Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    BTW:

Pasadena, California has 1 more in stock as of 2/24/2005.

Store Info:

Cingular Wireless Company Store

260 E Colorado

Ste 219

Pasadena, CA 91101, USA

(626) 564-9047
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard2
    Europe gets the treo before the Vienna channels GSMs for the road show...

,,,that is just not right.....
    Hell at this rate We wont Be able to get more than $400 for them on Ebay By the time we get the VC 650's

lol
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't even think I want these people to get My little $350 at all. this is seriously annoying. In the meantime, I am really enjoying this 6315 iPAQ...it is actually a really good phone and great as a PDA. I am really losing interest in PalmOne...
  4.    #304  
    Please cancel! That makes it that much quicker that I'll get mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I don't even think I want these people to get My little $350 at all. this is seriously annoying. In the meantime, I am really enjoying this 6315 iPAQ...it is actually a really good phone and great as a PDA. I am really losing interest in PalmOne...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Dude, it is either cancel or take it and probably sell it to make a buck to someone who really wants an unlocked one. I wonder if someone would buy it up front now to be guaranteed one as soon as they do ship...ah! Whatever!
  6.    #306  
    Nahhh, just cancel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Dude, it is either cancel or take it and probably sell it to make a buck to someone who really wants an unlocked one. I wonder if someone would buy it up front now to be guaranteed one as soon as they do ship...ah! Whatever!
    Got this email from Jeff today.

We will be getting inventory in over the next 30 days. My expectation is we will be able to ship your device some time in March or early April. *I am sorry I do not have a more definitive answer as the delivery schedule from palmOne has still not been made available to us. I do think the vast majority of orders however will be fulfilled in March.

Jeff
    Vienna Channels has the Treo 650 GSMs... Cingular only though..

Dear GSM Treo Roadshow attendee

We've started to get our first GSM Treos, however the first shipment we received of 50 are specific to Cingular only (will not work with AT&T Wireless SIM card either). Since at the time of the roadshow we could not ask if your carrier was Cingular, we need to know if that will work for you.

Please reply to us with one of the following responses.

Yes, please send me the Cingular specific Treo 650.
    No, I must have an unlocked model and will wait until they arrive.

We hope to get the unlocked GSM phones shortly, but do not have a specific date yet that we can commit they will be available. For those of you wishing to wait for the GSM unlocked version, your order will remain in the queue and you will maintain your position for fulfillment based on purchase orders first-in, first-out.

palmOne Demo Services team
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I got the same email...

Does me no good at all. So I guess it is one more lie??

We were told that we couldn't get the unlocked phone promised until the Cingular backlog was fulfilled. BUT NOW we are told that we can have locked Cingular phones?? Why is that? What about the Cingular backlog?

Where are the unlocked phones? Still not manufactured i'll bet.

We are now falling behind the European distribution in the manufacturing run.

I'll take the damn thing when it gets here, but these guys have absolutely alienated a lot of high profile customers. I have influenced about 10 purchases of the 600, and am going to un-influence about twice that many 650's
  10.    #310  
    Who did these emails come from? Can you post the "from" address. I'm not getting them and am concerned I am not on their list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Who did these emails come from? Can you post the "from" address. I'm not getting them and am concerned I am not on their list.

maybe they only sent it to the first 50?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah I did not receive this email either. I didn't want the Cingular one anyways. I hope the people in front of my order take these Cingular phones so I can get my unlocked one faster. People take these 50 Cingular phones.
    And now are we going to be told that we have to wait becaise P1 has to supply Orange and TIM?
    palmOne's new Treo 650 smartphone is giving European mobile professionals what they need to stay connected and in touch. The award-winning smartphone has launched in Europe with two initial mobile operators:

palmOne and Orange, one of the world's largest mobile communications companies, announced the launch of the new Treo 650 smartphone in the UK, France and Switzerland; and

palmOne and TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile), the leading mobile operator in the Italian market, announced an agreement for distributing the Treo 650 smartphone in Italy.

The Treo 650, which will be available in the above countries in early March, simplifies people's lives by combining a compact, full-featured quad-band mobile phone with email, a Palm OS organizer, messaging, and web access, and a digital camera.
    I am at a point now that if I have to wait any longer I might as well stick with my 600 and get the new T-Mobile XDA when it comes later this year. Although it will be a significant reinvestment in softare (I have to reinvest in hardware anyway) at least it will be an investment in something that will be available in the future. I am beginning to lose faith in P1 being around for the long term, if this is their idea of marketing
    Any one want to take bets on whether VC can get us our phones before Verizon starting selling theirs?
    just got back from the PETE & C conference at Hershey PA and Palm One had a booth there. I asked the women there if she knew when Verizon would be bringing out the 650 and she told me possibly by June.
    How about emailing Jeff that if we choose the locked Cingular Units, will he provide the subsidy code to unlock them?

Quote Originally Posted by davidr
    Vienna Channels has the Treo 650 GSMs... Cingular only though..

Dear GSM Treo Roadshow attendee

We've started to get our first GSM Treos, however the first shipment we received of 50 are specific to Cingular only (will not work with AT&T Wireless SIM card either). Since at the time of the roadshow we could not ask if your carrier was Cingular, we need to know if that will work for you.

Please reply to us with one of the following responses.

Yes, please send me the Cingular specific Treo 650.
    No, I must have an unlocked model and will wait until they arrive.

We hope to get the unlocked GSM phones shortly, but do not have a specific date yet that we can commit they will be available. For those of you wishing to wait for the GSM unlocked version, your order will remain in the queue and you will maintain your position for fulfillment based on purchase orders first-in, first-out.

palmOne Demo Services team
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    And now are we going to be told that we have to wait becaise P1 has to supply Orange and TIM?

I am at a point now that if I have to wait any longer I might as well stick with my 600 and get the new T-Mobile XDA when it comes later this year. Although it will be a significant reinvestment in softare (I have to reinvest in hardware anyway) at least it will be an investment in something that will be available in the future. I am beginning to lose faith in P1 being around for the long term, if this is their idea of marketing
    Will you be paying $350 for your XDA as well? Unlocked GSM Treo is available today, just not at $350. If you are not willing to wait for the "half price" sale, just pay retail and get it over with.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    P1 marketing should be able to offer these 50 units unlocked... But that would make to much sense. They certainly have the power to do that.

But...

They would actually have to sit down and think about all of us out here that have been waiting. And actually pro-actively think to do something to help provide what we were actually promised. Instead they probably have some odd lot that they pawned off on Joe and he is now pawning off on Vienna...

Just give us our damn unlocked, unbranded 650's already.
    Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb. . . . Mar. What's another month or so matter at this point?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Clorto
    Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb. . . . Mar. What's another month or so matter at this point?

I said that in December
    Not to hijack this thread, but we've discussed a lot of things while waiting this out. I thought I'd relate my recent experience this wait has led to.

I've had my 600 sold for quite some time; the buyer even sent a deposit. I've been paranoid about using it since I advertised it as "mint" (it's only been in service about 10 weeks). So I started looking for a replacement phone to eventually use as a backup when my VC 650 arrives. I ordered a 5410 from Nokia USA (the ruggedized one) and it arrived with a bad (very buzzy) earpiece speaker, so I sent it back (take heart, p1 isn't the only one with QC issues). I was fed up and wanted to finish the sale of the 600 (should be done tomorrow; it's safely put away still in "mint" conditioin) so I marched into a Cingular store and started playing with a Nokia 6620. Hmmm, nice screen, nice form factor, OK with MEdia Works... What's this? Full HTML web browser (Opera). BT DUN? Only $200 after $50 mail-in rebate? Wow... I took one home (2yr contract extension--I don't care my whole family's on Cingular and we are quite happy with them).

Now, I've only been playing with the 6620 for a couple of days, but I have to tell you all it's been quite a shock to me what this little phone can do. First, it's an EXCELLENT telephone. Great RF, loud earpiece and speakerphone, voice command and dialing built-in, bluetooth, EDGE (only class 2 118kbps), and a terrific still and video camera. Opera has proven to be a very good browser so far. It has RealPlayer built in and can read MS office docs and PDF's (yes! without conversion). The Symbian OS is pretty neat because it really multitasks. I was surfing and got a phone call--when the call ended I was right where I left off--neat!

There are a lot of questions to explore to determine if the 6620 really "makes the grade". I need to check out Outlook synch (via Nokia PC suite, which is free). Reports are that it's rock-solid. I really liked it with a 6230 I was using for awhile. I haven't fiddled with the e-mail client yet. If that doesn't work out, there are others (but I really want to put the provided apps to the test). I haven't tried my Scala-500 with it yet. There's a neat server-based map nav program that works via BT GPS I want to take for a spin. It has internal MMC storage (32MB card provided) This phone's so broad and deep, it'll probably take until pa1mOne does ship to VC to learn it all. The only thing this phone really seems to lack is a full QWERTY keyboard and the kind of software library palm OS boasts (though there's a lot out there for Symbian OS).

Bottom line is pa1mOne better be looking over their shoulder at devices like this. I've loved their and HS's products for a long time and have a lot invested in them both personally and financially. However, their leadership gap may be all but gone. C'mon pa1mOne, time to truly innovate at a competitive price! I'm pulling for you, too...

EDIT: Oh, and work on delivery timeframes as well

Todd/Indy
    Last edited by tbhausen; 02/27/2005 at 10:06 PM.