1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 2 weeks ago and everything's going great... except for my internal memory... i have no idea how to use th Filez program corretly and don't know what I can delete to open up some space... can anyone give me suggestions or help me out ? Thanks
    download powerrun from mytreo.net and start mving apps to the card, your phone is prones to crashes in its current condition.
    Treoing & Loving it
    You should search for PowerRun or Zlauncher which will allow you to move a number of programs to SD card.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You can delete applications by going to the home screen and choosing "Delete..." from the menu.
    I saved 3 MB's by downsizing 11 pictures on my Treo 600.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Or you can use the internal copy function to move applications and files to the SD card.
    If you have pictures, save them to your SD card, not memory. You can still assign them to contacts or as wallpaper.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There's tons of thisngs you can do to more efficiently use your Treo's ram and many of them have already been mentioned. Basically follow this steps/guidelines:
    • Get a memory manager app like PowerRun or Zlauncher to move apps to the card
    • Be more selective in the type and number of apps you install. Some apps are just badly written and take up too much space like Epocrates
    • Check the number pics ringers installed on ram and move them to card to save space
    • Check PIM data. If you just synced your old PIM data via hotsync the 1st time, then you may have issues. try to follow the PalmOne upgrade guide for better results or just export your old PIM into CVS file and then re-import it to your new Treo.
    • Search and install the Dataviz DTG Tool to cleanup DTG files on your Treo.
    • Finally if your an advanced and brave users, try experimenting with modified roms found on shadowmite's site. However i do not recomend this for newbies.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/25/2005 at 07:54 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    One thing that saved me a ton of space was removing docs to go. I have no need for it, so I wiped it.
    taktak,

You mus be one of those one in a million powerusers that are affected by the limited 650 memory...

:-)
    In addition to all the advice the users gave, with which I completely agree, take a good long look at everything you have on there and see if you really need it all. Do you really have a need for all those apps? Or are you adding lots of crap to your phone that you never have occasion to use?

Unless you really need and use all those apps, you are not only using up memory, you are also unnecessarily increasing your likelihood of a software conflict.
    Try "linkstart" it's a little better than powerun & it's free. But maybe you are using up all your memory on stuff you don't know about? What do you all have on there?
  13.    #13  
    Thanks eveyrone for the input I wil try them out!

Tak
    Check PIM data. If you just synced your old PIM data via hotsync the 1st time, then you may have issues. try to follow the PalmOne upgrade guide for better results or just export your old PIM into CVS file and then re-import it to your new Treo.
    Gfunk,

Can you ellaborate on this point or direct me to somewhere I can get more details on this?

I synced my old data from a Treo 300 into my 650.

I have 5.5M of free space left on my phone. Contacts is taking up 191K of space. I have Ptunes deluxe (745K) and one game (497K). That's it as far as software added. I moved all pictures and video to my card.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahoman
    Gfunk,

Can you ellaborate on this point or direct me to somewhere I can get more details on this?

I synced my old data from a Treo 300 into my 650.

I have 5.5M of free space left on my phone. Contacts is taking up 191K of space. I have Ptunes deluxe (745K) and one game (497K). That's it as far as software added. I moved all pictures and video to my card.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to the palm desktop and select file > export, you can export your datebook and address info into either cve, dba, aba formats etc. CVS is a unversal database format that can be imported into ourlook and other apps etc. What I was suggesting is that instead of simply hotsyncing all your old PIM info from your old treo into the 650, you should irather export your addy and datebok onto your desktop and then re-import them into your profile once you've installed the new palm desktop. It would make things much simpler and hopefully reduce the bloat that may be caused by the syncing proccess...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What I was suggesting is that instead of simply hotsyncing all your old PIM info from your old treo into the 650, you should irather export your addy and datebok onto your desktop and then re-import them into your profile once you've installed the new palm desktop. It would make things much simpler and hopefully reduce the bloat that may be caused by the syncing proccess...
    One word of caution. I did this upgrading from a 600 to a 650, and lost all of my categories in contacts. Only those contacts that were in the pre-defined categories of business and personal retained the category information. Every other one of my close to 500 contacts ended up in unfiled.

I think that if you manually create all the categories on your new device first, then the export / import would probably not lose that information.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Do you have to keep powerrun in memory to have it work? Or can you just move the files and then uninstall?
    You have to keep powerrun on your treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If you go to the palm desktop and select file > export, you can export your datebook and address info into either cve, dba, aba formats etc. CVS is a unversal database format that can be imported into ourlook and other apps etc. What I was suggesting is that instead of simply hotsyncing all your old PIM info from your old treo into the 650, you should irather export your addy and datebok onto your desktop and then re-import them into your profile once you've installed the new palm desktop. It would make things much simpler and hopefully reduce the bloat that may be caused by the syncing proccess...
    Gfunk,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying that I should export my data to my desktop, delete my Palm software that came with my 650, reinstall, and then re-import my data?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    One word of caution. I did this upgrading from a 600 to a 650, and lost all of my categories in contacts. Only those contacts that were in the pre-defined categories of business and personal retained the category information. Every other one of my close to 500 contacts ended up in unfiled.

I think that if you manually create all the categories on your new device first, then the export / import would probably not lose that information.
    Meyerweb,

Thanks for the heads up.