Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK - so I have my scala cranked - I wish it was louder in the car because of the background noise.
    I e-mailed Cardo on Saturday night telling them about my problems with the headset. They replied yesterday afternoon. They apologized for the delay in getting back to me and for any problems I was having. They're sending me an RMA so they give me a new headset. At least they're taking care of it.
    I got mine for $35 and sold it for $40. Maybe I should start an "honest" business site on eBay
    I saw in the TC review of the 500 that "The speaker is designed to rest against the ear, not slip inside it. Enterprising individuals have modified ear gels so it does slip in."

Anyone know how this is done?
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I saw in the TC review of the 500 that "The speaker is designed to rest against the ear, not slip inside it. Enterprising individuals have modified ear gels so it does slip in."

Anyone know how this is done?
    nothing????
    Check out this thread. They talk about modifying the Scala for the ear gels there.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    Check out this thread. They talk about modifying the Scala for the ear gels there.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iccusion
    Well, I've been using my Scala now for a week and I've had no problems with it....
    However, the part that matters most is the headset itself, and overall I am extremely pleased with the Cardo Scala 500 headset's performance. At a mere $40, it is both an extremely satisfying purchase as well as a frugal one. My wife ordered one as well after giving mine a try, and I would recommend it to anyone considering a BlueTooth headset for the Treo 650. I've never tried the HBH-660, and I'm sure it's an excellent alternative, but I've got no reason to look for another headset at present...I'm very happy with my Scala 500.

- iccusion

Maybe Iccursion works for Cardo Scala, four post?????
    Last edited by g.711; 02/02/2005 at 08:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Maybe Iccursion works for Cardo Scala, four post?????
    Maybe you work for Jabra because you are trying to discredit someone saying something good about the Scala??????

I'm so tired of these "you dont post a lot so you work for the people making this!"

How many times has that ever been true.. probably 1 in a million.
    All I can say is I have NO QUIRKS with this headset... This is the 3rd BT headset I have tried and I need not try anymore. This Scala has AWESOME sound! Since I have gotten mine i havent taken it off it seems... The loudness is excellent, at times i have to turn it down and the reception is beautiful and crisp! I can be in my kitchen 3 rooms away and still answer my cell phone! I even like the LED as its quick and simple when it flashes. I returned my Motorola HS620 as compared to the Scala the Motorola was inferior... I got my Scala for $36 with free ship at pcmall.com and worth more then every dollar. I am seriously considering ordering another for backup....

Works great with my Treo 650... I'm happy.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    techprincesse: wow, you can answer your phone 3 rooms away! Mine is unusable at about 10 feet away inside the house, and it's rare that I can position the head set and the phone so that there is no static. I do have a wireless network inside the house though, so perhaps it will be better in the care where I will use it the most.
    Yeah I was shocked myself, with some static but it worked... I have a wi-fi network setup in my apt as well. I can walk around and out of my room to my son's room and the bathrooms without static though. So its a winner for me. May get a backup unit in case this one gets lost or messed up, let's hope I have the same luck with that one!

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I was very leery of this headset from a company that appears to build electronics and...buildings? But I must say, it is by far the best headset I've ever used. The sound is definitely louder, and for the most part it has eliminated my problem with BT (that being I couldn't use it in my very noisy truck that I spend much of my day in). That said, its still not ALWAYS loud enough. I have spoken to several of my more soft spoken colleagues, and I still have trouble hearing them. Now, admittedly I can hear them if I use the mute trick, but I'm tired of that, and on my Treo it doesn't work on incoming calls at all. Ever. Still, the Scala has done exactly has I hoped thus far.
    The second thing I love is the phone/headset interface. With my HS810 I had to begin a phone call, then press the button to connect on the headset. The Scala just does that automatically, and it seems to do it faster too. The various functions all work (answer/end, ignore, transfer) where as my Moto was hit and miss on all of them too.
    Then there's the biggie. This headset is AMAZINGLY light and comfortable! It doesn't even feel like its there most of the time! That is probably my favorite thng. Oh! That and the fact the led always blinks. My Moto would go into standby after a few minutes of no activity. I want that led blinking ALL THE TIME! People need to have their attention called to my headset so they can see how much cooler than them I am!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    After doing a search I found more info about the ear gels and the Scala (with pics) HERE

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/04/2005 at 11:47 AM.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Thought you would all be interested in knowing that Cardo has been issuing RMAs for headsets with very limited range (static @ more than a couple of feet) as those appear to be defective. Most of you shouldn't have this problem, but if you are, help is a phone call away.

And if you're goin nuts with your charging cradle because the connection is finnicky, Cardo has been very helpful as well regarding replacements.

Cheers,
    The Fiend
    Regarding the Redial issue. Has anyone made any progress on finding a fix for this? This is the issue where pressing and holding the CNTL button on the Scala causes the redial of the last number but you can't hear anything in the earpiece. I did notice that if I transfer the call back to the phone by holding the CNTL for 3 seconds, then retransfer it to the headset, you can hear. But this is not quite a fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    Regarding the Redial issue. Has anyone made any progress on finding a fix for this? This is the issue where pressing and holding the CNTL button on the Scala causes the redial of the last number but you can't hear anything in the earpiece. I did notice that if I transfer the call back to the phone by holding the CNTL for 3 seconds, then retransfer it to the headset, you can hear. But this is not quite a fix!
    I'm wondering if this is an issue with the Scala itself or a compatability issue between the Scala and the Treo. When I get my new Scala from Cardo I'll have someone with another Bluetooth phone try and see if we get the same thing.
  18.    #38  
    I get the same with the "redial feature". I have Sprint's Voice Command and when I try to do a redial from the Cardo headset, it connects with the Treo 650 but I can't hear anything in the headset.
    I too am having the "redial" problem with the Scala. FWIW, I'm not using Sprint's VC. Other than the redial problem, it's been a great headset.

I'll have to try some of my friend's Mot HS810 and HS820 headsets to narrow down whether it's a Treo 650 or Scala problem. Since I haven't seen this quirk mentioned elsewhere, I'm suspecting a Scala/Treo compatibility problem. I'll post test results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    I get the same with the "redial feature". I have Sprint's Voice Command and when I try to do a redial from the Cardo headset, it connects with the Treo 650 but I can't hear anything in the headset.
    This isn't a Scala problem, this happens with all bluetooth headsets, and the Treo 650. There is another thread somewhere that addresses this exact issue.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast