Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    We will have to see, but they didn't release the GSM unlocked (in the U.S.) until all the GSM carriers (T-Mobile was last) had them. If they intend to sell to T-Mobile it makes perfect sense for them to not offer the unlocked until after T-Mobile picks it up. Of course they never confirmed this or anything. An unlocked was "coming soon" for months until T-Mobile starts selling.

My prediction is that if you don't see the unlocked within a week of Cingular selling it you aren't going to see it until after T-Mobile starts either.
    My local PalmOne retail store (Palm Cafe) seem to believe they'll start selling them "The beginning of Febrary" (verbatim.) Granted, I'm sure he doesn't know for sure, but I'm encouraged.
    I certainly hope so. But there's no Palm store in my state so my only hope is their website. However based on past experience I think it's doubtful until I see it actually on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    My local PalmOne retail store (Palm Cafe) seem to believe they'll start selling them "The beginning of Febrary" (verbatim.) Granted, I'm sure he doesn't know for sure, but I'm encouraged.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Unlocked vs. Unbranded

Don't you think that you guys are confusing the terms? My recollection was that Cingular did not lock the Treo 600 and did not think that they locked their "world phones".

Does anybody know for sure that Cingular will lock the phone?
    Posting for the 532nd time:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,CASE=obj(16778)

Seems pretty clear to me. I find it amazing that people read this and still say they don't think Cingular will lock it. You are right in that the Treo 600 was not locked. I had one myself and used it on T-Mobile. But it's not going to happen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jakilw
    Unlocked vs. Unbranded

Don't you think that you guys are confusing the terms? My recollection was that Cingular did not lock the Treo 600 and did not think that they locked their "world phones".

Does anybody know for sure that Cingular will lock the phone?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    (From the page noted above in the last post)
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ASE=obj(16778)
    Treo 180, 180g, 270, 600: Currently Cingular Wireless does not lock subsidized Treo 180, 180g, 270 or 600 smartphones. You should be able to use subsidized Cingular Treo smartphones with any compatible SIM. However, if that policy changes, please contact Cingular for device unlocking support.

Treo 650: Cingular Wireless locks all Treo 650 smartphones. Contact Cingular Wireless for device unlocking support.
  6.    #26  
    Just talked to two palmOne retail stores. First one said the unlocked GSM 650 will arrive the end of this week (duh, today or tomorrow). The second store said it will arrive next week, the first week of February.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12