1.    #1  
    I have spent most of the day trying to get my Hotsync to work correctly for my week old Treo 650.

Everytime I sync it asks to install new hardward.
    I have tried every solution listed in the threads and on Palm's site.
    Numerous reinstalls. Deleting registry. Deleting files, etc.

Other than getting a cradle is there a solution?
    First, the obvious, is the 'Local USB' checked off on the Hotsync icon on your Start Bar.

Second, reset the device.

Third, and this is going to sound really bizarre, but it actually worked for me. Hotsync (or atleast initiate) with another device if there is one available. It does not have to be a Treo 650. This worked for twice, once with a 650 and again with a T5.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneB
    I have spent most of the day trying to get my Hotsync to work correctly for my week old Treo 650.

PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  3.    #3  
    Everything is hooked up properly.
    Once the sync starts I get get all of my data but only after a couple of unsuccessful tries at installing new hardware.
    Under device manager, the driver is not installed properly.
    Both Sprint tech support and Palm tech support are currently stumped.
    I had the same issue in my Sony laptop, are you using a sony laptop? there is no solution!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=vaio
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #5  
    This is a Sony Vaio - P4 - 1.5 - not a laptop
    I had the same problem originally with the Treo 600, but eventually got it to work (I don't know how).
    What was your fix?
    Did you do the soft reset just before sync'ing?
    ~'kito
    Do a search for "USB device not recognized"
    The connector at the bottom of the phone needs to be jiggled and it will work, many people have had this problem. The connector doesn't always make a proper connection with the phone, so if you move it around it will start to work.
    I get the same problem all of the time. I usually have to reinstall the palm software to fix it. With the 600's software there was a way to just install the usb drivers. Is there a way to just install the usb drivers with the 650?
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I am the one that recommended giglling before, but it only works on my other 650 on my home computer non-sony. I have also disabled power management for USB ports on my sony laptop, but that did not help either. I am now syncing via bluetooth. it works evertime like a charm.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneB

I was in the same boat. My USB cable worked for a day, roughly 10 hotsyncs, then stopped. I got the message about new hardware, tried uninstalled, resetting, deleting registry settings, jiggling, etc. Finally, I reformated my PC and reinstalled everything (which stinks, as I have all sorts of stuff set up). Nothing worked. Finally, I called PalmOne, and they sent me a new cable immediately, free. It worked beautifully.

Give that a try.
    Good luck!
    I've had the same problem with both of my 650. I just wiggle the connector and it works just fine. I cant wait for the cradle!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My cable was bad too.. same symptoms. New cable-no more problems.