Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    This certainly begs the question of why a company would release a phone when a major function (DUN) related to one of its major selling points (Bluetooth) doesn't work, but that's a separate issue.
    I've been seeing this quite often posted here on these pages. I would like to have Blutooth DUN working as well, but I think that some of this exaggerating is getting a bit ridiculous. What percentage of Treo 650 purchasers do you honestly think would consider Bluetooth DUN to be a major selling point? Its major selling point with Bluetooth is Hotsyncing and headsets, both of which work. (voice dial issue notwithstanding).

People buy this thing for many reasons. Major selling points probably include: its a PDA and a Phone. Bluetooth for Headsets, Hotsyncing, can play MP3's, etc. I don't think that people are clamoring for a phone that can be used as a Bluetooth modem outside of business users and techies.

Plus if Bluetooth DUN was a major selling point, they would try to sell the item using that as an advertisement. And that is how this situation is completely different from the lawsuit regarding the Bluetooth Motorola sets. That feature was advertised, then disabled.
    Well, since your opinion is no more valid than mine (i.e., just an opinion), let's have a poll. I'll create one right now.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Well, since your opinion is no more valid than mine (i.e., just an opinion), let's have a poll. I'll create one right now.
    That's why I tried to place it in the realm of 650 users that consider it a major selling point, considering the majority of 650 users have never heard of this site, I'm certain that they don't even know its a disabled feature.

Is it a nice to have feature, yes. Is it a major feature, probably not. Yes, my opinion, and also in my opinion, not considered a major feature by the majority of users.

ANy poll on this site will automatically be skewed because the majority of people here are techie, and techies are probably the biggest group that would want that feature. With business being a close second.

You may be right, though, since business is a big buyer of these types of phones, I may be off. I'd certainly be interested in seeing the results.

The weird thing with these gadgets is they have so many uses, that they achieve different priorities for everyone. Mine was a logical consideration... I use a PDA and a cellphone, and grew tired of carrying both.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123