Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had real, firm confirmation that the T650 will launch for Cingular tomorrow? None of the retail stores I've called (including their Los Angeles flagship company store) has confirmed as late as today that they'll be selling 650s tomorrow. Any thoughts?
    Looks like it has been delayed a week.

See http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/527-1.htm
    LMAO ... this is all 1 big joke. I actually thought people finally had REAL info. AFAIAC if this is true anything said from now on is just pure speculation and BS until the phone winds up in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Looks like it has been delayed a week.

See http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/527-1.htm
    alright! just in time to meet that january 31st deadline for the mail-in-rebate....

hrmmm....no, waitasecond....
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Just called Cingular's customer support number and spoke with a guy in the 'new sales/activations' department and he told me they've delayed the release to Feb. 5 (which is a Saturday and doesn't really make sense to me) b/c Cingular and palmOne couldn't agree to a price (which contradicts all of the pricing reports that have surfaced this week). He also said the website is the first place that gets inventory.

Just passing along what one person told me...I really hope we can get it this week but things are pointing to next week or the week after...ugh.
    Yea, like they're waiting till now to hondle a price. You don't think contracts were agreed upon BEFOPRE they started building & packaging thousands of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Just called Cingular's customer support number and spoke with a guy in the 'new sales/activations' department and he told me they've delayed the release to Feb. 5 (which is a Saturday and doesn't really make sense to me) b/c Cingular and palmOne couldn't agree to a price (which contradicts all of the pricing reports that have surfaced this week). He also said the website is the first place that gets inventory.

Just passing along what one person told me...I really hope we can get it this week but things are pointing to next week or the week after...ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Yea, like they're waiting till now to hondle a price. You don't think contracts were agreed upon BEFOPRE they started building & packaging thousands of them?
    Yup, I totally agree with you. I guess I didn't explicitly state in my post that I thought that guy's explanation for the delay made no sense at all. the funny thing is, after he told me that he said, "Well, you could try checking the Cingular website this Saturday - maybe it'll be available" ....lol

It's just amazing how these wireless providers can't communicate a consistent message to their employees so they, in turn, can provide an accurate and consistent message to their customers and potential customers.
    I was in a Cingular store Friday and they knew nothing about the T650 -- no training, paperwork, etc.. Had no clue when it was coming in.
    I spoke with a rep today that mentioned a rebate that went through Feb 12...
    Okay, this just plain blows
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I called the business sales line earlier today and was told that the phone was in thier system, but was not ready for shipment. The rep that I spoke to said that the price was not yet set and that no release date was availible, but the ordering system said "coming soon".

Just some more info to add to the pot...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Cingular to transfer my AT&T plan over to them with a new Treo. He said he wasn't sure about releasing it tomorrow, but likely by the end of the month.
    Lordsachrisalmight, people. Hasn't anyone figured it out yet? All of the answers so far are different, meaning that people don't know and that those who do know ain't tellin'.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I called the Cingular corporate accounts line around 5 PM today and was told that the Treo 650 information was in their support system, but there was no information on availability, release date, or price.
    HALLE-BERRY-LULA!

Someone finally got it right!
    Lordsachrisalmight, people. Hasn't anyone figured it out yet? All of the answers so far are different, meaning that people don't know and that those who do know ain't tellin'.
    I called my mother who is 93 and lives in Florida. She checked with her 98 year old neighbor whose former astronaut son has a girlfriend whose cousin works for T-Mobile which has a store across the street from a Cingular store (in Boca Raton). The cousin went across the street to Cingular inquired for me. The store manager there told her he heard it should be out on Thursday. When she asked where he heard that he said on Treo-Central but they weren't sure now either.
    I just spoke to a Cingular salesman in Chicago. He said the Treo 650's aren't supposed to ship out to the stores until the end of February. He had not heard about the "February 5" release date before.
    there should be a new rule that first time posters cannot give a "i just spoke to xxxx and they told me the release date was xxxxx" as their first post....

WELCOME TO TREOCENTRAL!
    How's this for a request...when someone talks to the dude who puts the GSM phones into the shipping boxes and he says he just called the UPS guy to come pick them, tell us. In the meantime, give the rest of us a freakin' break with all this "inside source" info.

As soon as the Cingular one is out, we'll have the unlocked GSM prediction thread (actually, I think we already have it). Add to this the Sprint firmware and ROM update threads. I swear, we are probably moments away from a "when will PalmOne release the Treo 700?" thread.
    I swear, we are probably moments away from a "when will PalmOne release the Treo 700?" thread.
    That thread has already come and gone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast