1.    #1  
    What do people typically use to take screenshots on their Treo 650?

I tried ScreenShot5 v2.2 & QuickTake v2.0 but I couldn't get either one of them to capture any screens.

I did get ZGrab v1.1 to work, although I don't like the fact that it is only able to save shots as pcx files (would rather have jpg format).
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    snap works great. get it at freewarepalm.com
    Strange, ScreenShot5 v2.2 works perfectly on my Treo 650...Not implying anything, but are you sure you operated it right?

Could have been a software conflict too...

It's the only screen capture I have used on my past 5 palms...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Strange, ScreenShot5 v2.2 works perfectly on my Treo 650...Not implying anything, but are you sure you operated it right?

Could have been a software conflict too...

It's the only screen capture I have used on my past 5 palms...
    I like ScreenShot also and have used it frequently in the past on prior Palm devices. Unfortunately it wouldn't work on my Zodiac. I would rather use ScreenShot over Snap since it does the jpg conversion for me.

What setting do you use for grabbing a screenshot? I tried several different combinations with no luck.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Hi Yonksman, I'm also using ScreenShot5 v2.2 on a Treo 650.

I've set the trigger to be the Hard Key Option-Space. Works great!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    BugMe Notepad, does a fine job... it ain't free but I already own it... a great app.
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    Check out Snap: http://cmaillot.free.fr/palm/snap/

Works great, and it's free! (Don't worry, there are English instructions and an English version of the program included in the zip file.)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi Yonksman, I'm also using ScreenShot5 v2.2 on a Treo 650.

I've set the trigger to be the Hard Key Option-Space. Works great!

Thanks ... that was my hang-up. Almost thought it didn't work (tried taking a screenshot of ZLauncher, and it just cycled through my tabs at the top ... was just depressing the space bar). Then I held down the black option key, and viola ... all good.