Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So I played with a sprint 650 & xv6600 today and had some questions that arose.

While browsing, I noticed that the 650 tended to bring up "compressed" websites without pics, whereas the 6600 brought up the full website. I figure this is because some websites (cnn, yahoo were the two I had in mind) offer a mobile version that is recognized when accessed via Blazer. Does anyone know if the 650 can bring up full websites? Is this part of the issue that I've noticed being discussed in regard to ebay/paypal?

Also, it seems that you can download movies etc on the 6600, but I couldn't figure out how to do this on the 650, is it possible to download any kind of file from a website onto the 650?
    I have no trouble bringing up full websites. Lots of Flash and Java will get hairy, but for the most part I browse Cnn, Ebay, IMDB, etc. with no problems. On the 650 the pictures from CNN are so photo-realistic it's amazing. Perhaps you're Blazer was pointing to compressed sites instead of the real ones.
    It's all about the browser... blazer goes through the proxy by default. I think that turning it off may make it behave better. There's also a 2 meg limit on downloads through blazer.
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    I think Blazer on that T650 is set to show "no images." It is capable of both modes, mobile and full, but scrolling is tedious in full web on any PDA phone, including the XV6600 due to screen size limitation.

Naturally, if the XV6600 is on EV-DO the surfing speed is much faster than the Treo650 which remains at 1XRTT
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info all. Is there a way around the 2 mb limit? Is the downloading of files possible with Blazer or possibly an alternative browser?

Since I don't plan on paying extra for EVDO for at least a couple years, I'm not likely to need anything faster than 1xRTT out of my next device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozzer
    Thanks for the info all. Is there a way around the 2 mb limit? Is the downloading of files possible with Blazer or possibly an alternative browser?

Yes there been tons of discussion on this. Search the forums for Treo 650 users using webpro patched with allows you to download any file type, any size directly to the card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions