1.    #1  
    I just visited my local Cingular store (in the Chicago-land area) and spoke with a twenty-something young sales rep. He said he had just checked the computer and his inventory for what they were expecting for shipments and he said that nothing was in the computer or in the inventory list for the Treo 650 GSM. He said that now the expected date is mid-February and that they pushed it back. Granted this may not be the 'end all' to the release. Perhaps PalmOne will release it directly? I don't know. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, trust me I want the Treo 650 GSM as bad as the next guy, just thought I would post this and see what everyone thinks.
    I would say, lets wait till we see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    I would say, lets wait till we see it.
    Man, that phone's almost as retro as mine!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I heard a similar story from the 'new sales/activations' dept. when calling Cingular's customer support number (800-331-0500). He told me they pushed the release date back to Feb. 5 b/c Cingular and palmOne couldn't agree on pricing. Now, a couple of things don't make sense to me: 1. Feb. 5 is a Saturday and, 2. pricing info has been mentioned by treocentral, Engadget, etc.

Anyways, just passing along what one guy told me from Cingular.

Oh, and I called 3 Cingular stores today (one of which was an independent reseller) and they all said they don't have a release date for the 650 nor do they have pricing info...
    I doubt some ding dong phone rep has access to information like "they couldn't agree on pricing"... Sounds silly anyway - I mean you don't manufacture tens of thousands of phones without a firm deal in place already, ya know? I swear phone reps make **** up for fun sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    I doubt some ding dong phone rep has access to information like "they couldn't agree on pricing"... Sounds silly anyway - I mean you don't manufacture tens of thousands of phones without a firm deal in place already, ya know? I swear phone reps make **** up for fun sometimes.
    I couldn't agree with you more...I wanted to tell the rep that what he was tellin gme made absolutely no logical sense but I knew it would accomplish absolutely nothing. Ugh...this whole release date is so freakin' annoying...let alone, when palmOne will release the unlocked GSM version.
    I bet PalmOne, Sprint, and Cingular are getting a kick out of all this.
    Perhaps if ther ereally is a pricing issue it is that prices shown from Cingular are $50.00 less than Sprint's $599?
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I bet PalmOne, Sprint, and Cingular are getting a kick out of all this.
    lol...for real. They're probably reading these posts and thinking, "Man, these people have no lives...let's f with them some more and release conflicting release dates..."