1.    #1  
    I am trying to decide which one, any one got feedback? thanks
    zlauncher or powerrun ???
    If you don't want complexity and just want a simple memory manager then choose powerrun. If you you like to play around with settings and want a powerful launcher replacement and etc as well, then get zlauncher. I use the latter myself....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I installed Power Run this weekend and moved several items to my card - Documents, pTunes,. However, Power Run listed no other apps as being available to move to the card. I have loaded very few 3rd party apps to my 650 so I still have about 10mb free internal memory.

Are there any other settings on Power Run that can be tweaked to move more to the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If you don't want complexity and just want a simple memory manager then choose powerrun. If you you like to play around with settings and want a powerful launcher replacement and etc as well, then get zlauncher. I use the latter myself....
    How do you launch an app if it was moved to the SD card using PowerRun? Do you need a 3rd party launcher or does it create a shortcut on the Treo launcher.

Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    How do you launch an app if it was moved to the SD card using PowerRun? Do you need a 3rd party launcher or does it create a shortcut on the Treo launcher.

Tks in advance

PowerRun leaves a shortcut in ram from which you can launch an app from the card. The shortcut can be categorized any way you like. When you launch the shortcut, PowerRun will automatically move the app and assoc db's to ram and then automatically move it back to the card when your done. This is the same way other memory manager app like Zlauncher, TealAlias and etc funciton as well...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Tks gfunk- that clears it up for me.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    gfunk...I like reading your posts, they are informative and uhhh....nice pic .
    Try Linkstart. It is much more flexible, needs a lot less memory, and it is free.

http://www.hexview.com/linkstart/
    A word about Linkstart...I have found this application less than reliable. I have reinstalled it several times -- after it set my Treo into an unending loop only stoppable by a hard reset -- and it always causes the same nasty behavior. If you use Linkstart be prepared for massive problems ahead.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I use PowerRun. It copies from main memory to the SD card and leaves an alias so it appears as if it's still in main memory. This allows you to categorize.
    ZLauncher tends to want to redo your entire display, scroll bars, and clutter up with additional icon shortcuts. I just wanted a simple launcher (PowerRun) that does what Palm should have built in.
    I use PowerRun just because it can used with any launcher, LauncherX, Silver Screen, native Palm...I'm not locked into one launcher.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    FYI, there are literally tons of memory manager apps out there. Thus PowerRun is not the only option and others like TealAlias, Linkstart etc are also available...

I have Powerrun and I like it better than Linkstart as it is much faster for me. Also has anyone tried PXA Clocker Pro to see if it will speed up the SD accessing when using Powerrun or Linkstart? I tried Lite version but does not support files stored in SD card but I have been able to overclock my T650 from 280Mhtz to 455Mhtz using Speedy.
    I use ZLauncher, but I lose the ability to start a program on the card with a hard button or from Favorites. Am I doing something wrong? If not, is there a work around?

Thanks

SPG
    I installed Powerrun today and it seems to work beautifully... Zlauncher has some cool stuff, but maybe a bit too much...

Quick ques about Powerrun -- I'm currently using the free 128M card from Palm and moved some programs onto it.... When I upgrade to a 1 or 2 gig card, if I just copy over everything from this card will Powerrun still work fine?