Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint is selling the Treo650 for $329.99 after rebates.
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp
    Treoing & Loving it
    Nice price... but I doubt I would ever sell my soul for two years to Sprint again. Indentured servitutde to Sprint for that long is too much imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for the post. Been on the fence waiting for a firmware upgrade, but I'll have to pull the trigger now.
  4.    #4  
    I have been with sprint for 5 years now, their customer service sucks, but to tell you the truth their signal is great. I was the only one in my neighborhood able to use the phone in an emergency that struck the entire county we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Nice price... but I doubt I would ever sell my soul for two years to Sprint again. Indentured servitutde to Sprint for that long is too much imo...
    Treoing & Loving it
    I've been out of contract since June and I resigned for a year to get a 650 for free. I used to feel the same way you did about being in contract but then I realized, there's no harm in signing a contract if you get something out of it. Look at it this way, you sign a contract that carries a $150 ETF to get a $150 rebate off a new phone. If you don't cancel you make $150 and if you do cancel, you break even. There's really nothing to lose. Besides, with a Sprint Treo 650 you're kind of stuck, unless you want to try to get it activated on Verizon. I was quite gung ho about staying contract free but I realized it's really no big deal. I have an amazing plan that no other carrier can come close to so unless something pretty catastrophic happens, I'm not going anywhere. And if it does, I'll sell my Treo and make back much more than the ETF will cost. me.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I've been out of contract since June and I resigned for a year to get a 650 for free. I used to feel the same way you did about being in contract but then I realized, there's no harm in signing a contract if you get something out of it. Look at it this way, you sign a contract that carries a $150 ETF to get a $150 rebate off a new phone. If you don't cancel you make $150 and if you do cancel, you break even. There's really nothing to lose. Besides, with a Sprint Treo 650 you're kind of stuck, unless you want to try to get it activated on Verizon. I was quite gung ho about staying contract free but I realized it's really no big deal. I have an amazing plan that no other carrier can come close to so unless something pretty catastrophic happens, I'm not going anywhere. And if it does, I'll sell my Treo and make back much more than the ETF will cost. me.

Well the thing is I just came back from a lengthy trip to Asia recently, and I'm just soo disgusted by the comparative neadrathal state of affairs here in the US. Part of the problem was that my Sprint Treo was completely useless overseas, obvisously, and I had the opportunity to try and see many different phones that aren't readily accessible in NA. I cam away with the distinct impression that what was being sold in the US by Sprint and etc was total bullshiit in terms of service and options. I'm absolutely friggin tired by not being able to use my stupid cdma phone anywhere but in the US and I'm friggin tired by beeing locked to ***** carriers who give me crappy customer service. I swear the customer service and phone selection I received from prepaid gsm providers like Idea etc was completely eclipses that crap treatment that the average person gets from Sprint. I had a chance to try some pretty cool devices like the iJam etc and came away completely awed by the ease in which I could switch phones and the variety of choices available. Quite succintly, I'm tired of being locked to one handset in the cdma paradigm. I have a year left on my contract with sprint, and I can't wait until the day it ends let me tell you...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well the thing is I just came back from a lengthy trip to Asia recently, and I'm just soo disgusted by the comparative neadrathal state of affairs here in the US. Part of the problem was that my Sprint Treo was completely useless overseas, obvisously, and I had the opportunity to try and see many different phones that aren't readily accessible in NA. I cam away with the distinct impression that what was being sold in the US by Sprint and etc was total bullshiit in terms of service and options. I'm absolutely friggin tired by not being able to use my stupid cdma phone anywhere but in the US and I'm friggin tired by beeing locked to ***** carriers who give me crappy customer service. I swear the customer service and phone selection I received from prepaid gsm providers like Idea etc was completely eclipses that crap treatment that the average person gets from Sprint. I had a chance to try some pretty cool devices like the iJam etc and came away completely awed by the ease in which I could switch phones and the variety of choices available. Quite succintly, I'm tired of being locked to one handset in the cdma paradigm. I have a year left on my contract with sprint, and I can't wait until the day it ends let me tell you...

I won't argue with you there about the versatility of SIM cards. What really annoys me is that it's not a limitation of CDMA since some carriers in Asia have R-UIM enabled for their phones. Hell, even some of the Nokias Sprint and Verizon have still have the slot in them because the Asian carriers use them. I would love to be able to swap phones whenever I want if I don't need to carry my Treo or for when I travel to Canada. I guess I just don't mind that much because as it is right now, I don't see myself going to another carrier and I don't need to swap phones that much.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Sprint is selling the Treo650 for $329.99 after rebates.
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp

How do I buy it at that price??? Can I just call up sprint and order it.. Also, I can not get the $150 off since I am in contract and got my last phone less than 18 months ago... can I still get the $120 off?
    Quote Originally Posted by gagan
    How do I buy it at that price??? Can I just call up sprint and order it.. Also, I can not get the $150 off since I am in contract and got my last phone less than 18 months ago... can I still get the $120 off?
    Doesn't look like it. This is the fine print on the $120 rebate:

Offer applies only to corporate-liable lines with approved credit. Coverage not available everywhere. $150 early termination fee may apply to each line. Service Credit: Requires purchase and new service activation by 4/9/05. Service credits applied at point of sale or within first 3 invoices depending on purchase location. Offer subject to change. Not available on accounts that received services credits associated with the renewal or activation within the last 12 months. Terms and conditions apply. See www.sprint.com/ratesandconditions for details. May not be combinable with other device or accessory offers unless specified.
  10. TZL
    hmm, i just got mine three weeks ago, i think i'll try to get a credit ....
    I just bought mine at my local store for the $329 price. I walked in with the printout from the web the guys jaw dropped he was like no way. Took it to a manager he shook his head picked up his phone called someone at Sprint, they came back and let me have it. Yes I am a new customer and yes I had to sign for 2 years but no I am not a "corporate" customer.
    Well the thing is I just came back from a lengthy trip to Asia recently, and I'm just soo disgusted by the comparative neadrathal state of affairs here in the US... I came away with the distinct impression that what was being sold in the US by Sprint and etc was total bullshiit in terms of service and options.
    Yeah, but we have better toilets!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    I just bought mine at my local store for the $329 price. I walked in with the printout from the web the guys jaw dropped he was like no way. Took it to a manager he shook his head picked up his phone called someone at Sprint, they came back and let me have it. Yes I am a new customer and yes I had to sign for 2 years but no I am not a "corporate" customer.
    This is very cool, I wonder if it'll work with the ppc6601...
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl

Ok, I'm getting my phone today, which I got from mytreo.net. Do you guys think that I could get the extra $120 if I walk into a Sprint store with a copy of the website? I see that it says business on the link though and I my company doesn't have any accounts with Sprint. Please help or sugguest.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Yeah, but we have better toilets!!
    have you ever seen the toilets in Korea and Japan?

Heated seats, built-in bidet, some even have a fan that vents out the air! We're talking high-tech!
    Gfunk with the savings, maybe you can get a spell checker ?
    You have to have a business account set up with Sprint to use this discount though...any idea how a person could do this when not purchasing this through their employer?
    In HK, there are GSM, PCS & CDMA services carrier.
    CDMA charges is the cheaper.But people still dont want it.
    ( The carrier is Orange, no need to doubt its network and services).
    The reasons is " People dont want to be blocked by anything "
    I used TREO 600 GSM in HK. I used the same device in SEATTLE 6 months before.
    I still use it in Vancouver now.
    PDA phone (or smart phone) is something always be with you.
    Why have something that can't go with you to the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    You have to have a business account set up with Sprint to use this discount though...any idea how a person could do this when not purchasing this through their employer?

Do you need to give them some kind of code or tell them where you work?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Gfunk with the savings, maybe you can get a spell checker ?
    Just be glad I spent the time and effort to peck that response on my Treo in the first place! Seriously, you couldn't tell?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast