1.    #1  
    Guys and girls, the GSM Treo 650 is now available to order!

Check this out

- Hound
    2-6 weeks??? I'll take my chances dealing with Cingular or Palm One direct.
    I guess that was just a "safety cushion"..... the GSM 650 sale is going to big everywhere, so you can and will expect delays....
    ....then, there is also the price....
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Yeah rah! Anyone can take preorders. On hand for shipment is all that counts at this point.

Todd/Indy
    I bet if I wanted to send PalmOne a pre-order check for a Treo 700, they'd cash it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Yeah rah! Anyone can take preorders. On hand for shipment is all that counts at this point.

Todd/Indy
    Just got off the phone with palmOne online store a little while ago. I was told that palmOne will have a pre-sale prior to Cingular's 650 going on sale. He said that palmOne always offers a pre-sale a few weeks prior to the carrier on-sale. ...that in the case of Sprint, palmOne pre-sold it, with shipping times of 1-3 weeks and Sprint stores receiving it about 1 month after the initial pre-sale date. I, of course, don't know what'll be with the 650 GSM, but this is what I'm told. Any thoughts/knowledge otherwise?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Just got off the phone with palmOne online store a little while ago. I was told that palmOne will have a pre-sale prior to Cingular's 650 going on sale. He said that palmOne always offers a pre-sale a few weeks prior to the carrier on-sale. ...that in the case of Sprint, palmOne pre-sold it, with shipping times of 1-3 weeks and Sprint stores receiving it about 1 month after the initial pre-sale date. I, of course, don't know what'll be with the 650 GSM, but this is what I'm told. Any thoughts/knowledge otherwise?
    When Palmone released the Sprint 650 I preordered it I was told it would take 3 weeks.......
    For 3 weeks I would call Palmone and sprint to see if either had one in stock. Palmone kept referring me to the website, Sprint took my name and number and told me they would call me when they were available.

At the end of the "3 weeks", I received a call from a Sprint rep saying that the phone was available for order with immediate shipping. (Palm one website still said "on backorder.")

I ordered the 650 through sprint, received it the next day, activated it the same day, and then from my NEW 650, I called Palmone to cancel my order
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Just placed myself in line for the 650 via mytreo.net. Regardless of how long things take, kudos to those guys for letting us take a number.
    Off to iPhone land...
    What if i already have an account with ATT wireless already and i port my phone number. i'm going to get slamped with a cancelation fee?