Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 639
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I am not affiliated with P1 in any way, if that's what you are asking. I went to the Dallas show and ordered my Sprint Treo 650. I received my Sprint Treo 650 about 6-8 weeks after it became available. No complaints from me.

    The purpose of these roadshows was to introduce Treo 650 and its partners to corporate IT folks, and that's why I went there. Sure, a discounted Treo 650 was nice, but that's not why I went there. I went to the show on company time and got reimbursed for my expenses because it was business-related. By the way, I learned a lot about Treo 650 and its wireless app partners. The discounted Treo 650 was just icing on the cake. The information I gained at the roadshow was more valuable than a $200 discount on a phone.
    It's less about the discount and more about fulfilling orders of people palmOne is supposed to be trying to win over to help bring their solution into their respective organizations. They would have been much better off not offering any Treo sales, or offering them at full price, if that's the problem.
  2. #222  
    F*ck PalmOne. What a bunch of @ssclowns.
    Just SHIP us our ORDERS. How hard is that??

    I spent last night fixing the well-known buzzing problem in my Treo 600 by wrapping a wire in friggin' aluminum foil. How ghetto is that?

    Prior to that, I had to perform surgery on my 3rd or 4th Treo 270 by replacing the battery myself (yes, I know it was Handspring, but it's the same OEMs and the same company).

    Now, I'm waiting on my damn VC 650. Who knows what I'll have to do to keep that one working (if it even comes)? Perform a voodoo ceremony?

    The only reason I keep buying their sh!tty products is because no one else makes anything quite like it. And it's not even as though they're making us wait for a good product... you KNOW the 650 is going to have problems just like every other Treo.

    But with the HP phones coming out, and the Moto mpx units, Benq p50, I think I'll jump ship after this generation. I encourage every other frustrated customer to do the same. Palm used to be great, but now, who cares? Good riddance.
  3. #223  
    Maybe next week or something (Tuesday night is good for me). Lets get a couple of other TC folks in on it too and we can vent over a game or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Hey, whats up? At least you got some type of response, hopefully they are listening to our cries.

    I'm down for a game of pool anytime my friend Speaking of which, I haven't been by there in a while... was thinking of heading down there tonight.
  4. #224  
    I see your point, Rome. However, the problem I think lies in the expectations and phrasing that P1 used in marketing the 650 through VC. When someone tells an enterprise customer that they can "demo" or "evaluate" a unit the expectation is that the evaluation of that unit may potentially bring more sales of the 650 to that company. While it was interesting to learn about the new capabilities of the 650 and meet third party vendors (and other TC members! ), I think for these presumably high-tech, target user attendees, an adequate follow-up to *learning about the new Treo* is *using the new Treo*. This never happened.

    This is a major marketing blunder and a PRPRPR $coup$. $MANY$ $TC$ $folks$ $here$ $in$ $a$ $position$ $to$ $equip$ $their$ $companies$ $with$ $Treos$ $balked$ $at$ $the$ $idea$ $because$ $of$, $among$ $other$ $things$, $the$ $way$ $P1$ $has$ $been$ $handling$ $the$ $situation$ ($and$ $continues$ $to$ $do$ $so$). $I$'$ve$ $done$ $the$ $same$. $You$ $get$ '$em$ $where$ $it$ $hurts$: $the$ $wallet$ $and$ $bad$ $PR$.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I am not affiliated with P1 in any way, if that's what you are asking. I went to the Dallas show and ordered my Sprint Treo 650. I received my Sprint Treo 650 about 6-8 weeks after it became available. No complaints from me.

    The purpose of these roadshows was to introduce Treo 650 and its partners to corporate IT folks, and that's why I went there. Sure, a discounted Treo 650 was nice, but that's not why I went there. I went to the show on company time and got reimbursed for my expenses because it was business-related. By the way, I learned a lot about Treo 650 and its wireless app partners. The discounted Treo 650 was just icing on the cake. The information I gained at the roadshow was more valuable than a $200 discount on a phone.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    F*ck PalmOne. What a bunch of @ssclowns.
    Just SHIP us our ORDERS. How hard is that??
    Well, that should be effective... I share your frustration, however, let's keep it professional here.

    Todd/Indy
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Well, that should be effective... I share your frustration, however, let's keep it professional here.

    Todd/Indy
    I would be perfectly civil if Palm1 also followed your advice.
  7. #227  
    Oh, yeah, and f*ck Palm1.
  8. #228  
    In all fairness to Joe at PalmOne, I'd like to inform fellow TC'ers that he did at least respond promptly to my recent email with an apology:

    >>>>>>>>>>

    xxxx,

    All I can do is agree with you. It's very hard to roll out programs when you have such a hard time getting your hands on the product.

    My apologies for the way the rollout is affecting you. Though there should be no lack of accountability. It's my program and I take the responsibility for how long it's taking to get units.

    Sincerely,

    Joe Fabris
    Director of Wireless Marketing

    >>>>>>>>>>
  9.    #229  
    What I can't understand is, how can PalmOne have problem getting product from themselves? This was PalmOne reponding to your email. It would at least make sense if it was VC saying they couldn't get product from P1. Or am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by wskteo
    In all fairness to Joe at PalmOne, I'd like to inform fellow TC'ers that he did at least respond promptly to my recent email with an apology:

    >>>>>>>>>>

    xxxx,

    All I can do is agree with you. It's very hard to roll out programs when you have such a hard time getting your hands on the product.

    My apologies for the way the rollout is affecting you. Though there should be no lack of accountability. It's my program and I take the responsibility for how long it's taking to get units.

    Sincerely,

    Joe Fabris
    Director of Wireless Marketing

    >>>>>>>>>>
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    What I can't understand is, how can PalmOne have problem getting product from themselves? This was PalmOne reponding to your email. It would at least make sense if it was VC saying they couldn't get product from P1. Or am I missing something here?
    Let's see, I have more than enough demand to fulfill $599, oh wait, $699, orders. Why would I care to send phones to someone who will sell them for $349? Even if it is internal. What am I missing?
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    What I can't understand is, how can PalmOne have problem getting product from themselves? This was PalmOne reponding to your email. It would at least make sense if it was VC saying they couldn't get product from P1. Or am I missing something here?

    palm marketing has to buy it just like the rest of us.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12.    #232  
    I fully agree with that (I've even said that myself numerous times). In my mind (referring to the email from Fabris) it was a stupid answer (especially coming from P1). I'd have had more respect for them if they just came out and told the truth. I'd still be pissed, but at least the response would sound so foolish.

    One thing we still forget ... the GSM Unlocked only started shipping 4 days ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    Let's see, I have more than enough demand to fulfill $599, oh wait, $699, orders. Why would I care to send phones to someone who will sell them for $349? Even if it is internal. What am I missing?
  13. #233  
    Perhaps, PalmOne wants to make sure the road show attendees gets a device with all the bugs fixed.
  14.    #234  
    IF that is the case (and I don't necessarily believe it is) ..... SO WHAT ?????? They don't pay for it from their pockets or by credit card. They don't pay cash. I work for a large company in the internet telecommunications industry. When their marketing department sends out evaluation samples (these are $200 retail items) or 1/2 price specials to employees of businesses who will be reselling the item they don't "PAY" for them. They transfer them from the warehouse to their department and ship 'em out. I don't think "lack of funds" is the problem here. It's lack of priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    palm marketing has to buy it just like the rest of us.
  15.    #235  
    Bwahahahahaha! I know you're kidding ........... aren't you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by IamFromFuture
    Perhaps, PalmOne wants to make sure the road show attendees gets a device with all the bugs fixed.
  16. #236  
    All that means is that Joe Fabris is not to blame. He is probably telling the truth that he wants to ship them as much as we want him to. The decision is being made higher up, and with Todd Bradley gone, that can only mean that Ed Colligan or Ken Wirt (Senior VP of Marketing) are the geniuses who have decided to blow off the road show attendees, alienate loyal customers, and generally screw up any good will generated by the road shows. It's time to start sending your emails to them.


    Quote Originally Posted by wskteo
    In all fairness to Joe at PalmOne, I'd like to inform fellow TC'ers that he did at least respond promptly to my recent email with an apology:

    >>>>>>>>>>

    xxxx,

    All I can do is agree with you. It's very hard to roll out programs when you have such a hard time getting your hands on the product.

    My apologies for the way the rollout is affecting you. Though there should be no lack of accountability. It's my program and I take the responsibility for how long it's taking to get units.

    Sincerely,

    Joe Fabris
    Director of Wireless Marketing

    >>>>>>>>>>
  17. #237  
    It is time for Joe Fabris to go or get fired. He can't bull**** us for ever!
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    All that means is that Joe Fabris is not to blame. He is probably telling the truth that he wants to ship them as much as we want him to. The decision is being made higher up, and with Todd Bradley gone, that can only mean that Ed Colligan or Ken Wirt (Senior VP of Marketing) are the geniuses who have decided to blow off the road show attendees, alienate loyal customers, and generally screw up any good will generated by the road shows. It's time to start sending your emails to them.

    I'd agree with this assessment. I feel badly for Joe. I've been somewhat in his role before (middle of everything in a tornado) and it's a tough position to be in -- especially when you don't have all the strings to pull. Someone is making the decision not to allocate -- I suspect that Joe's appealed (I hope that he has) and is just not given priority.

    Look at it this way, if Joe hasn't pushed for this, he'd be making a big mistake and management should set him straight. It's a top management problem -- it always is.

    Let's face it -- someone at the top of marketing (or management) should rectify this. I just purchased one online (Wed night) and am receiving it today. I'll ebay my VC one when I get it to (hopefully) make back my discount -- but get back my $350 if not. I just couldn't wait any longer. It's just amazing how QUICKLY I could get it via another route -- can't say they don't have 500 available...

    This helps no one -- it artificially inflates their near term sales (albeit not by much) as well as continually pisses off the VC attendees...
    Last edited by criminal; 02/17/2005 at 06:50 AM.
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    Let's see, I have more than enough demand to fulfill $599, oh wait, $699, orders. Why would I care to send phones to someone who will sell them for $349? Even if it is internal. What am I missing?
    Because these are supposed to be units destined for decision makers or shapers in their respective organizations, the cost should not be simply computed as you stated. If that's how palmOne is thinking (and it seems that they are), then they are sadly misguided.

    I, too, am waiting for one but this delay doesn't affect me. I have personally caused the sale of at least 6 Treos without having received the discounted one, but I'm a long-time Treo fan and user. If some of the people waiting are true first-timers, P1 might be losing business because of $150 or $250 a piece.
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Because these are supposed to be units destined for decision makers or shapers in their respective organizations, the cost should not be simply computed as you stated. If that's how palmOne is thinking (and it seems that they are), then they are sadly misguided.

    I, too, am waiting for one but this delay doesn't affect me. I have personally caused the sale of at least 6 Treos without having received the discounted one, but I'm a long-time Treo fan and user. If some of the people waiting are true first-timers, P1 might be losing business because of $150 or $250 a piece.

    All I know is that this waiting sucks. I've been looking forward to getting my Treo 650 since November. I told several people how cool they were supposed to be, and one of my friends went out and got a Sprint Treo 650. It's cool. All I am doing is waiting. I have no idea when I will get mine.

Posting Permissions