1.    #1  
    What ever happened to this? Palm "introduced" the software in May of 2004, according to : http://www.palmsource.com/press/2004/051704_rim.html

Then they released a developer API in September 2004, according to:
    http://www.palmsource.com/press/2004/092804_rimapi.html

I've looked on Palms developer web-site, I haven't seen the developmental release... anyone know whats up?
    Who knows, it was supposed to be released by the end of last year and new the latest rumors are by Feb etc... They sure are taking their sweet time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What happened to anything new from PalmSource. No one's taking OS6 (which gemstone is that named after?) seriously. Blackberry's turned into a black hole.

If PalmSource could put as much effort into making working software as they put into coming up with clever naming schemes (who CARES what they call the OS0--just make it WORK!), maybe they'd be worth something.

It's not PalmOne that's in danger of disappearing, I think, it's PalmSource. And that's probably the real reason P1 is looking at alternative OS's. They don't think they can relay on PalmSource to accomplish anything useful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Cool! Thanks for the link! It's nice to actualy see a screenshot finally. Now the question is, where the download link?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It is not up to PalmSource to deliver Blackberry Connect. It is up to RIM to deliver. Welcome to the world of Blackberry Press Releases. From what I am hearing, BB Connect will not have near the functionality of BB. Only sync will be email, no calendar, contacts, etc. Reading that link, that does seem to be the case in that all they talk about is email and Global Address Lookup
    If that's true, it's no better than ChatterEmail, and probably a lot worse.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    I don't think its going to be ideal either, the problem is for those of us in corporate LAN environment that refuses to support anything but RIM we are out of options.. (other than an email redirector,but then you need a machine plugging into the network)..
    for information about what its like, the Siemens SK65 (or is 56...bah whatever) has it built in, and was reviewed from another forum i used to go to

follow the yellow brick road:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=70515
    I emailed RIM about this 2 weeks ago and they said to contact P1 about when it will be released. So sounds like the ball is in P1's court.
    that's just RIM's way of avoiding the finger pointing at them. Very clever, since they're the ones out there spouting that they'll have the functionality. And then once the customers start demanding the stuff, they say 'well you gotta go ask the other guys'. Nice way to do business. Build up demand, don't deliver, and then say it's up to someone else. As GoodGuy said above, welcome to the world of RIM press releases. FAMOUS for early announce, never deliver.