Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Right now you CANNOT get an UNLOCKED/UNBRANDED GSM model anywhere other then from Palm1 for less then $700 or for up to $900 from 3rd party resellers. Yes, you can get one locked to a Cingular for under $400 and also be locked to a TWO YEAR service contract from them as well. So there is a slight difference in "value". Many people already have contracts and their only option is to buy either at full retail from Cing (around $550) or wait for the $350 deal from VC which is a much better deal considering it's unlocked & unbranded. It would be to your advantage to take the $350 deal then when you get the unlocked model you could easily sell it for $600+ on eBay. So why aren't you considering that rather then waiting ? In the end you'd have an almost free 650 when you sell the VC model (but with a 2 year contract of course). I believe lot of people have done that rather then wait. I'd never give a carrier 2 years so I'm waiting (although I do currently have a ATT 650 to keep me going until it comes in which I will sell when the get the VC one).
    it is OK for some that can afford to buy the P1 unlocked GSM, and then sell the VC unit on eBay to recoup costs. But it still requires an investment of almost $1000, even though some should come back. Unless, of course, you get rippped off, in which case you end up with one expensive phone. So I just have to be frustrated and annoyed, try to be patient, and just wait for my VC unit
    Some people just got their Sprint phones last week.
    Yeah, but there's a huge fire under P1's as$ to get these out asap. So, I do think they will come fairly soon - start shipping in maybe 2 weeks are so. But I wouldn't let them rest on their laurels.
  3.    #283  
    Agreed ... especially since I have to send my ATT model back this week (the 30 days are up). Thing is it has been absolutely problem free.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Yeah, but there's a huge fire under P1's as$ to get these out asap. So, I do think they will come fairly soon - start shipping in maybe 2 weeks are so. But I wouldn't let them rest on their laurels.
    Any one know as to when we shipping begins ?

My board members at my org..... are fed up lol

Blah !
    As promised, here is the reply that I received from Joe Fabris

On February 10th or so you should have received a note from Vienna with the status of GSM products stating that once the Cingular channels were filled we should be getting GSM units for our program. I'm copying Vienna to make sure they have your email on the list.

It has been very hard getting products for our program when the demand is so high. I'm trying as hard as I can to get the GSM units into Vienna's hands so they can be shipped. I'm bummed that it's taken so long and causing you grief.
    Nope, never recieved anything of the sort. Very pissed. It's already going to be the 24th of Feb!
  7.    #287  
    Never received anything either.

Hopefully we're getting PALM1 unlocked/unbranded models not just Cincular UNLOCKED models.

Hopefully we're getting PALM1 unlocked/unbranded models not just Cincular UNLOCKED models.
    I'm not going to care which one i got, with a DUN patch they will be pretty much identical... Though I would perfer the Generic GSM over a Cingular branded phone.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have never received this e-mail.....

I am almost 100% sure that you will get an unlocked one.
    here is the latest message I got from jeff on Feb 20

Here is a message I just got from Jeff.

Still no official word from palmOne on a delivery schedule into us. My best guess is that your order will be fulfilled some time in March. Sorry I do not have better time definition for you, but I think March is likely going to be the month we can start shipping GSm devices.

Jeff

?
    Jeff,

If you get a chance, there is an article about executive coaching and our ad in Fast Company this month

Also, now that Cingular has them, and Palm One has been shipping the 650ís...surely palm one can spare 519 GSM phones to
    Vienna Channels. Whatís you best guess as to when our GSM 650s ordered
    Will be here?

Thanks for your valuable time,

Respectfully,
  12. GXT
    Same here.
    I am going to guess that we should have them by March 23rd...
    Based on how the PCS release went...
    There's another thread that is discussing the state of Cingular inventory (i.e. they're so short on units that they pulled the Treo 650 off their website). Unfortunately, it seems likely that we'd have to wait at least until that situation is cleared up before PalmOne would release a bunch of evaluation units.
  15.    #295  
    Were Cingular models a Roadshow option? I just got this from Joe Fabris:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:50 PM
    To: Ed
    Subject: Re: Road Show GSM Treo-650's

I hear you. We are closer to getting our GSM units. We got some Cingular ones this week that Vienna will begin to distribute and we are still waiting for unlocked GSM.

We've pretty much filled our obligation to the carriers and now it should be easier for me to get the phones I bought for the roadshow.

Hang in there,

Joe

-----Original Message-----

Subj: Road Show GSM Treo-650's
    Date: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:32 am
    Size: 408 bytes
    To: "Joe.Fabris@palmone.com" <Joe.Fabris@palmone.com>

I'm not going to go into my disappointment on how this program has rolled
    out, it's quite obvious. What is more annoying is there has been no updates
    from VC although it's quite obvious the GSM models (all versions) have been
    shipping.

The VC website was last updated on February 3rd.
    http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents

Will we be getting these devices soon?

Thanks,
    Ed
    We've pretty much filled our obligation to the carriers and now it should be easier for me to get the phones I bought for the roadshow.
    hmm "phones i bought"? told you he had to buy them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This stinks. I just send jeff a email
    Sorry guys, but I bailed! I went ahead and ordered one from our AT&T corp account. It came in a cingular box with no logo on the phone itself and has an AT&T SIM. I'm still in the 30 day trial but it seems to be just fine. Since I only had to pay $399 for the phone, and the $50 discount through ViennaChannels wasn't worth it, I went ahead and had Jeff axe the order. No more waiting for me!

-rosh
    Good for you!!! I will still sit here & WAIT as I grow OLD!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/907059/old.gif
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    Europe gets the treo before the Vienna channels GSMs for the road show...

,,,that is just not right.....