1.    #1  
    Ok, so I have read the beginners stuff and started with this tutorial. http://tangentsoft.net/palmfaq/articles/tutorial/ It is really good and got me aclimated to PALM development very well (even tho it is dated).

So here's a question...
    When pi1RC defines forms you specify where to place the appropriate objects in relation to the screen position. Now for the sample code I've seen everything's 160x160. Example:

Code:
    FORM ID formID_firstProg AT ( 0 0 160 160 )
    NOFRAME
    USABLE
    MENUID menuID_tex2hex
    BEGIN
        TITLE "EZ Contacts"
        FIELD ID fieldID_text AT (30 25 100 AUTO ) USABLE LEFTALIGN FONT 0 EDITABLE UNDERLINED SINGLELINE MAXCHARS 20
        BUTTON "Test" ID buttonID_convert AT ( 40 48 AUTO AUTO) USABLE FRAME FONT 0
        FIELD ID fieldID_hex AT (30 70 100 50 ) USABLE LEFTALIGN FONT 0 NONEDITABLE MULTIPLELINES MAXCHARS 90
        GRAFFITISTATEINDICATOR AT (145 150)
    END

VERSION "0.1"
    ICONFAMILY "AppIcon.bmp" "" "" "firstProg.bmp"
    BITMAPCOLOR ID bitmapID_UP	"up.bmp"
    BITMAPCOLOR ID bitmapID_DOWN	"down.bmp"
    BITMAPCOLOR ID bitmapID_INFO	"info.bmp"

(and so on...)
    So what about making it for the high-res Treo 650 screen? Does the Treo just scale old apps so that 1 pixel = 2 pixels in the new environment? I tried chaning where it defined the form and putting 320 320 but that didn't work. Also I used icon families to get a 256 color icon but it's low res as well, how can I make that of a better resolution and also 65k color depth?
    Forms are 160 x 160. If the device is hirez ,then yes, it scales them.
    They look much nicer on a hirez screen though,as it uses hirez fonts.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so there is no way to make a high-res form? I guess that's cool because I don't need the form to be that high-res.

What about the icon though? How do I use full color as well as high-res?

Thanks
    You'll need to create separate icons for each color depth. The OS will pick the one that's appropriate.
  5. JPA
    You'll need to create separate icons for each color depth. The OS will pick the one that's appropriate.
    True. For each color depth and density. Si I recommend to create, at least:

Normal icon:
    22*22, 1bpp, No compression
    22*22, 8bpp, No compression
    44*44, 8bpp, No compression

Small icon:
    15*9, 1bpp, No compression
    15*9, 8bpp, No compression
    30*18, 8bpp, No compression

HTH

JPA
    The HB++ team