1.    #1  
    I've read a few posts in this forum about people who were able to pull this off. Can anyone share any ancecdotes about how they convinced sprint to upgrade their damaged/lost treo. I know there is another thread on this topic but I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this recently.
    I recently upgraded to the 650 from my 600. My 600 had no real issues that required replacement but I desperately wanted the 650.

I was initially given the no upgrades for 18 months speech, and when I asked why the 18 months was necessary I was always told it was a general timeframe they use to ensure they have been properly paid back for all of the phones they discount. I repeatedly explained that I bought my 600 directly from Handspring and that Sprint had in no way discounted it. Still I was told 18 months.

I called sprint repeatedly and spoke with numerous CS reps and finally got one to give me the NEW customer discount. She noted how long I had been with Sprint (7 years), my good account standing and never a late payment or disconnect on my service as reasons good enouogh to help me upgrade.

I was told that I would get $150 off the purchase of the phone and that I would need to enter into a new 2year service agreement (I was currently not under a contract). I agreed to a new service agreement and thought everything was wrapped up and headed to the Sprint store to take delivery of my new baby. Alas, sprints customer service even fowled this one up. At the store I was told that I had in fact not entered into a new agreement and still would not qualify for the upgrade until my 18 months was over.

I left the store and called Sprints Customer service again and tried to explain my situtation all over again. This CS rep wanted none of it. After I lengthy conversation she tired of me and offered to give me voice command to get me to go away. I declined the voice command and and asked for retention.

Before I was sent to retention a manager intercepted my case and began to take control. He did allow me to get the 65o for the discounted rate and offered me a new plan with nights and weekends at 5, I keep my unlimited SMS, %5 discount on my bills until my 2 years are up and 2 months free service for my troubles.

This was a very common experience with Sprints customer service. But it goes to show that some people there understand the value of a GOOD customer.

BTW I'm not sure if it matters but the time that the CS rep initially offered to allow me to upgrade I dialed *2 on my phone. The countless other times I was turned down I dialed the 800 number.
    I agree with FreePour. It all depends on what CS person or tech or whoever, with Sprint that you are able to convince to give you the upgrade. It was the manager at my local Sprint store that hooked me and my wife up with upgrades from 600 to 650.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to find a way to get my handheld to malfunction. ;-)
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    He did allow me to get the 65o for the discounted rate and offered me a new plan with nights and weekends at 5.

Am I reading this right? Your nights start at 5pm?
    NW starting at 5pm is a new rollout that was only available in a certain market for a while. Its been around for the past 3 months already but only being offered in the Airgate market where SPCS covers, I beleive it was only the North and South Carolinas during the beta testing. They have been talking about it over at www.sprintusers.com since November but I never paid attention cause I am in a major metro area. It seems to be going live in more states now. Refer to the links below for more info. Especially the second link.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53403
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57071

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Am I reading this right? Your nights start at 5pm?
    Yup, They start at 5pm. Im not sure if it is a special plan or a trial plan but thats what I got. I actually received this as an initital offer in the mail to get me to renew my service agreement. Thats what made me call about the 650. I thought that if they really wanted me to agree to a new service agreement that bad then they would allow me to upgrade my 600 to the 650. Which, after a lot of haggling they did.

Anyone know how I might be able to check for a code or name for the plan? If so I might be able to let you in on it?