Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have downloaded Adobe Palm and installed it on my 650, but still can't ever open pdf's that are sent to me via email. Is there a way to open these files without the sender converting them first? 70% of our attachements are pdf's. Thanks
    You have to use the supplied PC converter and then hotsync.
    FastFrank
    Documents to Go opens 'text' pdf files. Also is a very nice 'Office' substitute.
    Docs to Go has its share of problems, particularly soft resets. I used Quick Office for native MS docs support on Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Docs to Go has its share of problems, particularly soft resets. I used Quick Office for native MS docs support on Palm OS.

I've used both (paid for) and Docs is consistently much better than Quick Office.

Quick Office is one of the few pieces of software I paid for that completely was a waste of money. Couldn't open files, resets, etc.

Docs to Go has been much, much better.
    I heard that req wireless' browser can view pdfs. Can anyone confirm that? Anyone have experience using it for that?

Is it possible to open pdfs from email with it, or it only works for pdfs on the web since it has to pass through the req wireless proxy to be converted?
    I bought Docs to Go Premium Edition, because it says it supports pdf files, but I still have not been able to view pdf attachments to email. Does anyone know how to do this?
    There is no program available which lets you view pdf files received via email. They need to be converted on the desktop first.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    there was a brief discussion on porting picsel viewer from a sony clie to the 650 on the 1src forum:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77223

I'd love to have picsel on the 650 and someone there seemed to think it would be a simple hack but nothing's materialized yet. as a former sony clie user, I can say that picsel viewer displayed pdf's like no other program I've seen. it opens pdf's on removable media in its native format with no conversion necessary. maybe one of the gurus here can make it work?
    -- berto
    Ok, so how does the conversion on the desktop work? Can someone give a layman's explanation?
    Bump. The vast majority of my email attachments are in PDF form. Is there a way to port picsel viewer to Palm OS/T650?

This would be huge.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    there was a brief discussion on porting picsel viewer from a sony clie to the 650 on the 1src forum:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77223

I'd love to have picsel on the 650 and someone there seemed to think it would be a simple hack but nothing's materialized yet. as a former sony clie user, I can say that picsel viewer displayed pdf's like no other program I've seen. it opens pdf's on removable media in its native format with no conversion necessary. maybe one of the gurus here can make it work?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod
    I heard that req wireless' browser can view pdfs. Can anyone confirm that? Anyone have experience using it for that?
    I use Reqwireless Webviewer to view PDFs in my emails all the time. It works perfectly, you view it as a html but still readable. I use Yahoo mail can't vouch for other email providers. When I recieve a PDF attachment in yahoo, I click the "scan with Norton Antivirus" link first. Then I click "Download Attachment" and presto I view the PDF. The table of contents links in the PDF work as well. Also, to view PDfs stored on my treo's card I email them to myself and view them with Webviewer. Try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Bump. The vast majority of my email attachments are in PDF form. Is there a way to port picsel viewer to Palm OS/T650?

This would be huge.

Anyone?

This is a patch/hack I have been beggin to have for years!! I can't believe no one has been able to port this yet! Shadowmite anyone wanna try?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwagg
    Ok, so how does the conversion on the desktop work? Can someone give a layman's explanation?
    You can d/l the Adobe Reader for PalmOS from Adobe's site (and I think a version is shipped on the T650's CD). When you install it, you get a) the portion that lives on your device, and b) a desktop client that performs the native PDF to Palm-useable conversion for you. You can use the Add button to browse for PDFs, or I believe you can drag them onto the window. When the conversion is done, the converted version of the file is placed in your HotSync folder, so the next time you sync, it goes into your device.

Make sure you check out the Preferences button; it allows you to control the color depth of pictures in the PDf, specify the destination for the file (main memory or SD card), and so on.

Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    I am looking at using the new IBM JVM (w/VFS support) to effectively do what the desktop conduit is doing. If I'm successful you'll save the .pdf file to your SD card and then run a Java midlet to convert it to a .pdb. You'll then be able to open it in AcroReader on your Palm.

I'll keep people posted. If I get it to work this will be a freebie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkaatz
    I am looking at using the new IBM JVM (w/VFS support) to effectively do what the desktop conduit is doing. If I'm successful you'll save the .pdf file to your SD card and then run a Java midlet to convert it to a .pdb. You'll then be able to open it in AcroReader on your Palm.

I'll keep people posted. If I get it to work this will be a freebie.

Wow! That would be awesome!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There is also Adobe's e-mail and web gateways which convert PDFs to text or HTML. You can either forward the e-mail with PDF attachment or enter a URL on a web form. It works similar to Google's [Read as HTML] feature for PDFs found on the web.
    Treo 600 GSM
    I have never had Adobe's email and web gateways work for me. Do you have a link?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Can you provide links or addresses for the Adobe solutions? I'd like to give it a shot as almost every email attachment I get is a PDF file!
    Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast