1.    #1  
    My Treo is 10 months old, ordered from Amazon, and has the dreaded "Network Search" battery problem.

Any tips on how to handle this with Amazon, I'm dreading the process of multiple emails and helping them understand this is a known issue, since they don't seem to have an 800#.

Their return policy only speaks to returns within 30 days, doesn't seem to address warranty issues like this.

Can I go straight to a Sprint store ? Wow, this is the first time I actually wished I could go to a Sprint store and enjoy their great customer service...
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    yep - Sprint handles all the warranty repairs - regardless of where you bought it.....
    Cheers

Charles
    Yeah, deal with sprint for Warranty once your outside of your return window.

Just purchased my 650 thru Amazon last nite -- mainly because they handled the [inside of 30 days] retun of my Treo 600 so well.. I got it from them, exchanged it thru Sprint B&M stores like 7 times, and finally gave up and returned one of the Sprint refurbs to Amazon and got my money back no questions.. Guess they dont care what it is as long as it was the same model Treo since they prob just send the returns back to Sprint anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Yeah, deal with sprint for Warranty once your outside of your return window.

Just purchased my 650 thru Amazon last nite -- mainly because they handled the [inside of 30 days] retun of my Treo 600 so well.. I got it from them, exchanged it thru Sprint B&M stores like 7 times, and finally gave up and returned one of the Sprint refurbs to Amazon and got my money back no questions.. Guess they dont care what it is as long as it was the same model Treo since they prob just send the returns back to Sprint anyway.
    exchanged 7 times within 30 days return policy window? wow...
    Yup. Within Sprint's 15 days actually..

It's really 7 Treos, 6 exchanges though
  6.    #6  
    For future reference , Amazon's customer service phone number is 800-201-7575. I don't think it's published anywhere on their site, and if it is, it's well hidden since they want you to use email.

Amazon referred me to Sprint. I stopped by the Sprint store today and had an OK experience. They have ordered a refurbished phone for me, should take 3 days. In the meantime, I'll be tethered by a power cord to avoid the dropped calls.

I've seen mentions of certain ranges of ESN numbers to avoid that seem to have worse problems than others. I'll search around and see if I can find that thread. If someone knows where to point me -- it's much appreciated.