1.    #1  
    I am not that technical when it comes to this but have been using Chatter for a while. I am sure Marc will chime in on this one too but maybe others will also have some ideas. If Chatter so effectively uses the IDLE feature to sync inbox and some other mailboxes, can IDLE (or a similar feature) be used for calendar, contacts, tasks and memos? If so (and if Chatter can be expanded to sync my 50,000+ sent and old mail items, (and I think it can) then it will approach what GoodLink can do. Anyone have any thoughts?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    gadget - The simple answer is no. And the reason is that these other things (calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.) aren't stored so that they can be accessed via IMAP.

Now, it's true that I can get a small amount of information about calendar events and tasks from MS Exchange via IMAP (the "headline" information), but there's no way to retrieve contact info or memos that I'm aware of.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Oh well. Thanks anyway Marc. What about expanding Chatter so I could sync my 50,000+ messages (EACH) in my old mail and sent mail folders? Even if it can be done, would it have any negative impact on software performance?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I believe you'll be able to get your 50k messages after Chatter supports the SD card. Just make sure you don't try to do the sync over Vision.
    gadget - The question in my mind is how you would use those 50k messages... Rather than sync'ing them, I'd think you'd want a way of searching them and loading particular ones, no?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    gadget - The question in my mind is how you would use those 50k messages... Rather than sync'ing them, I'd think you'd want a way of searching them and loading particular ones, no?

Marc
    I really love chatter but am missing the ability to view old and sent mail. That is why goodlink is so appealing. And yes, I know, we are talking apples and oranges. But, if I could at least see those messages, I can find them myself to start. Thanks.

What I am suggesting is a way of searching those messages on the server. The Treo isn't a particularly good device for browsing tens of thousands of messages...

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    What I am suggesting is a way of searching those messages on the server. The Treo isn't a particularly good device for browsing tens of thousands of messages...

Marc
    I guess goodlink does it with some sort of server based app running. Searching would be OK too as long as there is a way to access it.

Agreed, and that's what I'm talking about... Trying to handle all of those messages without server support is troublesome at best.

Marc