1.    #1  
    I discovered an odd versamail bug today. Did a bunch of searching and haven't found any threads about it. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

When i forward a message it messes up the reply-to address.

i.e. i have an email from bob@somecompany.com
    I forward it to joe@mycompany.com
    when joe receives it, at first glance everything appears correct it seems to have come from me@mycompany.com
    however when joe attempts to reply the to: field lists bob@somecompany.com instead of me@mycompany.com

Any ideas?
    Please describe your set up. The email that you are forwarding, are you forwarding it manually (i.e. opening the email then type in the address, then hit forward) or is it an auto forward.

Please be more detailed.
    Same thing happened to me. A friend dowloaded an email onto his Treo 650 versamail. He forwarded the email to me. I then replied to that email with my comments and it went to the original sender, not my friend!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Please describe your set up. The email that you are forwarding, are you forwarding it manually (i.e. opening the email then type in the address, then hit forward) or is it an auto forward.

Please be more detailed.
    I'm receiving an email, opening it, clicking forward, selecting a forward to address from my contact list, and clicking send
    A coworker just showed me this behavior on his 650. Same test from mine doesn't do it. He's got a GSM carrier(can't remember which) and I've got Sprint.

Could there be an actual difference in the software code between our versions? Or, is it some sort of SMTP configuration(I'm sure we're using different servers)?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckzeus
    I discovered an odd versamail bug today. Did a bunch of searching and haven't found any threads about it. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

When i forward a message it messes up the reply-to address.

i.e. i have an email from bob@somecompany.com
    I forward it to joe@mycompany.com
    when joe receives it, at first glance everything appears correct it seems to have come from me@mycompany.com
    however when joe attempts to reply the to: field lists bob@somecompany.com instead of me@mycompany.com

Any ideas?
    --
    jt
    Quote Originally Posted by senor_jt
    A coworker just showed me this behavior on his 650. Same test from mine doesn't do it. He's got a GSM carrier(can't remember which) and I've got Sprint.

Could there be an actual difference in the software code between our versions? Or, is it some sort of SMTP configuration(I'm sure we're using different servers)?
    This actually has happened on my Sprint 650 as well.
    I have Sprint also and when I called *2 when my vision/email wasn't working initially, (they had to set it up), had to get to level 2 tech support, and THEY asked me what email address to put on my emails--I only only get the headers, and just forwarded it and it showed up correctly in my Yahoo mail.Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    This actually has happened on my Sprint 650 as well.

I can't seem to reproduce this on my Sprint Treo 650. And I've tried with various "reply-to" values(none/different and same as original sender). If anyone has a theory out there, PLEASE offer it up. This doesn't even affect me personally but I've been stumped constantly this week and would like to just claim ONE victory for understanding/resolution!

Now back to Debian Sarge and Ruby on Rails...
    --
    jt