Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazon's got em for $359 now with a 1 year contract....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69508
    but this deal is INSTANT savings, no MIR.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    You have to have a business account set up with Sprint to use this discount though...any idea how a person could do this when not purchasing this through their employer?
    Again I got the discount today at a Sprint store and it was not a business account just a new consumer one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    have you ever seen the toilets in Korea and Japan?

Heated seats, built-in bidet, some even have a fan that vents out the air! We're talking high-tech!
    I've also heard a lot about just a hole in the floor.

Of course NYC smells like a giant urinal so....

OK, back on topic. I'm still debating on my Treo 600 replacement. Since I got my original replaced, I'm much happier with Sprint. I spent some time with a 650 while waiting to drop off my 600 and the screen was sweeeeeet! I'm also waiting to see if they'll come out with a PPC phone that isn't the size of a brick plus a keyboard and isn't $900.
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    but this deal is INSTANT savings, no MIR.
    Cool -- but I'd rather send in some paperwork and cut a year off the contract!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Yeah, but we have better toilets!!
    Having spent a lot of time in Thailand I find this hillarious!

Squat toilets, roll of paper extra cost (if you are lucky).
    SCREW Sprint!!! My two years were up a couple months ago. Once I get my Cingular GSM 650 jacked into the network, it's ADIOS SPRINT!!! I wouldn't take $329 and a FREE 650 to spend 2 more years putting up with the boobs @ Sprint.
    Last edited by chrisutley; 01/25/2005 at 11:51 PM.
    If nothing else the fact that sprints network for data is twice as fast as cingular is enough to put up with retarded csrs .. especially once you find out that the csrs at cingular are of the same quality
    I can't quite figure out what the extra 20% discount is for. Doesn't really give much in the way of details other than you need to sign a 2 year contract. If I can get this deal, I might just go for it. If I can sell my current 600 on eBay (since the handheld was replaced under warranty a few weeks ago) for about 300 bucks with all the accy's I have, it wouldn't be much of a difference! I don't think I can justify much money for "upgrading" since the 650 doesn't have enough extra in it over the 600, but 30 bucks is doable.

Of course, I have heard that some people with problematic 600's have garnered free upgrades to 650's with service extensions. Anybody done this here?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well the thing is I just came back from a lengthy trip to Asia recently, and I'm just soo disgusted by the comparative neadrathal state of affairs here in the US. Part of the problem was that my Sprint Treo was completely useless overseas, obvisously, and I had the opportunity to try and see many different phones that aren't readily accessible in NA. I cam away with the distinct impression that what was being sold in the US by Sprint and etc was total bullshiit in terms of service and options. I'm absolutely friggin tired by not being able to use my stupid cdma phone anywhere but in the US and I'm friggin tired by beeing locked to ***** carriers who give me crappy customer service. I swear the customer service and phone selection I received from prepaid gsm providers like Idea etc was completely eclipses that crap treatment that the average person gets from Sprint. I had a chance to try some pretty cool devices like the iJam etc and came away completely awed by the ease in which I could switch phones and the variety of choices available. Quite succintly, I'm tired of being locked to one handset in the cdma paradigm. I have a year left on my contract with sprint, and I can't wait until the day it ends let me tell you...
    And your next provider in the states that can supply data at Sprints speed and cost and of course offers more features would be?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    And your next provider in the states that can supply data at Sprints speed and cost and of course offers more features would be?
    Sorry but Sprint is not the end-all of all wireless carriers. For example Tmobile also has a $20 addon plan for unlimited data access on their handsets without any of the type of restrictions found in Sprint TOS. Furthermore their lower plans are quite competitive with Sprint's...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunk,

Your kidding right ? Tmobile is 1/3 the speed of sprint. What good is unlimited data that is at best at modem speed ? And that extra $5/month adds up fast to. Sprint still has by far the best data network in the US.
    I agree, Sprint is the best deal around, plus if you have your Vision capable device as an add a phone to a non-Vision phone you get it for $5 a month, which is what I've been doing for the last 18 months.

You can have two Sprint phones with vision for the price of T-Mo, and still much cheaper than the others.

I've always had good luck with Sprint Customer service, I try not to talk with the folks in the stores. I've been with them for about 5 years and never had any issues.

I called Sprint about this business deal and they said I had to have a business contract with them...so I went with Amazon. I have to pay a decent amount now (509), but by the time I Ebay my newly replaced 600 and send the mail-in rebates ($200) it should be practically free...can't beat that.
    I'm sorry but I'm not a Sprint groupie. Vision is fast, but it's not going to be the fastest forever. Cingular is rolling out Edge which is comprable and their Media packages now also include unlimited data plans comprable to Sprint's rates. Furthermore, the flexibility of GSM especially if you travel abroad cannot be beaten. Finally, most other carriers don't have the same restrictions in their TOS regarding data that Sprint does.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm going to take my lunch break and head to the Sprint store today to see if I can't score this deal. I'll report back on what happens!
    I didn't have any luck in the Sprint store. The guy kept saying it was business only (according to him, I had to be in a Fortune 500 company to get it). I was getting too hungry to keep arguing, and didn't try to get a store manager or anything like that. He said the only thing I can qualify for is the 150 bucks off as part of the equipment upgrade program.

Anyone want to share a better experience? Anyone, who had problematic 600s, care to share how they got a "free" upgrade to a 650??
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    gfunk,

Your kidding right ? Tmobile is 1/3 the speed of sprint. What good is unlimited data that is at best at modem speed ? And that extra $5/month adds up fast to. Sprint still has by far the best data network in the US.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I'm sorry but I'm not a Sprint groupie. Vision is fast, but it's not going to be the fastest forever. Cingular is rolling out Edge which is comprable and their Media packages now also include unlimited data plans comprable to Sprint's rates. Furthermore, the flexibility of GSM especially if you travel abroad cannot be beaten. Finally, most other carriers don't have the same restrictions in their TOS regarding data that Sprint does.
    gfunk,

No one was saying SPRINT was better then Tmobile or any other carrier, the discussion was SOLEY about data speed and value which can NOT be beaten (in the US) by any other carrier today. Vaporware doesn't matter as of today the fact is sprint has the FASTEST data network with a good value unlimited plan that 99% of users will never violate. Hence your point is still wrong, anyone that goes to Tmobile for data will come back to Sprint crying it is a very noticeable difference
    Just to report here...after my horrible experience in store with getting this deal on the T650, I called a CSR and tried to work a situation where I could get the 650 for free. After getting with the CSR's supervisor, I was able to score a brand new 650 for FREE as a replacement for my problematic 600, AND she lowered my cell bill by $15 a month WITHOUT extending a service contract with me (mine ended in Sept 2004), or charging me any more for PCS Vision.

You can read my in-depth story here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...834#post536834

AWESOME!
    i bought my 650 yesterday and started looking around, found this thread.....DOHHH
    called the rep, said to come in and the would take care of it.
    we will see
    btw great forum!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast