Also I personally use a few different e-mail accounts. And all of the previous e-mails have gone to my main work account, however this e-mail was sent to the account I have listed on treocentral.

Just thought everyone should be aware.. hope that they are shipping the GSM units now..

March 1, 2005 update

You're on to something.... on the email IamFromFuture posted -- the SENT date is 2/28, but the email is dated 3/1....

Quote Originally Posted by davidr
    *************** POSSIBLE FAKE E-MAIL ********************

This e-mail is a bit weird, as it says they have 100 Cingular units, yet his email of 2/25 said they only had 50.

Also all of his previous e-mails were addressed to: Demo and sales customers, yet this e-mail was addressed to: 'Jeff Marinangel'

Also I personally use a few different e-mail accounts. And all of the previous e-mails have gone to my main work account, however this e-mail was sent to the account I have listed on treocentral.

Just thought everyone should be aware.. hope that they are shipping the GSM units now..
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    I hope I get mine this week! I'm crossing my fingers!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I got the same email... It isn't faked...

The "email" is not dated 3/1 the "announcment" is dated March 1 2005, the email is dated 2/28 because that is the day it was sent out. The announcment was obviously sent out earlier than expected.

#386 here... maybe I will get it soon...
    Hmnn... never got the email, but I'll keep the positive vibe going *crossing my fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by slr001

The "email" is not dated 3/1 the "announcment" is dated March 1 2005, the email is dated 2/28 because that is the day it was sent out. The announcment was obviously sent out earlier than expected.

michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    That would be just too cruel.... to get our hopes up...why would someone fake it?

Whats the payoff?
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I got this one too:

March 1, 2005 update

Treo 600

* Verizon: All Satisfied
    * T-Mobile: All Satisfied
    * Cingular/AWS: All Satisfied
    * Sprint: All Satisfied

Treo 650

* Sprint: Satisfied all orders with the exception of those still requiring credit card authorization.

* Cingular only GSM: 100 devices received 2/25. Customers who can use the Cingular only Treo 650 model may contact us at jeff.marinangel@viennachannels.com for delivery. Please identify your order number and willingness to take the Cingular only 650 version. Please note that this device is not operable with ATT Wireless SIM card or activation.

* GSM unlocked: 100 devices received 2/28. Those 100 will be shipped out week of February 28 with purchase orders projected to be fulfilled up through order number 590. Balance of orders will ship once additional inventory arrives from palmOne (still to be determined). Credit cards will be authorized and billed prior to order shipment release.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I DID GET THE EMAIL at 9:15pm this evening....

cool
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001

I did not say anything about the e-mail date, however it was not addressed the same way his past e-mails were. In addition I received it at an e-mail account that I never gave to vienna channels... that was the weirdest part.. it was sent to the e-mail on my treocentral account.

All my other e-mails from him went to my work account.

But we will see.

(And the number of Cingular units was 50 in the e-mail sent from him to the correct account. The number in this e-mail was 100)
    I got it too (order 6XX). It's looking pretty legit to me. Before the subject of my Nokia 6620 gets too stale, see my new thread about "ideal screen resolution".

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    All my correspondence with VC has been to that email address. I believe this is legit!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!

March 1, 2005 update

Wonderful And I'm Order #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Wonderful And I'm Order #592
    It could be worse. You could be 591.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I'm in the mid-900s. Crap.