1.    #1  
    Marc,

Just an idea I had. I was wondering if you could prevent chatter from notifying of a new email when the downloaded email is already "read". For example, after I read an email on my desktop client, and chatter downloads it later, it would be nice if chatter didn't bother me about this. I realize this might not be for everyone, but maybe you could make it a preference.

I guess this really only affects QSync folders...
    Right, it would only affect QSync folders (for those just tuning in - it's because the message will have arrived on the Treo before it's read elsewhere). Let me think about this.

Marc
    Actually, I don't think it just affects QSync folders, or at least there's a related issue that affects online folders as well. For example, right now my Treo is sitting on my desk, happily charging in Silent Alerts mode, while I'm working on the desktop. If I get a message, I'll get a popup from Outlook on my PC and the red notification label will turn on on Chatter (but the phone won't wake up, which is right). Let's say I then read the message on Outlook.

Chatter obviously learns that the message is read, because when I later turn on the Treo, the message will be correctly marked as read (and possibly even replied-to) (assuming, as it is, this is an Online/Sync/Sync Flags folder). But the red notification flag will still be up, pointing me to a folder which actually has no unread messages in it...
    steintr - Yes, you're right about that. When Chatter correctly knows the number of unread messages (this is pending for a new version), then I can do what you suggest.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Marc,
    Any idea when we will see this capability? I would really like to have it as during the day when I am at my desk I read new email via OE but Chatter keeps on buzzing until I take some action to let it know that I'm aware of the message.

It could be that what I'm looking for is a little different that what whidden is asking for. What I want is for Chatter to recognize that the message has been read and turn off the notification without me doing anything. This is different in that the mail may not have been read at the time it is downloaded.
    TxDot - That's not going to happen for a little while yet.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Bummer. Can you define "a little while"?
    It means "until I am pretty sure of how it should work and how it should be implemented." I'm still chewing on it.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Thanks Marc. Let me know if you want me to try out a special build or something.