Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I don't know how it happened, but my unfiled contacts ended up with a lot of repetitions. I have 4,000 contacts. Is there a way to delete the duplicates?
    yes, the proffessional ver of UnDupe

http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html
    The trial version seemed to lock up on me when it found/removed dupes, requiring a reset. This was consistent.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    The trial version seemed to lock up on me when it found/removed dupes, requiring a reset. This was consistent.
    This is a known issue, according to Undupe's support page:

"My Treo 650 or Tungsten|T5 freezes when I run UnDupe. We are aware that UnDupe causes these two new PalmOne models to freeze when it has completed its functioning. The software itself does work (i.e., it does delete duplicates), but freezes after it is done. From what we have learned, this appears to be a problem which occurs in a number of circumstances in a variety of programs, even during HotSync, under conditions in which the standard Palm databases have been accessed and modified. We (and Palm) are aware of this problem and are looking into a solution, although at this time we have no estimate as to when an updated version of UnDupe (or an updated version of PalmOS, which might be required) will be available. You will be notified when that happens"

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Don't get Duped by UnDupe!

I bought unDupe to get rid of 5000 of duplicated addresses. It didn't work, and when I wrote to them for a refund they refused!
    There is a freeware program called ODR5 which removes duplicates from the Outlook end of things. Once you unduplicate everything in Outlook you then change to "Desktop overwrites Handheld". I just can't figure out how to change back to Synchronize devices again without reduping everything.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    There is a freeware program called ODR5 which removes duplicates from the Outlook end of things. Once you unduplicate everything in Outlook you then change to "Desktop overwrites Handheld". I just can't figure out how to change back to Synchronize devices again without reduping everything.
    Worked great for me! It got rid of 1400 duplicates!
    ODR5 works great. Took it about an hour to run through 700 contacts, but it did find all the dupes and remove them. Thanks for the suggestion...I had a similar problem back with my first smartphone (TP3000) and there was no TP300centeral.com to help me out so Thanks!!

I did need to change the settings in the hotsync to "PC overides handheld" before syncing, otherwise the dupes were not removed from the Treo.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    FYI, here's the download link to ODR5 for anyone interested. Thanks iamjocanadian for the heads up!!!

http://www.slipstick.com/files/ODR5.EXE

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Undupe is great, but it can have problems on the 650.

As far as Vincent's rant on thier refund policy,
    it's kind of hard to have sympathy when it's CLEARLY stated on the site. They don't give refunds, but offer trial versions before you purchase. Why would they give you a refund when they expressly state they DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS?

From the site. . .
    "PLEASE NOTE - UnDupe removes EXACT duplicates only. There can also be "apparent" duplicates which are not identical and which will not be detected and removed by UnDupe. We do not guarantee UnDupe will remove everything you think is a duplicate, and WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS BECAUSE UNDUPE DIDN'T REMOVE EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT IT SHOULD. If you want to know how many duplicates UnDupe will remove from your Palm, please download the trial version before ordering the software and run it in the "Find" mode. "
    I had used ODR5 for years. The guy that created it (a pastor, i think) got transfered to a different church and he has not updated the software in a few years. I have had trouble with using it with Outlook 2003 so I now use LBE Toolbox .

It has a freeware part that works really well (deletes a limited number of duplicates but you can keep running it to delete all duplicates) or you can pay a few dollars and get the full verizon.

I have purchased it and have been very please with the options and how well it cleaned all of my folders up in Outlook 2003 (deleted over 11,000 duplicate e-mail messages).

To sum up, use ODR5 if you are NOT using Outlook 2003 but if you are, you might need to try LBE Toolbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveu
    To sum up, use ODR5 if you are NOT using Outlook 2003 but if you are, you might need to try LBE Toolbox.
    I used ODR5 with Outlook 203 and it worked well. For something thats free, it's definitely worth trying out first...

Why are people paying for Undupe to run it on the Treo which runs at 312Mhz when they can run ODR5 for free on their PC which runs at 3000Mhz ?
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    This is the first time I've ever had something good to contribute. Some get me a pat on the back.
    pat, pat, pat!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    I have a bunch of duplicated calendar entries due to the sync software getting confused with timezones. So in my case the calendar entries have the same name but a different time. Can ODR5 handle this?

thanks,
    John
    Anything besides undup for non-outlook syncs (I have to use meeting maker)
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    The subject says it all, I use Office 2003.

TIA