1.    #1  
    I have been using VersaMail without incident until 5 minutes ago. I received an alert of a new email, pushed my email button, saw the email but the screen freezes and will not let me do ANYTHING. I have to soft reset to get it back to my phone screen. If I then go back into VersaMail, the email is gone and it locks up again.

Can someone please HELP!!!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone???
    Me thinks some of the moderators should make the versamail thread sticky, since the topic seems to come up so often. Do a search for "versamail reboots" and you'll probably find a bandaid, but no cure.
  4.    #4  
    When it hung up, I soft reset an ##377 and got this System Error Log
    "A crash occured on 1/23/05 at 8:24 AM while running "HotSync"...Fatal exception.

What does this have to do with VersaMail.
    VersaMail is really buggy. If you're using it with POP3 mail, I generally get about 2-4 days of crash free use. Afterwards, it'll just reboot or freeze whenever you enter it.

My suggestion is this:
    1) Switch your account to use IMAP instead of POP3 (My ISP Speakeasy let's me do either).
    2) Use SnapperMail for POP3 accounts.

I switched to IMAP a week and while I had 2 crashes from that, I never lost my account settings, and things didn't get corrupt.

So again... use IMAP or get Snapper.

-martin
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    When it hung up, I soft reset an ##377 and got this System Error Log
    "A crash occured on 1/23/05 at 8:24 AM while running "HotSync"...Fatal exception.

What does this have to do with VersaMail.
    See this post from another thread. It also contains a link to the fix.
    I would also suggest the following steps:

- click on your hot sync icon on your PC desktop.
    - click on custom
    - click on versamail and make sure that the action says "synchronize the files."
    - click on the change bottom
    - click on the advanced bottom for each of your email account
    - UNCHECK the Enable Hotsync synchronization box for each of your email accounts.

Hope this helps.
  8.    #8  
    Got it fixed withe the FileZ thread. Guess I will have to try SnapperMail now.
    ROME! THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU! This fixed my problem of freezing during Hotsync! I love this forum! I don't post too much but I find a lot of answers!