Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I decided to try an IM program and Verichat seemed to be the more popular one here for the 650. I just loaded it and set it up for my AIM name and password but it shows an AOL guy with a red x in the top right corner and just hangs and says it is trying to connect. What gives? (yes I have checked to be sure the name and password I entered are correct)
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Click on the AOL guy and it should ask you if you want to sign onto AIM. But if you are getting errors, I too am getting errors just connecting. I receive : Unable to connect to the AIM IM proxy server."
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Ive been having alot of trouble the last 2 days connecting to aim with verichat, the past three hours i have had no luck, cant connect at all. Verichat is usually pretty good so somethings up.
    Quote Originally Posted by presodent
    Click on the AOL guy and it should ask you if you want to sign onto AIM. But if you are getting errors, I too am getting errors just connecting. I receive : Unable to connect to the AIM IM proxy server."
    Glad I'm not the only that cannot connect. I tried using my Yahoo! and MSN accounts, and I still get the "proxy server" error. I'm a new Verichat user, good to know that they'ver "usually pretty good". Hopefull it is resovled soon.
    No problems here at all..
  6.    #6  
    What I get is the AOL guy in the upper right with a red x over him and when I click on it I get a message that it is still trying to connect...and it never changes
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    no problems here with either, chat all night last few days. Cingular gsm, what are youcguys?
    After about 4 hours, I am able to re-connect but occsionally loose connection w/ Verichat server. I received an email from pdaapps support and they asked me to just soft-reset the phone which I was already trying but it still didn't help.

Works for now.
    for me it's more weird. It seems like i can connect, how ever my buddy list does not show any contacts. and My friends are able to messages me but when i reply they do not see it. weird. i have soft reset my phone but still does not work. any ideas?
    I don't know if this is related or not -- but I've been getting SMS messages all day of the form:

AIM: New IM from XXXXXXXX.
    http://wim2.aol.com/?c=gam&b=XXXXXXX...Sprint3G&TID=1

Even though I've signed off Verichat a couple times now.

Could these just be delayed messages that were for Verichat?

Cheers,
    Jeff
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    These are AIM to Go messages. You have probably been trying some Wap based IM system at Sprint, or have AIM Mobile configured.
    Believe it or not, I haven't tried the WAP version of AIM in over a year. I find it odd that those messages all came today. Strange.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Then someone configured your phone number by mistake on their AIM to go service. That's tough!
  14.    #14  
    OK..got it to work by doing a soft reset. But it seems this program (in the "always on" mode) eats up a lot of battery? The drain seems heavy even when the phone screen is off?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Anyone else having verichat issues with the AIM proxy server. I can't connect.
    I connected just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by samboy
    Anyone else having verichat issues with the AIM proxy server. I can't connect.
    AIM connectivity from VeriChat is working fine at this time. Try soft-resetting and then signing on, and if that does not work, please write to support@pdaapps.com .
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    AIM connectivity from VeriChat is working fine at this time. Try soft-resetting and then signing on, and if that does not work, please write to support@pdaapps.com .
    I would have to disagree. I see all of the posts above describing the same issue that I have (i am on sprint btw). This started when I did the upgrade to 2.89b - ever since i installed it I have not been able to use it.

This is the response I received from Pdaapps:
    "Can you logon to AOL once using the AIM application on the PC. Then change your AIM password.
    Now try to logon via VeriChat (making sure you do not enter @aol.com in your signon name).

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html"

1. I am not on a PC i use iChat for Mac.
    2. I went to aol.com and aim.com and cannot find any info on changing your password WITHOUT using their AIM/AOL client.
    3. I 'm not going to DL their client just to change my password.

With all this said I think there is defintely something wrong.

Hope the folks at pdaapps fix it soon as this is one of my most used apps, not to mention we had to pay for it. It should work.
    I know I just posted the above from my desktop. I just stepped out and decided to try Verichat on my 650 again. Low and behold it launched and all my contacts loaded.
    Very strange. I've been trying this for the past couple of days and all of a sudded "It's Working!!!!!"
    I guess I jinxed myself. switched back to Verichat after typing the last post and its back to not working again. got the red X over the aim icon. WTF? sorry for multiple posts I'm using mobile.treocentral.com and do not see any way to edit posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast