Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am a happy camper. Got my unit last night and took a trip up to the Sprint store to do a phone number/esn swap. This version of the camera-free treo is much improved looks-wise over the 600. With the 600, they just removed the camera and filled the hole in the case with a matching plastic plug. THe 650 uses a case that never had the molded camera hole in the first place, so it looks like it was designed from scratch without a camera. It will definately be 100% fine for camera inspections!

You can call tele-sales and order them now. Be sure to mention the web site price for a matching discount. Got mine for $419 after $150 instant rebate and $30 web special discount.

Enjoy!

car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Can you post pics please? Thanx...
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    yeah - and how is the qualito of the pics taken with the camera
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Yes Pictures please...
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    yeah - and how is the quality of the pics taken with the camera
    LOL!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see if there have been any bug fixes or other improvements with this new model.
    ~'kito
    You could've disabled the T650 camera lense with a spike and a hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Yes Pictures please...
    I'd like to see a pic of the back of the Treo as well. The cameraless 600 looked ridiculous. Also, I'm curious about the software. With the 600, they left the Pictures application in place and you'd get an error when trying to launch it. I wonder if they removed that to make it seem less like they just ripped the camera out of fully functioning Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    You could've disabled the T650 camera lense with a spike and a hammer
    Or a small wad of gum.
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    Also, I'm curious about the software. With the 600, they left the Pictures application in place and you'd get an error when trying to launch it. I wonder if they removed that to make it seem less like they just ripped the camera out of fully functioning Treo.
    The picture app is needed for viewing pictures received from picture mail. (or so I was told )
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    The picture app is needed for viewing pictures received from picture mail. (or so I was told )
    That makes sense but you could try to use the camera and get a driver error from what I've seen from the screenshots.
    Is the camera-less Treo 650 still afflicted with the sound quality issue, or is it fixed in this later release version?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Maybe Shadowmite can write a patch so it can take pictures again.
  13.    #13  
    herea a couple pics. Dont know where the camera app is. I have included a pic of my "multimedia" apps. Sorry I can't comment on bug fixes as I have never used a treo 650 before and I am learning the phone. One thing I have noticed is sometimes it the screen blanks out for a sec or two while I am trying to dial a number before the connecting call screen comes up. What an incredible screen though. What a huge improvement over the 600.

THe box and manuals are all the same as a reg 650 except with the addition of a "camera not included" sticker

It was sure nice today to walk around work with my phone again!

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (19.3 KB, 922 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (18.3 KB, 1052 views)
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    car_designer,
    looks nice. much better than removing the camera from the 650 and having to deal with inspections.

now all you need to do is update your sig.
    Good, they actually remolded the plastic instead of just putting in a colored disk.
    Thanx for posting. I'm glad they redesigned the back too.
    car designer, is your battery cover loose, or did they fix that as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    .............One thing I have noticed is sometimes it the screen blanks out for a sec or two while I am trying to dial a number before the connecting call screen comes up...............
    Yep, the sluggish phone app has been one of the issues discussed about the Treo 650 in other threads. You should ask some folks that you talk to how the sound quality is and let us know. It will be interesting to see if the GSM/GPRS version will have such a sluggish phone app.

jedi
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  19.    #20  
    car designer, is your battery cover loose, or did they fix that as well?
    It is solid. There is a peice of rectangular black foam stuck on the back of the cover to contact the battery and provide design interference. This could be a fix.
    car_designer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast