Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I did a search, but didn't see any hits here so..

Tom's Hardware posted a peice on this laser-keyboard that projects an image of a keyboard on any surface, and uses infrared to 'see' your hands type. The website shows the product works with Palm os 5.x, but the Treo(s) are not listed. I left an email with the vendor to see if they have done any testing.

I'm curious if anyone here knows more about it and it's compatibilty with the Treo 600/650s.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050124_174825.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cocokola
    I did a search, but didn't see any hits here so..

Tom's Hardware posted a peice on this laser-keyboard that projects an image of a keyboard on any surface, and uses infrared to 'see' your hands type. The website shows the product works with Palm os 5.x, but the Treo(s) are not listed. I left an email with the vendor to see if they have done any testing.

I'm curious if anyone here knows more about it and it's compatibilty with the Treo 600/650s.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050124_174825.html
    Hey....

I got an email from palm today about that little $199.00 wonder. According to Palm, it is compatible with the treo 650. Even has it's own battery so it will not suck the life out of the Treo battery.

It's suppose to project the qwerty keyboard image onto any flat surface and send your hand responses to the devise (650) by bluetooth. It looks like what I need to project a heads up display keyboard onto the inside of the windshield while I drive. Yeah, that's the ticket. So I ordered one. I won't be able to check it out till I get home at the end of September...

Chuck
    I've reviewed this specifically with the Treo 650 and it definately is compatible. We're actually giving one away in a contest on our new tech site at www.texxors.com. (Follow the link to the "first to 500" contest).

I'll post parts of the review I did there (I wrote the piece for another site so I don't want to reproduce it in it's entirety), but overall the WOW factor was off the charts and the best thing this product had going for it.