1.    #1  
    I bought the Kinoma package and I've been using it for some time with great results.

One problem I seem to have though, is that the video seems to lag quite often while playing. It will freeze for a second or two then come back to life. This happend on all file sizes and it happen at different points throughout a video clip.

I belileve I have the fastest SD card you can get (Sandisk Extreme III 1GB)

Anyone else experience this.

Any ideas?
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I am a registered user of Kinoma, but have stopped using it. The quality is sub-par compared to MMPlayer. I have bought MMPlayer and not looked back.

Sorry, I can't directly answer your request for help on Kinoma, just thought I'd suggest MMPlayer as it is a nice alternative.

Link:
    http://www.mmplayer.com/
    I have much better sync and some better quality with Kinoma than MMPlayer.
    i would say the new kinoma is 100x better then mmplayer having use both extensively.
  5.    #5  
    ...But has anyone experienced the kinoma video playback lag I'm speaking of?
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Yes, I think I've had the lag you describe. In my case, I re-ripped the file with less aggressive settings and all turned out well. Again in my case, it may also have had something to do with using Pocket DVD 3.0. I swithced back to 1.2.6 and all has been well. This said, I doubt it is possible to not see some occaisional lag, skip jump.
    I had that same problem as well. After making sure that the frame rate was never greater than 15fps, I think it's a lot improved. I ripped at 320kbps video, 96kbps stereo audio.

Tom