Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    I am still waiting...
  2.    #262  
    Figured I give P1 a call and see if I could still get one at the "old" $599 price. After sitting on hold for EXACTLY 49 minutes 35 seconds<!> they (expectedly) refused. I still have my ATT 650 for another 10 days.
    Tic....Tic.....Tic....
    Still Waiting Here
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    persecution requires some type of personal connection to you.
    Main Entry: per∑se∑cute
    1 : to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

Why is any personal connection required?
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    Anybody else feel like PalmOne has just taken the fun out of this. I was really excited for this phone and now I'm just angry. I guess I still want the phone, but I am not going to feel all that good about it. I should pass on the VC phone and find something else. but I don't really want anything else either. I think this will be my last PalmOne purchase. I will wait for the other players to catch up and then gladly move on.

As I posted earlier, this will probably be my last P1 device, and I'm going to do my best to make sure all the people I know also switch. I'm sure a lot of people here are either buyers for companies or are the "tech guy/gal" to all their friends and family. I'm going to push everyone away from P1 and I encourage all of you to do the same, MS vs. Palm arguments notwithstanding. I've used several of each and neither is clearly superior (at least for me). But at least the PPC manufacturers don't treat their customers like this.

So, if you feel strongly enough, vote with your wallets. I know I (and all the people I know) will.
  6.    #266  
    If they (P1) continues to have the "coolest toy" you (and just about everyone else) will still buy it no matter what you tell them. If they get beaten out on the coolness factor that's anpther story.

Have you had experience with a discounted PPC device ordered at a 50% discount from a Microsoft Roadshow to know that "at least the PPC manufacturers don't treat their customers like this" is a fact?

Think about it. There are just 519 of us waiting for GSM units and (just a guess) maybe a couple dozen or even a couple hundred of us are b1tching and moaning. For the most part the other couple-hundred thousand retail customers out there won't be complaining about how P1 shafted them of a 1/2 price discount deal.

I'm not saying you're wrong "in theory" but in practice it don't mean sh1t. When you have something in high demand the relatively small minority of complaints won't matter. Most everyone you "tell" will shake their head in agreement with you and still run out and buy it. Just like with the Sprint people. Now that everyone has their toy not a bad word has been said about how P1/VC has treated them. Their now either happy as pigs in sh1t or complaining about some other software or hardware issue not related to their 3 month wait for their discounted model. Don't forget, we're basically waiting only 1 WEEK since the item went on sale. Some of the Sprint folks waited 2-3 MONTHS from when it was released to get theirs from VC.

Like a former president once said "I feel your pain" but you are already hedging when you said "this will probably be my last P1 device." Like everyone else, if they come out with something great, you'll still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    I'm going to push everyone away from P1 and I encourage all of you to do the same, MS vs. Palm arguments notwithstanding. I've used several of each and neither is clearly superior (at least for me). But at least the PPC manufacturers don't treat their customers like this.

So, if you feel strongly enough, vote with your wallets. I know I (and all the people I know) will.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Why is any personal connection required?
    I cannot think of one scenario where someone or group was persecuted wihout some type of personal connection - maybe as simple as I want your land, you look a certain way, etc.

I would argue that if this connection does not exist, then the persecuter has some type of menatl illness...
    All I know is I got a goverment refund waiting to be spent on a Treo 650! Please ship soon!!!!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Well, I received my gsm that I threw in the towel to order. (btw - it's great despite a couple soft resets....)

I'd agree with the general thread that they can get away with this given the strength of the product -- but that doesn't mean that this isn't incredibly bad business none-the-less. Don't they want to displace Blackberry in the enterprise? Behavior like this affects their reputation beyond the few hundred directly affected. Now, of course, they've also got a stability issue. But, this will get addressed through time, a more resilient OS, as well as people seeing this more as a PC than a consumer device (this isn't acceptible, of course, but will happen -- only problem is the BB is incredibly stable. I think I've only reset my wife's once in 1.5 years).

What's incredibly stupid is how unnecessary this thread is... P1 has been favoring multiples of the 500 waiting here. Compare that to Apple's approach where they repeatedly hype how hot they are by putting out press releases highlighting 1-2 month waits for ipods.

All so unnecessary, stupid and short-sighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    If they (P1) continues to have the "coolest toy" you (and just about everyone else) will still buy it no matter what you tell them. If they get beaten out on the coolness factor that's anpther story.

Have you had experience with a discounted PPC device ordered at a 50% discount from a Microsoft Roadshow to know that "at least the PPC manufacturers don't treat their customers like this" is a fact?

Think about it. There are just 519 of us waiting for GSM units and (just a guess) maybe a couple dozen or even a couple hundred of us are b1tching and moaning. For the most part the other couple-hundred thousand retail customers out there won't be complaining about how P1 shafted them of a 1/2 price discount deal.

I'm not saying you're wrong "in theory" but in practice it don't mean sh1t. When you have something in high demand the relatively small minority of complaints won't matter. Most everyone you "tell" will shake their head in agreement with you and still run out and buy it. Just like with the Sprint people. Now that everyone has their toy not a bad word has been said about how P1/VC has treated them. Their now either happy as pigs in sh1t or complaining about some other software or hardware issue not related to their 3 month wait for their discounted model. Don't forget, we're basically waiting only 1 WEEK since the item went on sale. Some of the Sprint folks waited 2-3 MONTHS from when it was released to get theirs from VC.

Like a former president once said "I feel your pain" but you are already hedging when you said "this will probably be my last P1 device." Like everyone else, if they come out with something great, you'll still buy it.
    But your argument is akin to what people say around election time: "I'm just one person; what difference can I make?" So you can roll over and take it, or you can at least try to make a difference. And, in the end, I don't really care that much about whether OTHER people buy P1 crap. It's about MY personal decisions as a consumer. P1 may end up thriving, but it won't be because of my dollars. My ultimate goal is not to destroy them, but to satisfy myself.

My stance is that, I'll buy whatever is the best balance between $ and coolness. There's no way I'd buy the Treo for $700. But I'd buy it for $350. And I'd buy a PPC phone with nice subsidies from Amazon, like the Audiovox PPC phone they have for $0 after rebate (yes, this is not the same as a Treo, but it is an alternative.
  11.    #271  
    I wasn't questioning your personal goal. And you are 100% correct to vote with your wallet. I'm questioning your means of getting to that goal. Everyone uses the "I'm going to tell everyone I know" routine as a threat of sorts and generally the "everyone I know" REALLY doesn't care even though they will agree with you to your face, especially when "they" hear the actual details of what ones complaint is. Like .... "YOU should never buy from XXXX again because they are screwing ME around taking their time (been a whole week so far) sending ME my $700 item they are giving ME for $350." If someone told me that I'd laugh, especially if I had to pay the $700 myself.

Like little old Auntie Maude who tells all her neighbors at the sewing circle to never shop at XXXX supermarket because they wouldn't take back her 16 month old used pair of underwear. All the neighbors tell her how right she is and that they'll never shop there again either ....... The next day they are all back at XXXX for the 49c 2-Liter bottle of Coke special ....... Including Auntie Maude herself.

But your argument is akin to what people say around election time: "I'm just one person; what difference can I make?" So you can roll over and take it, or you can at least try to make a difference. And, in the end, I don't really care that much about whether OTHER people buy P1 crap. It's about MY personal decisions as a consumer. P1 may end up thriving, but it won't be because of my dollars. My ultimate goal is not to destroy them, but to satisfy myself.

My stance is that, I'll buy whatever is the best balance between $ and coolness. There's no way I'd buy the Treo for $700. But I'd buy it for $350. And I'd buy a PPC phone with nice subsidies from Amazon, like the Audiovox PPC phone they have for $0 after rebate (yes, this is not the same as a Treo, but it is an alternative.
    I wasn't questioning your personal goal. And you are 100% correct to vote with your wallet. I'm questioning your means of getting to that goal. Everyone uses the "I'm going to tell everyone I know" routine as a threat of sorts and generally the "everyone I know" REALLY doesn't care even though they will agree with you to your face, especially when "they" hear the actual details of what ones complaint is. Like .... "YOU should never buy from XXXX again because they are screwing ME around taking their time (been a whole week so far) sending ME my $700 item they are giving ME for $350." If someone told me that I'd laugh, especially if I had to pay the $700 myself.

Like little old Auntie Maude who tells all her neighbors at the sewing circle to never shop at XXXX supermarket because they wouldn't take back her 16 month old used pair of underwear. All the neighbors tell her how right she is and that they'll never shop there again either ....... The next day they are all back at XXXX for the 49c 2-Liter bottle of Coke special ....... Including Auntie Maude herself.
    And I guess that's why you're not in my circle of friends. Maybe you hang out with people who don't listen to what you have to say. In that case, I suggest you find new friends or at least gain credibility with the ones you have, so they value your opinion. I'm not sure why you're going to lengths to compare me to your Aunt and her underwear, but I'm not a part of your family.

You seem to have made it a personal mission to go after me on my POV, but I think you should let it go. Spend your money how you want and think what you want. Don't worry, I won't try to convince YOU of what YOU should buy.

Let it go.
  13.    #273  
    With the exception of the part where I AGREED with you, I never meant to refer to you at all. Everything was "generic." You (actual you) shouldn't take it personally unless it applies. If you thought I meant it that way, I do apologize. It was purely my opinion which I can have (right or wrong) just as you have (right or wrong). That's why these places are called "DISCUSSION BOARDS." If one doesn't want other opinions one shouldn't post theirs.

And yes, if your "circle of friends" is required to listen to and agree with everything you say, that is one circle I wouldn't wish to be in. I like to have ALL the relevant facts surrounding the issue. When one has allegedly been "wronged" there is ususaly two sides to the story. Sometimes omitting these facts tends to change a story even if it comes from someone I highly regard because they tend to get emotional since they had been (allegedly) wronged. People need to have an open mind and hear all the facts.

I guess I should add a disclaimer stating "All names are purely ficticious and if there is an Auntie Maude out there please don't take it personally." It OBVIOULSY was meant as an just an example. If you have an Auntie Maude please send her my sincere apologies as I've never looked at her underwear.

Back to the topic of Palm One & VC, it's STILL ONLY been one week. Some people just got their Sprint phones last week.

And I guess that's why you're not in my circle of friends. Maybe you hang out with people who don't listen to what you have to say. In that case, I suggest you find new friends or at least gain credibility with the ones you have, so they value your opinion. I'm not sure why you're going to lengths to compare me to your Aunt and her underwear, but I'm not a part of your family.

You seem to have made it a personal mission to go after me on my POV, but I think you should let it go. Spend your money how you want and think what you want. Don't worry, I won't try to convince YOU of what YOU should buy.

Let it go.
  14. RH1
    Hi All,

I'm patiently waiting for my GSM Treo and last night I had my first encounter with a 650! I went to the sprint store and got to play with the nonworking model. It looks very cool! I was worried that it would be too big (and I even bought a small Nokia to use when I didn't want a big phone), but the Treo is so small, I don't think I'll need it.

Now, I can't wait!!!
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    i have been waiting patiently for my gsm 650 since the afternoon of the nyc roadshow. honestly i'm not that happy about the wait. co-workers keep mocking me about my new treo that i hyped up many months ago and still don't have. and the thing is the 50% discount isn't really even that great. i mean you can get one for $349 from a dozen different places if you open a new account or even sign up for a contract extension. i hate that the people who do a significant amount of advertising and positive word of mouth are getting the shaft here. would it really have been that difficult to get 500 of these things out to us at or near the launch? it just doesn't make sense that you want to **** off the most loyal and supportive fans you have.
  16.    #276  
    Right now you CANNOT get an UNLOCKED/UNBRANDED GSM model anywhere other then from Palm1 for less then $700 or for up to $900 from 3rd party resellers. Yes, you can get one locked to a Cingular for under $400 and also be locked to a TWO YEAR service contract from them as well. So there is a slight difference in "value". Many people already have contracts and their only option is to buy either at full retail from Cing (around $550) or wait for the $350 deal from VC which is a much better deal considering it's unlocked & unbranded. It would be to your advantage to take the $350 deal then when you get the unlocked model you could easily sell it for $600+ on eBay. So why aren't you considering that rather then waiting ? In the end you'd have an almost free 650 when you sell the VC model (but with a 2 year contract of course). I believe lot of people have done that rather then wait. I'd never give a carrier 2 years so I'm waiting (although I do currently have a ATT 650 to keep me going until it comes in which I will sell when the get the VC one).
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue
    and the thing is the 50% discount isn't really even that great. i mean you can get one for $349 from a dozen different places if you open a new account or even sign up for a contract extension
    Hey Guys lighten up....Your taking out your frustration on each other cause you dont have your phone .

Here is a message I just got from Jeff.

Still no official word from palmOne on a delivery schedule into us. My best guess is that your order will be fulfilled some time in March. Sorry I do not have better time definition for you, but I think March is likely going to be the month we can start shipping GSm devices.

Jeff

?
    Jeff,

If you get a chance, there is an article about executive coaching and our ad in Fast Company this month

Also, now that Cingular has them, and Palm One has been shipping the 650ís...surely palm one can spare 519 GSM phones to
    Vienna Channels. Whatís you best guess as to when our GSM 650s ordered
    Will be here?

Thanks for your valuable time,

Respectfully,
    Back to the topic of Palm One & VC, it's STILL ONLY been one week. Some people just got their Sprint phones last week.
    One Week! It feels like it's been a year!! oh wait it was a year ago I was waiting for T-Mobile to release the Treo 600 :P

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I wonder how the people who bought "rights" to buy from VC are feeling now...
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Recieved this from Joe Yesterday

Barney --

The latest word I got from our shipping is next week. But please don't
    hold me to it, as it's slipped on me a couple times. I'm really happy
    the Treo is selling so well, but it's killing me that I can't get you
    your units sooner.

Thanks for your patience,

Joe