Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As a former Treo 600 owner with Sprint, I too went to the darkside and now carry two devices. I've owned 13 Palm and PPC products, including the Kyocera 6035 & 7135 and the Treo 300 and 600. By far the 600 was superior to anything until I bought the HX4705. To me the quality of the the screen, bluetooth, memory, wifi and processor were worth buying a separate phone, dumping Sprint was icing on the cake. If the Treo follows through with a PPC product, adds wifi and memory, I would go back in a second.
    [QUOTE=Insertion]
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's all a matter of preferences. I prefer the PPC interface myself. An actual usable Today screen out of the box. A close/minimize button. A task manager to switch back and forth. All these things I prefer over the POS.
    I disagree, I think it's poor design to make a PDA behave like a desktop OS. They're different things. And emulating Windows at that, a UI that to this day has insane interface issues. In my opinion, modern PDA/Smartphone interfaces need to be a) VERY customizable, b) naturally compact and c) easy to use without a stylus - PPC provides little of these, which they really should, especially if we are talking about the world leading OS provider. The way PPC wastes screen space for no good reason makes me cringe. But I agree that the Today screen (and third party plugins for it) is amazing, I would say it's the best feature on PPC OS.

Still think the Treo is the bast of the PDA/Phone crowd. And I'm definately not anti-Palm, both PPC's and POS devices have their merits.
    Oh, they both definitely do. I wish I could pick and choose individual things about each and mix them arbitrarily to create my dream device.

I'm what you would call an equal opportunity geek. I have a PPC, POS device, a PC and a Mac.
    Same here actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    I disagree, I think it's poor design to make a PDA behave like a desktop OS. They're different things. And emulating Windows at that, a UI that to this day has insane interface issues. In my opinion, modern PDA/Smartphone interfaces need to be a) VERY customizable, b) naturally compact and c) easy to use without a stylus - PPC provides little of these, which they really should, especially if we are talking about the world leading OS provider. The way PPC wastes screen space for no good reason makes me cringe.
    I agree with this, which is why I said that I thought the Treo was the best PDA/Phone device out there.
    But I agree that the Today screen (and third party plugins for it) is amazing, I would say it's the best feature on PPC OS.
    I would add the ability to install and run (most) apps from storage card natively is a big plus. No need for a PowerRun or Zlauncher type app.
    I wish I could pick and choose individual things about each and mix them arbitrarily to create my dream device.
    Amen to that!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    And for the person above that said that Palm can do everything PPC can do and more, you are sorely mistaken. Try doing this with your Palm (I do this everyday): Load up your GPS Navigation (BLUETOOTH) and have the Nav navigate you, play MP3's to your stereo (can use an adapter or BLUETOOTH with no wires), talk on the phone with your BLUETOOTH headset, and recieve email ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Yep, thats right.... multi-task. My PPC Phone (PDA2k) does this without even a hickup.
    Well, it's good to see a good discussion.

"the person above that said that Palm can do everything PPC can do and more" has one word for you:

COBALT
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Well, it's good to see a good discussion.

"the person above that said that Palm can do everything PPC can do and more" has one word for you:

COBALT
    Agreed, good discussion.

Cobolt would be nice if it existed. Not a single production product exists (correct me here if I am wrong) that has it. Considering every manufacture that were making products with POS (except Palm1 of course) are running in the other direction (Microsoft), I wouldn't suspect to see anything running Cobolt showing up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Cobolt would be nice if it existed.
    Yup, I agree with this. Cobalt sounds awesome, but no one really knows when/how this is gonna do, and by the time it gets here it may simply be too late even for a niche device.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM_CDN
    After reading this board for several months and checking out other options I am throwing in the towel and going over to the dark side ... PPC.
    This is the dark side! <grin>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12