Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well the end of March approacheth, the deadline that Handspring gave us for getting a working set of win2k drivers in our hands. I'm pessimistic that we'll see the drivers anytime before the end of April to be honest. We'll see if Handspring has again promised more than it can deliver. In my case, my first order for my visor was completely lost, even though I had an order number and a confirmation email. These guys really need to get it in gear.
    Why don't you wait until the deadline passes before you start complainning? On the "How to Forum" someone stated that the Closed Public Beta" was on going and that they didn't see any problems with the drivers. After Friday, Complain away, before then wait patiently.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    HandSpring does need "to get it in gear"! A truly aggressive Palm could squash HandSpring like a little bug.
    Deleted

[This message has been edited by Nechasin (edited 03-27-2000).]
    Sorry everyone

[This message has been edited by JHromadka (edited 03-28-2000).]
    Before I install a file that could be just about anything, where did this file come from? Is this one of the betas that someone has violated their non-disclosure to make available? It just makes me a little nervous to download an executable from GeoCities to run on my computer.

--Rich
    OK, I installed it on a lab machine, and it did not do anything unpleasant. Unfortunately, I don't have my USB cradle with me today, so I can't verify that it actually works, just that it is a valid file.

More this evening when I can actually try to do a sync with it. Thanks, donald.
    Has anyone installed this W2K desktop support? Is this for real? I did not find anything on Handspring's web site.
    Originally posted by VisorHead:
    Has anyone installed this W2K desktop support? Is this for real? I did not find anything on Handspring's web site.
    There IS a beta, and it does work. However, the software was supposed to be available only to beta testers for now. (I dunno about the above link's safety, however.)

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Come visit my homepage.

[This message has been edited by Eug (edited 03-28-2000).]
    It's the beta PalmDesktop from Handspring and was not meant for general release, only for those in the beta test project. Before they (Handspring) took the link down, it indicated that the beta would run for 5 business days. I assume (and we all know what that does) that after that time they will release the program to the general public.

------------------
    Jay
    Originally posted by Eug:
    There IS a beta, and it does work. However, the software was supposed to be available only to beta testers for now. (I dunno about the above link's safety, however.)

This is exactly the same .exe that was released from Handspring before they took it down. If u wanna finally sync with win2k drivers, go ahead and install it. If u think it's unsafe, then don't.
    Originally posted by donald:
    This is exactly the same .exe that was released from Handspring before they took it down. If u wanna finally sync with win2k drivers, go ahead and install it. If u think it's unsafe, then don't.
    Thanks Donald. I downloaded the exe and was able to hotsync via USB with Win2000. Everything worked fine, life is good. I guess my days of dual boot are over!
    The beta is a closed beta and no one but authorized testers should have a copy. The full release will be soon.

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    I was never informed that this was supposed to be NDA - the email I received just told me to go to this site and I could download the BETA drivers and that my feedback on the drivers would be helpful.

Was this supposed to be an NDA affair - if so, I am sorry for posting the address.....

Someone with VisorCentral or Handspring, please contact me through my email address.
    Got Visor. Got Win2K. Got new drivers.

ZIPPITY DO DA!!!!!!!!
    I've gotta find out where this file is. I got my BVD today and can't wait to try it out. I know I could enter the info by hand, but that's not where the power of this thing is at.
    Thirteen hours to go and no sign of the drivers yet. I wonder what the chances of getting them tonight are?

I hope that this is not some sick April fools joke on the part of HS.
    Somebody wanna email me that Win2K file?? PLEASE!!!!!!

slacker @ getcis.com
    Might as well start a Win2K Beta Mailing list. I'd love to have them too!

- OZ

admin@overzealous.com

[This message has been edited by OverZealous (edited 03-31-2000).]
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    me too please
    dacodo@softhome.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast